1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I increase my followers on Twitter?

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by distractedstudents, Jan 16, 2013.

I have created a new website: www.distractedstudents.com

And I have created a new twitter profile for the same. Please tell me how can i increase my followers on Twitter? Twitter profile link is - twitter.com/distracted92

distractedstudents, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  2. tsudo

tsudo Member

Best Answers:
    1. Change your Twitter ID so it look more legit, try Get_Distracted, or some combo of words.
    2. Start following college students. Look for official college accounts, frat/sorority accounts, and mine their followers to find your target audience. Follow them, reply to them, RT them.
    3. Find guest posters to write posts and they'll help spread their work and your site.

That is step 1. Once you have a small audience then you can work on a large audience.

Find mags in your space that are doing well and see what works for them.

Also Tumblr will be huge for you so learn how to pull and push into that space.

REMEMBER: There are no shortcuts to doing it well.

Good Luck

~Keith @tsudo

tsudo, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  3. alasdairsim

alasdairsim Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tweet worthwhile content that people want to read. Sounds simple and basic but it's the most straightforward way to get actual, real Twitter followers.

You can pay for 1000,2000,5000,20000 followers, whatever number, but 99% of these will be spam accounts or people who have no interest in what your account is all about.

Tweet useful stuff that people want to read and follow (a small number per day) people in your target audience.

alasdairsim, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  4. distractedstudents

distractedstudents Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your suggestion!! I will really look forward to it.

distractedstudents, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  5. Jack_The_Stripper

Jack_The_Stripper Member

Best Answers:
    I've tried myself some sharing sites for social network followers of fans and like. I mean, it's nice for the ego & looks way more impressive than a small audience - but it has no visible effect on your performance or reputation.

Jack_The_Stripper, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  6. SEO_WatchDog

SEO_WatchDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you Re-Twitt my last news I will follow you. PM if interested.

SEO_WatchDog, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  7. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Heard of Twiends.com? Follower exchange system. Might not get very loyal followers but worth a try.

sar420, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  8. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will need a lot of time to get some bigger number of followers on the internet. But believe me it's worth it. You can pay for followers but only God know what you will get. So I suggest a free easy way. Follow people and connect with them and you will get followers that are interested for what you do. All the best for you

VukasinI, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  9. -bank-

-bank- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Currently in a similar situation, targeting students, how can posts be more engaging, currently most content I am placing online, for a student property company, is factual, and does not have creativity or encourage readers to want to read more. Any ideas, or suggestions on increasing interactivity with other twitter users?
    Thanks Keith for the ideas, although I am not sure whether many frats / societies / clubs, would follow a business specifically targeting them to advertise..

-bank-, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  10. norman grey

norman grey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Never use any automated tool or any kind of paid service that you can find on the Internet that promises to increase your Twitter followers. While they can actually deliver what they claim, it will not definitely help you in the long term. Twitter is now cleaning its site and are purging accounts that have lots of fake followers.

norman grey, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  11. 2thatop2gether

2thatop2gether Peon

Best Answers:
    I use Justretweet.com
    It's for any business blogs. After you publish a blog post you can load it there and set the amount
    of points you want to offer to have your post retweeted, g+'ed, or FB liked. My blog traffic tripled and my twitter followers doubled (though I have only over 260 followers, but they are targeted and responsive) after I started using this site faithfully.

2thatop2gether, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  12. VukasinI

VukasinI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to flush the people who don't follow you, use Tweepi. It's free and very useful.

VukasinI, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  13. poopbuttswag

poopbuttswag Peon

Best Answers:
    try following me! we tweet weird, funnny things. please follow!

@PoopButtSwag

poopbuttswag, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  14. PioneerGlobal

PioneerGlobal Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, it is very Easy, If you want real followers on twitter, create your profile interesting, add your BIO, website, and header Image, follow your categories followers, and tweets interesting tweets..
    you can also share your a/c on forum, Social networking sites Like as Facebook, LinkedIn etc.
    Above this steps help you to increase your real followers on twitter.

PioneerGlobal, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  15. Royalbluestuey

Royalbluestuey Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are spot on when you say "Not very loyal", the best way to get real followers on a social network is to be sociable. Chat, reply, retweet, join-in. You will gain people slowly.

If you have an active userbase on an existing website encourage them to use your Twitter as a way of contacting the site...make sure they know that you are tweeting and they will start reading.

Royalbluestuey, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  16. wproute

wproute Active Member

Best Answers:
    Tweet interesting content that people can benefit from or would want to retweet. Be active in replying to other ppl's tweet.. establish connection so u gain followers. it's actually quite easy.

wproute, Feb 1, 2013 IP
    edcpartners likes this.
  17. sanchyclub

sanchyclub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    PM me if you need real (targeted) followers (unlimited) for free!

sanchyclub, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  18. Ephrils

Ephrils Member

Best Answers:
    They first need to know you exist, so follow people related to what your Twitter account is for.

Tweet interesting stuff. I don't follow bots. If I see more than 1 post repeating to a new user by clicking on their username I'm not going to follow them.

Be likeable. KNOW what you're talking about. Share things OUTSIDE of the niche you're working in. You want to show them a real person runs the account and a real person won't stick to the same topic ALL the time even if the niche is very specific, they will socialize with their followers and have other interests.

It takes a long time to build an account with a lot of real people who are loyal followers. They want to know a real person is there, not a RTing robot who only tweets links to offers they're never going to want or care about.

Ephrils, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  19. cpruitt

cpruitt Active Member

Best Answers:
    I too have found JustRetweet to be a great source for new followers. The key is to make sure you are sharing great content. People there check out the content before they retweet it.

cpruitt, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  20. Royalbluestuey

Royalbluestuey Member

Best Answers:
    Will look into it, many thanks

Royalbluestuey, Feb 4, 2013 IP