1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advice needed on E-Commerce software

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by flashfodder, Jan 11, 2013.

Hey guys,I have a website that I'm looking to turn into an E-Commerce site. I'm looking to create a site where sellers can sign up, create a mini-shop just for them and upload goods to sell. Visitors to the site will be able to search across the whole site by category but also head to specific shops if that's what they want. They will be able to compare similar items for sale in different shops at choose the ones they want.I'm new to E-Commerce software and I've been playing around with ZenCart which was a free CPanel install. Although good, I've yet to find a way on it to create multiple seller accounts and subsite shops? Hence, I'm not certain it's the software for me.Does anyone have any experience in this field as to the best E-Commerce software for this scenario?

flashfodder, Jan 11, 2013 IP
  2. rashida

rashida Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I would suggest to try with AJ Shopping Cart - Best user & seo friendly shopping cart software with the rich set of marketing tailored features that can help you increase your online sales, promote repeat purchases. It is the best cart software to create your store.

rashida, Jan 11, 2013 IP
  3. hasan

hasan Active Member

Best Answers:
    You need B2B and B2C solution to full fill your requirement. The solution is not available out of box with any e-commerce software but you can try Magento and install dropship extension. PM me if you need more assistance.

hasan, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  4. Tomwindser4

Tomwindser4 Peon

Best Answers:
    I love magento. Easy cpanel install and highly versatile. Def cant go wrong.

Tomwindser4, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  5. davehermansen

davehermansen Active Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with Magento is you have to either be a developer or you have to pay a developer to use it. The learning curve is insane with Magento. If you aren't a developer and aren't willing to invest a ton of money into programming, I would recommend using a full-blown hosted solution like BigCommerce, CoreCommerce or Volusion!

davehermansen, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  6. job_online

job_online Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have expirience with cs-cart and little with xcart, but recently I started to work with wordpress as a platform, and wordpress can be (almost easy) turned into very nice and fully functional ecommerce platform with woocommerce plugins or marketpress plugins - so I would say to go for wordpress at this point. Its cheaper to work with wordpress and purchase few plugins than to purchase some of established cart scripts....

job_online, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  7. davehermansen

Best Answers:
    Wordpress with the right plugins can create a decent shopping cart platform. However, you can really only take off-site payments like PayPal with that solution. If you take on-site credit cards (which is recommended because it greatly increases your conversion rate) you will not be PCI compliant without an extensive amount of work & effort. If you want to take credit cards on your website you are best off using a hosted solution that's already PCI compliant so you don't have to worry about it!

davehermansen, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  8. Holopainen

Holopainen Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi flashfodder,
    What you are looking for sounds like CS-Cart multi-vendor solution. Check this review for details.
    I believe X-Cart also has a similar option.

Holopainen, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  9. davehermansen

Best Answers:
    FYI, every major hosted shopping cart solution that I know of offers multi-vendor shipping options. This is a "rare" feature on open source carts, but is a core feature on all premium hosted solutions.

davehermansen, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  10. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    muffet, Feb 1, 2013 IP