1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Strategic Backlinking - How To Win The Seo Game

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ultimat1, Feb 1, 2013.

Alright, so in my quest for the two more likes I need in order to become an established member, I've decided to share some of the most powerful linking strategies I know right here in this post.

For starters, most people jump into SEO with the mindset that they have to have a gazillion backlinks - all with keyworded anchor text - in order to rank a site in Google. A year ago this may have worked, but with Google's new algorithm updates (namely Penguin) it can do a lot more harm than good. Many people claim that these Google changes make it more difficult to rank, but the reality is it's now possible to rank a website for a very tough keyword these days with minimal backlinking, provided that the backlinks that you create are powerful and authoritive enough.

These days it's all about diversity, PR and relevance - quality over quantity. I don't know about you, but personally I'm pretty lazy, so the less backlinking I have to do, the better.

Let's begin with Diversity - When I say diversity, I am referring to pretty much every aspect in your link profile. You should diversify everything, from the anchor text you use to link to your website to the types of links that you are getting to your website. In other words - those who are only focusing on one or two types of link-building methods are destined to fail at some point in the near future. For example, if you are currently only using web 2.0s and blog comments, you may want to consider spreading it out more onto other platforms. Throw in some High PR directory links, PDF links and guest blog posts and make sure that your anchor text is widely varied. These days Google doesn't bother too much with anchor text (other than to dish out over-optimization penalties), but instead determines what your website is about based more on what is on your site (on-page factors) and less about the anchor text that is used to link to your website.

Personally, I use a mixture of everything when it comes to link types
    (check out the entire strategy here: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/my-2013-linking-strategy.2631274)
    and use a ton of synonyms, naked URL links, Citation type links and "click here" links. When posting blog comments I tend to use random names (Bill, George, Sheri, etc.). I do still use my main keywords but only in about 10% of my entire anchor text profile.

PageRank - Personally, I don't bother much at all with links that have a PR less than 1. Even then I find it so easy to get PR2 and higher links (using tools like Scrapebox, Fast Blog Finder, and Game Changer) that even the PR1's seem like a waste of time. The only exception to this is when I'm creating links, like guest posts, PDFs and Web 2.0's, and that is because most of the websites that I build these links on have enough domain PR that it eventually leaks over onto the pages that I create, so they will be PR2 or PR3 in a relatively short period of time. I also use a lot of tiered link building, so the pages that I create will get enough backlinks from me that they will soon have enough PR to be pretty effective.

How to find high PR links - this is a tough one for many people, because they simply think that these links are out of their league or just don't know how to find them. The fact is, it's really easy to find these links. As a matter of fact, if you're reading this right now, you're literally three clicks away from getting a few high PR links to your website.

There is a forum right here on DP that is dedicated to buying links, and there are some pretty good link brokers here that can hook you up with some really good links. Check it out here: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/forums/link-sales.58/.

You can also find these links on the Warrior Forum and many other internet marketing and SEO forums (especially Blackhat forums). When buying these links, I highly recommend that you check out the website that your link will be on thoroughly before you buy in order to avoid getting ripped off by a fake PR site or a spammy website with 10,000 outbound links. If you have your link on one of these sites and it gets a hit from Google, so will your website. The best advice for this is to find a good link broker that you can trust and stick with them.

There are also many services such as Pay Per Post (https://payperpost.com/advertisers/) that you can use to get your link out on high PR blogs that may be worth looking into (depending on your budget, as these are a little more pricey), or you can simply use a tool like Expired Domain Gold to find some high PR domains that are expiring, snatch them up and build your own relevant page with a link back to your website. Just be careful if using this method and make sure that these websites are set up using Whois Guard and on unique C-Class Ips with inter-linking to lessen the chances of getting caught by Google or one of your competitors (they will often try to rat you out if they figure out how you're beating them)

Another cool method to get high PR links is to look for websites such as Open Source software sites that give links out in exchange for donations. Many times you can get a super high PR link (PR7+) for a $10-$20 donation. Just go to Google and enter in something like “open source” inurl:contributors, or instead of "contributors" you can use something like inurl:donations, inurl:contributions, inurl:sponsors, or inurl:donate. Instead of "open source", you can also search for something like "Drupal", "Wordpress", "Joomla" or some well known open source software program that could possibly have developers that rely on these donations. I have found some AWESOME link opportunities doing this, and I currently have a link on a PR8 page as well as a sitewide footer link that is present on about 150 pages, all with PR3 or higher.

That should be enough to get your creative juices flowing and get you well on your way to locating some high PR links for your own website.

Relevance - While not as important as diversity and PageRank, relevance is still an enormous factor when it comes to link building. When building links, try to find websites that are closely related to the subject material on your money site. Having high PR links by themselves is awesome, don't get me wrong. In fact I have several websites that are doing extremely well from a few PR5+ links that aren't in any way relevant to the niche that these websites are in (see the donations links above), but a high PR link from a relevant site is like gasoline on a fire - it literally explodes the amount of power that you get from these links.

You may run across many people on this forum or others that disagree or have their own theories as to what the best backlinking methods are, but I guarantee that if you follow what I have laid out here for just one or two weeks you will know without a doubt that this stuff works.

I hope that this was helpful to someone or many someones out there, and I hope it makes you a ton of money. Then, when you make a ton of money, I hope that you're so grateful that you send me some of it as well [​IMG]. Just kidding. Best of luck!

ultimat1, Feb 1, 2013 IP
    coloma21 and Ecreation like this.
  2. jamesbrands

jamesbrands Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow the second SEO guide I have read on this forum that actually makes sense, and will work.

Not too many people understand that if you want to rank for anything decent its going to cost money, fact.

If you haven't got any money to invest then you need to be smart with your niche selection and KW research.

jamesbrands, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  3. ultimat1

ultimat1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent point. If you do your keyword research right, then you can often get by with a minimal budget for SEO. Most people don't realize how many totally untapped keywords there are out there just waiting to be found. I just found one the other day in the SEO niche that I am going after full-force right now. I'll share what it is as soon as I hit the first page ;)

ultimat1, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  4. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Great post man. Finally, another member I come across that actually knows what he's talking about :)

coloma21, Mar 6, 2013 IP
  5. ultimat1

ultimat1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks I really appreciate that.

ultimat1, Mar 6, 2013 IP