1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Vs. Bing | From A Webmaster

Discussion in 'Google' started by throughnathan, Jan 21, 2013.

The almighty internet battle, Google Vs. Bing. I personally belive Google is better if you want to maxamize views on a budget. Google is easier and cheaper than bing opt. Many site just don't offer bing sub. for a reason (No it's not because they don't like Bill Gates) it's because more people use Google.
    Let's take ex. 1
    When you get a new laptop, What site do you go to first to make sure your wifi is working? Why ask.....it's Google, Those 6 letters echo through your head at night as a webmaster. You want more views for less $$$$ so you use Adwords and some foreign guy that knows Penguin & Panda (New Release in Dec.) for some very low cost...and what you go from PR0 to PR5 then get a 10,000% increase in traffic.
    USE GOOGLE!!!!

throughnathan, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  2. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's best to just focus on basic SEO in hopes that you rank well with all the major search engines. I wouldn't write any search engine off as a potential source of traffic.

danasurvey, Jan 21, 2013 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  3. noodlemanc

noodlemanc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you rank Google you will generally rank better in Bing, as there is less competition.

noodlemanc, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  4. throughnathan

throughnathan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both I agree to but one thing I didnt touch were adwords you can get those $50 adwords coupons more widly than Bing ads.

throughnathan, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  5. dailybreadgivers

dailybreadgivers Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't get how those TV commercials say that bing is better, but it is really not. I have tested both and would recommend google all the way

dailybreadgivers, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  6. rakesh.swaransoft

rakesh.swaransoft Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes just do basic seo and follow search engine guideline, don't overdo seo off page or seo on page optimization then u can get top ranking on any search engine.

rakesh.swaransoft, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  7. 44_Gears

44_Gears Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is definitely more popular and therefore better for webmasters. Google has more potential.

44_Gears, Jan 25, 2013 IP
    dotcompals likes this.
  8. seotech04

seotech04 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is a bigger search engine company then Bing and Yahoo. But Google have so many negative points too.

1. Google is a advertising company: Google focuses more to enhance more clicks on "sponsored ads" rather then true and authentic search results. I don't know why 1st 4 results for "sponsored ads"? If anyone click on this that link goes to promotional sale or purchase offers only. No quality what so ever.

2. Google loves to dance: Google is now not steady. You will see many ups and down in search results. Thousands of measurements sometimes comes out with low quality site on upper positions and good quality on down.

3. Google penalty: Google loves to penalize sites but never give any warning. Just straight penalization and very hard to stop that penalty.

Personally i liked Google 1 year before so much but these dates as Google have unnecessary over-updates causing SEO sites penalty and some websites get Top ranks in only few weeks.

See this too if you want to know how Google changed and even it's employee not like that: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2115393/Google-ad-company-Departing-exec-James-Whittakers-Goldman-Sachs-style-rant.html

Hope Google gooogleness will be come back soon.

seotech04, Jan 26, 2013 IP
    comanche82 likes this.
  9. quiz

quiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    My main focus is to get high in Google, everything i get beside that (high ranks in other search engines) is bonus.

quiz, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  10. sufyyy

sufyyy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Although Bing gives me plenty of traffic my main concern is still the Google ranking.

sufyyy, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  11. jollygood

jollygood Member

Best Answers:
    I can't see people using anything other than Google for a while. It will be interesting to see how Facebook's attempt to muscle in on the search market will go. I thought Facebook would have tried doing this a while ago.

jollygood, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  12. Shapeshifter777

Shapeshifter777 Member

Best Answers:
    My ranks in Bing and Yahoo are much better than in Google. But still, Google provides more than 90% of overall traffic. There were some articles, that told us Bing and Yahoo have 30% of search traffic. I would say that they have about 5%. I think there is no point in Bing promotion.

Shapeshifter777, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  13. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont care about my page rank, it does nothing for me. I do like being ranked high for certain keywords though. I get twice as much traffic from google as I do from Bing.

superrichguy, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  14. adam andrews

adam andrews Member

Best Answers:
    Totally agree with that point. I've had some sites perform well in Bing and not so much in Google, most of the time if you do well in one then it'll replicate in the other.

Their results these days are incredibly similar anyway. Google's just a bit more ubiquitous

adam andrews, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  15. itmaster99

itmaster99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think that anyone can go from PR0 to PR5 after using google Adwords for ones site.

itmaster99, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  16. love2all

love2all Member

Best Answers:
    It’s true. if we should check results for a specific keyword in Google search , it doesn’t show same result until few days. If show our site at first page on Google search with specific keyword then not sure to be display on the next day.
    But at all aspects, we would like and depend on Google due to the entrepreneurs’ great trust on Google.

love2all, Feb 3, 2013 IP
  17. romil_saxena

romil_saxena Active Member

Best Answers:
    By all means google is better than bing. My personal experience suggests that.

romil_saxena, Feb 4, 2013 IP
  18. Matei Gavriluta

Matei Gavriluta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It' s either you want to go with big G, either with Bin. Everybody knows the potential of Google, so its a matter of time, until it will be named the real rank.

Matei Gavriluta, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  19. mosaicartcourses

mosaicartcourses Member

Best Answers:
    Its really very
    good points which you given. Thanks for sharing.

mosaicartcourses, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  20. Rodney Granieri

Rodney Granieri Peon

Best Answers:
    Bing has a market share of around 15%. Google pretty much has the rest with a little bit for yahoo & others. 'Nuff said, imho.

Rodney Granieri, Feb 5, 2013 IP