1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Does Link Disavow Work On The Google Webmaster Tools?

Discussion in 'Google' started by amod.seo@gmail.com, Jan 25, 2013.

Hi Everyone,

Does link disavow work on the Google webmaster tools? I have submitted 3 times reconsideration request for the website via Google webmaster tool with link files. But still we are getting response by Google end that, your website violates our quality guidelines due to unnatural linking. So please let me know your thought or suggestion for the same, how we can remove it via Google webmaster tool to recover the website from Google penalty.

I look forward your favorable opinion.
    Regards,

amod.seo@gmail.com, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  2. mujahidshaikh

mujahidshaikh Member

Best Answers:
    It takes multiple weeks to get rid from the low quality sites because Google need to recrawl and reindex the URLs you disavowed before your disavowals go into effect..

mujahidshaikh, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  3. James Alferd

James Alferd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Google disavow is just connected with Google webmaster tool and your disavow requests forwarded via him, after submitting your website you have to be patience, Google take almost 2 to 3 week to remove your previous low quality backlinks.

James Alferd, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  4. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    ryan_uk, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  5. blackspade

blackspade Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all. I need some advice regarding one issue.

I got a client website-2 who have placed a text linked on website-1 in navigation menu. I noticed a huge backlinks of 46K from a single domain/keyword all point toward one of his own site. Clients other website-1 is build with E-directory script. What should i do? Kindly suggest me some solutions to overcome. Thanks in advance.

Add nofollow attribute in navigation bar.
    Delete or remove link from navigation menu (I guess it will bring many 404s)
    Or add domain: domain.com in Google Disavow Tools.

blackspade, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You could add a nofollow, but why would removing the link cause a 404? Removing a page would. Removing the link would just cause the link to not exist. Personally, I'd go for removing the link (although the situation isn't too clear) as it sounds like a low value one anyway.

ryan_uk, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  7. thefizboshow

thefizboshow Active Member

Best Answers:

In my experience I have found that disavowing then waiting a week or two does help but is not necessary. What is important is the type of links your are removing and being able to show that you are putting effort into it.

Again in my experience if you disavow everything, you have taken an easy route. If you can show, with each reconsideration request, more links removed you have a better chance. Also take your time and make sure you are really removing ALL questionable links, you would be surprised what Google will at times consider to be "bad".

I hope that helps

thefizboshow, Jan 29, 2013 IP
    wisam74us, marthyvp and ryan_uk like this.
  8. ChrisRey

ChrisRey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Did you upload a disavow list for both www and non-www versions of your site or just one?

ChrisRey, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  9. thefizboshow

thefizboshow Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have redirected the non www. to the www. which would forward all links to the www. version. That being said I only sent a disavow for the www. version of the sites.

thefizboshow, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  10. funkymonkey65

funkymonkey65 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Google's disavow tool does work, however it does take anywhere from a few days to a number of weeks, even months, before the link stops appearing in Webmaster Tools.

You have to be careful what links you disavow those because some links you might think aren't being beneficial might actually be helping your site, therefore it's important that you only disavow links that you know are hindering your online performance in Google's eyes. Mainly keep an eye out for any sites that link to you on all pages throughout their domain, this sometimes means that you're receiving hundreds or even thousands of links from one domain which will most likely lead to negative SEO performance due to the links not looking 'natural'.

funkymonkey65, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  11. Royalbluestuey

Royalbluestuey Member

Best Answers:
    Spot on : It is always better to get the links removed at source rather than expecting Google's systems to fix the problem. They have too many sites to deal with to be able to do an accurate job fast enough.

Royalbluestuey, Jan 31, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.