1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Building Vs Link Earning

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jamesonaugust, Jan 31, 2013.

Can any one please tell me What is Difference Between Link Building and link earning?

jamesonaugust, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  2. irfan.nezami

irfan.nezami Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In a link building, you build the link for your website.it gives you traffic to your website.and you also get good page rank so, it is called the link earning.

irfan.nezami, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  3. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Link building : Technique you use to build your backlink pointing to your website in order to increasing your SERP even PR( page rank) , Like : Directory & article submit , Social bookmarking , Guest Post , blog Commenting.

Link Earning : << never hear this. or do you maen Earning from Link you sell? like blogroll or something?

suwandichen13, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  4. mokah

mokah Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link building is actively going out there trying to build links.

Link earning is creating meaningful, link-bait content that people like.

Needless to say, the latter is better for you.

mokah, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  5. greendealmanager

greendealmanager Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The Penguin algorithm update last spring penalized sites that were abusing link building. Later on, exact match domain links were penalized and even more recently, article links and directories have been hit.
    Link earning is a welcome change for ethical SEOs who want to promote great content. Content creation has always been the best way to gain backlinks from relevant websites, but it wasn’t a nice and easy way to increase your links like buying them was. S

greendealmanager, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  6. nickstamoulis10

nickstamoulis10 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd say the difference between building links and earning links is that you actively set out to build a link--leave a comment, create a profile, get listed as a vendor, etc. Earning links happens naturally as the result of your social media and content marketing. You create a video or blog that gets shared, linked to, quoted and referenced. For instance, a blog post I wrote several months back just got linked to from a New York Times post. I didn't actively ask that blogger to use my content, they found and used it on their own. That's an earned link.

nickstamoulis10, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  7. Amit Kumar Mondal

Amit Kumar Mondal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please read this article www[dot]seomoz[dot]org/blog/the-death-of-link-building-and-the-rebirth-of-link-earning-whiteboard-friday

Amit Kumar Mondal, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  8. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link building is building artificial links to your site, link earning is when you MARKET your stuff using social media, etc. and let it naturally attract links.

ninjamtlt1, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  9. flanagan

flanagan Banned

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Link Building is method get traffic

flanagan, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  10. jamesbrands

jamesbrands Active Member

Best Answers:
    seomoz?!! Ha. Next your going to be posting links from Matt Cutts blog!

jamesbrands, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  11. ultimat1

ultimat1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. No doubt. SEOMOZ doesn't even do their own SEO, they pay a SEO firm to do it so they can focus more time on teaching people how to do SEO. Make sense to you? Yeah, me neither. The strategies they share could possibly work well for an established brand, but unfortunately when you're starting out everything isn't unicorns and rainbows like it is over in MOZland. It's a lot more difficult to get people to share your content then they make it out to be. Trust me, I've tried it their way and I almost went broke. When you're dealing with a paying client, it's a little difficult to explain that we're doing "natural" link building when you're three months into it and they haven't moved from the fifth page.

ultimat1, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  12. indrianto

indrianto Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think link earning is the new age of link building ... link earning is more natural than link building. After i read some posts here and browsing.

indrianto, Feb 1, 2013 IP
    geegel likes this.
  13. ultimat1

ultimat1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alright, sounds awesome. Tell you what, you start "link earning" and I'll continue "link building", and we'll meet back here in a month or two to share results. :)

The bad thing about "link earning" is that it takes FOREVER to get results, can cost a fortune to produce the type of content that "earns" links and quite honestly it just doesn't work for 99.9% of the folks that try to do it. Now, unless you feel like the lucky .1%, I'd recommend that you stick with link building, at least until you're in a position to where you're already ranking, getting traffic, have a decent sized list and can afford to try your luck at earning some links. Just my opinion, anyway.

ultimat1, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  14. jamesonaugust

jamesonaugust Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information .......

jamesonaugust, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  15. mikehussy

mikehussy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The process of establishing relevant, inbound links to your website which help your website higher ranking with the major search engines and drive targeted traffic to your site.

mikehussy, Feb 4, 2013 IP
  16. sham2

sham2 Member

Best Answers:
    Nice sharing. Great job.

sham2, Feb 5, 2013 IP