1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Buying Backlinks Just A Waste Of Money?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Arran Scott, Jan 25, 2013.

1. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it only worth if you are buying quality link, those crap link never help although you are getting thousand crap link. However, it is costly when you are talking about quality link

lifeplayer, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  2. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you outsource your link building to someone who would be able to build links naturally, rather than spend it on buying links. The difference between the two is that the former has a long term effect, while the latter can only give your rank a temporary boost. Buying links also puts your site at risk of getting de-indexed or hit by a major Google algo.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  3. speedyarticle

speedyarticle Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    One should Buy links if he/she can!
    The main purpose behind links is only the quality. If the domain from which you link back is having a High PR with high authority then it can be of any niche will definitely give you a boost in rankings.
    Sometimes people just look out for PR and just buy which is of no use by and then,
    ALWAYS TRY TO GET LINKS NICHE SPECIFIC, if not possible then must check below quality of a website before buying.
    One should always look out for every aspect, which are as follows:
    1) Domain PR ( As high as possible)
    2) Alexa ( As low as possible )
    3) Domain or page authority ( As high a possible )
    4) OBL ( As low as possible )
    5) Content ( As unique as possible )
    6) Domain Age ( As high a possible )
    7) Backlinks ( As more as possible )
    P.S Must check thoroughly by magestico - The most important
    8) Indexing ( As high as possible )

Hope I would have helped you more in learning more about links.

Regards,

speedyarticle, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  4. NikitaBeriozkin

NikitaBeriozkin Active Member

Best Answers:
    That sort of mentality will get you Penguined in no time. Optimizing for a single phrase like that has been over ever since Penguin came out. One of the central metrics Penguin tests for is over-optimization of anchor text, and the anchor text used. By creating all links with 1 or even 3, anchors you are telling google that "Hey I'm attempting to manipulate search engine rankings to get top positions so I can get ad click, collect leads, sell stuff. " They don't want that in their SERPs. If you want google traffic for that site, you need to buy it with Adwords.

All these notions about quality links that everyone is expressing are absolutely valid, and yes those are the links you want to drive your keyword rankings. But you also want a wide anchor spread of links coming into all urls of your site. Those anchors should be reflected by the general content of your site. That's how you gain authority, and that's how you avoid overoptimization penalties for both your onSite and offSite metrics.

The days of putting up MNSs and ranking them for 1 keyword are OVER. If you want google real estate you have to pay them rent. If you're ranking today, you won't be ranking tomorrow. As a search user, this makes perfect sense. When I search for something I want to find authority sites that have lots of info on the subject at hand. Not a site set up and optimized around that 1 particular keyword. Google is right to drop all these sites. And measuring anchor diversity is one of the easiest and best ways they can do it.

Plus they are Big Ads Business. They make their money selling ads. So if they think you're cheating them of revenue by actively attempting to manipulate rank, they will drop you like a stone. But if you are an informational hub, they will rank you and love you, because your users will love you.

So buy backlinks all you want. Don't buy AA comments, and don't by Forum blasts. You will never rank anything without links, just make sure you have anchor diversity that is matched by onSite content diversity.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
    NikitaBeriozkin, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm sure there are some out there that you could buy that have value, but I've never looked since I've never wanted to buy links.

And like others have said, definitely don't buy links that are on things like blog comments, forums (posts or signatures). If you are going to buy links, make sure you are doing it from the owners of the site the link is going on. Anything else is really just link spam.

digitalpoint, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  6. indrianto

indrianto Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depend on the site you paid to backlink your site. it will benefit if that site a good site, similar topics and not a spam site. You also check the statistics from Alexa, PR, Domain Authority, or IP server. Sometimes I have got some e-mails from a broker to find a number of blogs. And I know too many spam sites over there, so you need more efforts to filter it.

indrianto, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  7. beebar

beebar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Manually building like 100 to 200 backlinks in one or two months can be an uphill task, especially someone who is not devoted all his time to blogging. How do you people get it done manually, fast and efficient?

beebar, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  8. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You just make really good stuff that people want to link to without you even asking them.

digitalpoint, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  9. xxxize

xxxize Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I'm new here.. and this is my first post.

I believe that you will waste your money. I have some sites and I was tried to make traffic with paidlinks but the results was nothing in the end.
    I had at least 100x traffic from mine manual 20 trade links with other sites, but with "thousands" paidlinks!!
    From the other side, Google and Alexa count positive the paidlinks.
    In the end you 'll see that the matter is the traffic and not the links!!

xxxize, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  10. indrianto

indrianto Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is true.:)

indrianto, Feb 3, 2013 IP
  11. athanasios-davalas

athanasios-davalas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Natural backlinks has several criteria, among others:
    1. Placement of links on the content
    Natural backlinks are put in a sentence / article type.

2. Keyword anchor text form
    Given the link anchor text should contain keywords.

3. Deep linking
    Deeplinking is a backlink that leads to a web page that the topic addressed.

In addition to struggling to get Natural Backlinks separately, we also must look for quality backlink. Backlinks that we build will have a positive impact to our website SEOoptimization.

A site that was built without a backlink can rarely occupy the top positions of search engines

athanasios-davalas, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  12. chrisdingle

chrisdingle Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Buying backlinks still works you just need to make sure you have the correct checks in place to make sure you can tell the difference between a quality link and a bad spammy link!

chrisdingle, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  13. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As long as you acquire those links for users (traffic), it doesn't matter whether the links are earned, promoted yourself, and bought. The real challenge is how you evaluate link quality.

dejaone, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  14. Knocks

Knocks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Buying is fine, you just have to be selective about what you buy (as with anything else).

Knocks, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  15. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why would they do that. I know most of the big business listed in the high authority paid directories. And i dont think they are penalized or banned.

Matei Gavriluta, Feb 8, 2013 IP
  16. jamesbrands

jamesbrands Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolute rubbish.

If you bought links and they were a waste of time and money, you obviously bought some crappy links!

jamesbrands, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  17. v0x

v0x Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would never recommend buying backlinks for a new site. It's always a good idea to lay a natural link foundation to a site. Later on in the future if you want to expand your backlink catalogue with some high quality sites. Purchasing a link or two wouldn't be the worst idea.

v0x, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  18. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just take your time and get them naturally. Don't rush perfection..haha

superrichguy, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  19. Synastute

Synastute Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, I definitely think so that buying links is such waste of money. Because, some-times sudden increase in links may let your site get banned on search engines. Instead of that, you can use PPC or Google AdWords techniques.

Synastute, Feb 11, 2013 IP
  20. Rolas

Rolas Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its really hard to deal with google. You can buy a lot of backlinks but what will be use of? They're more and more getting worse and worse.

Rolas, Feb 12, 2013 IP