1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some Tips To Help Newbie Internet Marketers.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by michael.maricich, Jan 26, 2013.

I started in this business in 2006 just a few months after hurricane Katrina took my lawn care business, home any everything i owned. And one of the first thing i learned is that this business is cut throat. Full of people who should have been car dealers with a lisence to sell lemons. I mean look at half the crap there is, Sure it's shinny in the out side and makes you feel like you are getting a steal for the price but after driving it for some time you realize what a peace of junk you just bought. So here are a few good tips to point you in the right direction.

1.) Focus on one thing when starting out. It's easy to get information overload when your in these forums so find one direction and stick with it. Adapt to what the current trends in your market.

2.) Get educated in copy writing. This is one of the most important aspects of all successful marketers. See you are a sells man first plain and simple, it doesn't matter if you have a product, a service, or an affiliate if you can't convince some to buy into what your selling then you won't make money. Can u outsource copy writing? yes but that doesn't mean you can skip learning what great copy is. Anybody can right a sale letter that doesn't mean it's worth a damn and this could not only hurt sell but your reputation as well. Which brings me to my next tip.

3.) This is a business so treat it like one. See when i had my lawn care service i wasn't insured and i half did the work alot of times so when i lost it, it was very hard to start over in that business. My rep wasn't very good so gaining new clients and getting back old one's was a very difficult process. But in internet marketing if you burn your costumers they are gone for ever. Even worse news travels fast and it could break your future efforts. So be smart honest and all way produce a quality product and/or service.

4.) Don't waist your time on trying to game search engines or people for that matter. if you been looking around the forums for any amount of time you always see people trying to find the latest and greatest way to rank fast in google. Don't waist your time, they are ether out dated methods or at the least short term results that will be washed away in the next google update. Trust me if you find one that works then unless you discovered it yourself and been keeping it under wraps chances are the information is spreading like wildfire through out the im community. And that means it won't be long before all your efforts well have been for nothing. In stead focus on diverse ways of traffic such as social media, guest blogging or even video marketing. Stay clean and in the long run you will be awarded.

5.) Be Patient!!! Don't expect to see any real money for some time. Thanks to all the car sale men on the internet people are becoming smarter in there purchasing decisions. And with you being a nobody in there eyes it's unlikely that they will trust you. So build your rep up in your giving market and add value to what ever it is your selling.

Well there's a few pointers to think about and i hope it helps. There's plenty more things to learn about this business and i encourage newbies to feel feel to ask questions and hope that some of the more seasoned vets chime in and help the new guys and girls out so they can be on a path of success. This is a community and communities only can survive of the strengths of it's fellow bothers and sisters. Good luck and hope all the best in your conquest to rule your market.

michael.maricich, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  2. spider_web

spider_web Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks for sharing .

spider_web, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  3. dirocket

dirocket Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    excellent article
    thanks for sharing this @michael.maricich

dirocket, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  4. Becky Geno

Becky Geno Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a big challenge to find the right direction. I am still searching...

Becky Geno, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  5. actnews

actnews Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is a good tips for IM but also you need to think out of the box and find new ideas.

actnews, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  6. Ephrils

Ephrils Member

Best Answers:
    Great article! :) That's definitely how you should approach this. I'd like one more thing.

Work in niches you are passionate about.

My first big success was something I'm truly passionate about. That site is never "work". Clearly, people can sense if your heart is really in it or if you want to make some quick money. You'll never have problems looking for content to add because you've probably been thinking about it anyway and can't wait to make the posts.

Not all success is measured in $$$. That's how a lot of people keep score in IM but it is not the only type of success there is. Internet marketing has changed my life due to specifically, one person, who I may have never met without my skills working online. I can't put a price on that because it's just impossible, but it is proof $$$ isn't the only measure of success.

Ephrils, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  7. Guitarhermit

Guitarhermit Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Very informative article, many thanks for sharing.

Guitarhermit, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  8. vne5

vne5 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to have a strong action plan, stick to it, learn as much as you can, and the most important.. If it sounds to good to be true, IT IS! There are no short cuts especially when it comes to a quality website that Google likes! People will try to sell you all kinds of software, services, PDF's etc that will tell you the "easy" way to do things. SAVE YOUR MONEY! Nothing beats a good quality website with quality content. And trust me (from experience), Google knows all the tricks and nobody but Google knows what they are doing or thinking. If an internet marketer claims that they know the secret to #1 rankings, They are full of S!@#. If this were the case, they would be making millions working for multi-billion dollar companies or Google, as a consultant and not taking advantage of newbies for pennies. There are no shortcuts to success. Good luck!

vne5, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  9. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    These are some harsh reality checks, for everyone. Thanks for reminding us on hard this the internet can really be.

James Byun, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  10. alex27xander

alex27xander Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks for a such interesting post. Now i'm more motivated. Goodluck for all of us newbies :p

alex27xander, Feb 3, 2013 IP
  11. Volux

Volux Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Great advice. Thank you for the post!

Volux, Feb 3, 2013 IP
  12. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great advice not just for the newbies. This text gives me more strength to work harder and smarter. Thank you.

VukasinI, Feb 3, 2013 IP