1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Issues For Running A Mp3 Website (illegal) ???

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Amaryder, Feb 5, 2013.

Hello,
    One of my friend has started a Mp3 songs website last month he is indian too. his website is doing great but i want to know is running a mp3 illegal website is risk freee ??? is there any issues for indian webmasters ? If yes, then please tell me what type of hosting and security to take for that type for website so that it should be secured/safe for future.

waiting for your views! thank you!

Amaryder, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  2. Jesse27

Jesse27 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am in the Philippines and as far as I know, as long as you're in a hosting provider you know and trust, nothing to worry about but just make sure you make backups just in case.

The only least thing you could receive is an DMCA complaint, usually in your email/from your host (if someone contacted them) and you will be asked to remove the links/urls that is copyrighted.

Regards

Jesse27, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  3. xanth

xanth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Common sense should tell anyone that running an illegal website is absolutely risk free. You might not want to share this information as other people might get the idea and do the same, which might dilute the value of your illegal website.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    xanth, Feb 5, 2013 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  4. Amaryder

Amaryder Member

Best Answers:
    hmmm thanks for views guys!!!!!!!!

Amaryder, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  5. cartoonbabyboy

cartoonbabyboy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a friend that had a website that linked to uploading/download sites like 4shared, etc. and got a letter from the Californian court for participating in illegal actives. He argued that the files were hosted on a different server but the court didn't buy it, and forced him to close down his website.

cartoonbabyboy, Feb 6, 2013 IP
  6. belgin fish

belgin fish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've been running mp3 sites for around 8 years, have always Ignored dmca complaints and have never had an issue. Unless your website gets massive (I'm talking like 500k uv's / day) then you shouldn't really worry about anything.

belgin fish, Feb 13, 2013 IP
  7. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Member

Best Answers:
    Basically if either the operator or the server is located in the US, the US Law applies.

tyteen4a03, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  8. eric.wall.351

eric.wall.351 Member

Best Answers:
    Running a MP3 site may raise copyright issues. I believe you can take a license to run such kind of portal. This is the best practice for gaining traffic at sell the music, movies and more as well online. Or you can either take permission from the copyright holder to promote their music online.

eric.wall.351, Feb 25, 2013 IP