1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ranking High In Google Search

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by crash9811, Jan 31, 2013.

These days every one is driving their self crazy and spending a lot of money to rank high on google.I was one of these people but now i don't bother with it, if i get there i get there. I'm so sick of google taking my sites from 1st page to 23rd page and then back to 5th page and so on. I have done all the right things and i don't buy links but still you never know ware your going to end up. From what i have seen most of the websites that stay on the first page are bigger companies. I also beleave google does not want sites to be stable so people will spend money to use adwords. I bet anything that goggles profit with adwords has gone way up since all these new updates have come out. Google is sneaky, they tell you they want more quality sites in search but the real reason is they want you to use adwords. If google wants more quality sites in search for users then why do they alow just about anyone to get a google adwords account and pay to get on the top of first page? They say buying links is a no no but isn't that what you're doing when you use adwords? I'm getting more traffic off Bing now so that's the search engine im going to concentrate on now. What do you think?

crash9811, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  2. funkymonkey65

funkymonkey65 Member

Best Answers:
    Google is definitely trying to force companies to spend more money on Adwords in my opinion. The fact that organic rankings are now much more focused on localised results and 'big' website such as eBay and Amazon. I know people who were previously found extremely well on Google (top 3 organic positions) but since Google carried out the Penguin update they have suffered big positional decreases and the sites that are now above them are high street clothing companies with massive budgets and visitor potential.

Previously Google's results tended to be far more varied, offering users a wide range of sites to choose from and giving websites a greater chance of receiving the business, but unfortunately Google do seem to favour the big boys in certain industries and that is putting off a lot of people.

I can see why you are now just focusing on Bing but the visitor potential on Bing is much lower than on Google. However, if you were struggling to gain good positions on Google but are now found effectively on Bing then the chances are you will be receiving more visitors now than you were previously.

Good luck!

funkymonkey65, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  3. shand0

shand0 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ranking on google is very hard and takes a long of time. If you want to get a good place, you should spend much money and time. But if you got it, it's very hard to lose it..

shand0, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  4. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I hate how the big sites and blogs always get to the highest ranks and all that now - which is a bit unfair in my opinion. But oh well, life goes on. You know you shouldn't be relying on Google anyway as they always change algorithms and can do what they want

michael.aulia, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  5. prasanth5

prasanth5 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It is not easy to rank high without Google. Of course you can take a lot of help from forum posting and blog commenting without depending on Google at all.

prasanth5, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  6. jackkavin

jackkavin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Personally I am seriously thinking two results:

1. Google will now onward provide real time search results. It will simply end in no ranking fight, who fits in terms of Google a best website to show result against the specific query, Google will lead all others down and will rank the best one up and now Google know best who to rank and who to down.

2. Google company is just experimenting the things and trying to figure what can be the best for end users of Google. Try to understand they are not running Google for search engine optimization experts, but they are running it for the common end users.

There is a terminology in computer sciences 'Artificial Intelligence' and core objective of terminology is to develop such robots, application which are close to human psychology. Google is trying to develop the algorithms which are close to human psychology and should respond naturally. If I am searching 'software testing company' I will not recommend to see a blog post written on a software testing company, but I will need a direct link to a software testing company available over World Wide Web. It is what Google doing out there, to keep the things right.

Let us see how Google sits now after 2 years of efforts with Panda, and Penguin types of updates.

jackkavin, Feb 1, 2013 IP