1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Flippa Has Changed It's Fees For Entry Level Websites

Discussion in 'General Business' started by OvaisAlam, Jan 24, 2013.

Flippa has changed it's listing and success fee for Entry Level/New websites. However, listing and success fee for established websites & domains are same.

Listing fee for new websites is now $9
    Success fee for new websites is now 15.0%

Flippa's pricing list: https://flippa.com/pricing

What are your thoughts on this?

OvaisAlam, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  2. sasanko

sasanko Active Member

Best Answers:
    A very unfortunate decision for small time users as it'll effect mainly the sites selling under $200. I would much prefer the system here in dp. Hope it gets more interested buyers and better listings.

sasanko, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  3. OvaisAlam

OvaisAlam Active Member

Best Answers:
    But remember that you'll only lose $9 (instead of that $29) if your website is not sold.

OvaisAlam, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  4. cjayrc

cjayrc Active Member

Best Answers:
    I love the new pricing system, especially if you sell start up sites, as long as you have a good offer/site/sales flippa tends to always be profitable.

cjayrc, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  5. aditdeep

aditdeep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    nice share bro, I will remember for next placement. Thanks

aditdeep, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  6. nepnixx

nepnixx Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    when it comes to selling websites non come close to flippa but their fee is very high for small site owners but his move will make some fresh blod..

nepnixx, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  7. almaritchel

almaritchel Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much for the info. This is good news for us. Last time I sell a website on Flippa, I think I paid $17, but didn't get any replies or bids. :(

almaritchel, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  8. cpruitt

cpruitt Active Member

Best Answers:
    The numbers work out almost the same as the old system for sites selling up to $200, then it becomes more expensive than it used to be. Still it helps make putting a site up for sale less risky. Also, if you enter your listing but don't pay for it right away, they will sometimes send you a one time offer for half off to go ahead and activate the listing.

cpruitt, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  9. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:

Can you post the website, you were trying to sell on flippa? We can probably, get a better understanding why it didnt or whats missed.

James Byun, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  10. cjayrc

cjayrc Active Member

Best Answers:
    It mainly just comes down to the type of site you are selling. If you are selling something with proven income its usually not hard to sell, may take a few listings but it will sell, and if the site still has income coming in you can always raise the price each listing to account for the additional revenue and after a few listings you will have made more than your initial investment back.

cjayrc, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  11. almaritchel

almaritchel Member

Best Answers:

It was http://www.beautyandfashionfinds.com

almaritchel, Feb 3, 2013 IP
  12. wproute

wproute Active Member

Best Answers:
    Considering this too! Less risky now to list bec the fee is smaller. So I like it!

wproute, Feb 3, 2013 IP
  13. globegenius

globegenius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Every one has their story. Mine has been negative so far over there. Maybe it will change. Did make a sale, I mean gave a domain away. The guy did pay but wants to transfer registrar. Told them they needed to buy it since I was not doing a "push". Over 2 months and no action yet on their part. I have transferred lots of names. As far as I can tell there has to be a bidding syndicate over there. Who else would pay so much for cr*p domain names and falsified information? They probably have a contest each week what junk they can peddle on to each other. You know, the stuff left in the basket after they never got that final bid out of the person they drove the bids up on. I might have a good imagination, but if it happens at "Feebay", why would it not happen elsewhere?

globegenius, Feb 3, 2013 IP
  14. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    So, breaking down a list from what I see, can be a bit different from you. But, from seeing a buying perspective, the website does better if it made previous money.

Buyers check list:
    -Ranking for certain keywords
    -Are you in the top pages for that word, if not how close are you, and does it best suit that need
    -Does it need a new design, and logo (seeing as added cost)

For your website right now, needs to rank for a certain keyword to show buyers one less things to deal with.

Your keyword: "fashion finds"

I dont want to overload with the problems, but rather see this as a learning point.

James Byun, Feb 3, 2013 IP
  15. almaritchel

almaritchel Member

Best Answers:

Wow! Thank you very much for that information James. I really appreciate it.

But I'm no longer selling my site now. It was a charge to experience. :) At least I know. :)

almaritchel, Feb 18, 2013 IP