1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Google Images And Traffic

Discussion in 'Google' started by ecr, Jan 28, 2013.

1. ecr

ecr Banned

Best Answers:
    i clicked view orginal then it showed blank page no image no redirection

ecr, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  2. Francesco Cecca

Francesco Cecca Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to reply to all are searching tricks... It is all unuseful.
    The only real concrete way to get back the situation, is to ask Google to remove this change and understand this is a big damage for webmasters. If someone knows who to communicate to ask the action, please post here and we all will apply the request to go back the old layout.
    My workers are worried, I got 50% of income and visitors, and this that is painful the fact how many years and passion to give a service of quality, and a day Google wakes up and destroys all... Google show us you are the first company in the World and return all as it was... I cannot believe Google wants to destroy years of work of many companies invested...I consider this really stupid, to not use worst words...
    Thanks

Francesco Cecca, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  3. ecr

ecr Banned

Best Answers:
    If webmaster doesnt money so google how will you have quality and fresh content this update very bad

ecr, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  4. jose

jose Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A drop of your own ranking would improve ranking of your competitors. Among countless comments about the new layoutof google images in the world, none reported a general increase of traffic from google images.

Me too. But this may be a temporary and technical effect of the worldwide traffic drop from google images.

jose, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  5. Axelaris

Axelaris Peon

Best Answers:
    I have this problem too !!! Visits of my website is decreasing of 70 % ? there's any solution ?

Axelaris, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  6. Farenxdesign

Farenxdesign Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I try it but no response it.

Farenxdesign, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  7. CanadianEh

CanadianEh Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks bhavatmaj for posting your solution. I saw it working on your site but for some reason I cannot get it to do anything on my site.

P.S. My traffic is down 40-50%.

CanadianEh, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  8. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

It is not due to my ranking.
    I do not know if the traffic converts.

However, looking back, way back, my Image referrals started to tank after the image-hover implementation... by 90%.

I only have 10% of that traffic left... and now I've lost another 30% of it.

I am keeping bots out of my images folders via robots.txt and .htaccess.

For such negligible traffic, it's not worth dealing with image search hijack exploits with Trojans, people stealing my images for Pinterest, and Bing allowing every pirate to leech off its image results.

Cost/benefit => I'm out of image search.

helleborine, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  9. digitalvillage

digitalvillage Member

Best Answers:
    please give us wordpress solution for image redirection.

digitalvillage, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  10. buythiscomputer

buythiscomputer Member

Best Answers:
    When will webmasters start to fight against the worst search engine on the planet ?

They forgot not to be evil...

buythiscomputer, Jan 30, 2013 IP
    wwe_fan9417 likes this.
  11. zinko

zinko Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    zinko, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  12. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    This makes me think of all the reaction after an update (Panda, Penguin, EMD or whatever). Mostly the voices you hear are just people complaining. It's rare that people post about success.

In fact, I just reviewed my impressions and click through. The issue seems to be more of a ranking change (for me personally, as impressions are down) in Google images, but the actual click-through rate is up. Still, no decline in revenue, so I don't see the need to work on increasing my rank as it can't be converting traffic.

ryan_uk, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  13. godric

godric Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its very interesting the fansshare.com solution: http://goo.gl/owaa4 , they managed to hover the image with "Click for full resolution" message. Anyone knows how to do that?

godric, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  14. Master Directory

Master Directory Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    how the image search working now?

Master Directory, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  15. jose

jose Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @ryan_uk

Sorry, I can't understand why you may seriously think of a possible ranking change in this case. Movements are clearly the results of the new google image search design and nothing else.

1. When you looked first at new google image design (even before looking at your figures), you honestly should expect that the users have no need/ less need to visit the author's page: at google, users get now pictures (instead of small thumbnail), in fact a real picture gallery. When users still click the picture, they no longer go directly to author's website.

Figures are just confirming these reasonable expectations.

2. Last but not least, simply check some of your favorite image search results: your pictures keep a generally unchanged ranking so that your page impression decline may only result either from a general and dramatic drop of google images search (!) or simply from the new image search design.

Revenue depends on a lot of things. Unchanged revenues may be simply a temporary technical phenomenon. In the long run, traffic drop = revenue drop.

jose, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  16. ecr

ecr Banned

Best Answers:
    me too wonder it

ecr, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  17. silfiriel

silfiriel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I enabled hotlink protection, but the problem is now it redirects to the home page only, but traffic is back to normal from a 50% drop.

silfiriel, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  18. popac

popac Active Member

Best Answers:
    Heh... you and all of us need to implement good solution, image must be properly linked. You have solution that visitor will be unsatisfied.
    Godric founded good example and we need this solution.

popac, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  19. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's not beyond the realms of possibility that Google did a UI update and ranking update for images (they've done ranking updates for it in the past).

Before there was a link directly to the image, so if you were just after the image then you can just click on that. Now it's not too different to Bing, but at least Google takes you through to the website when you click the image (whereas Bing links to the image).

Not really - it depends whether that traffic converted in the first place. Let's face facts - people are doing an image search for a reason, because they want an image. They didn't do a web search to get to a web page, but an image search to get to an image. They get the image (whether clicking through to the site or downloading it directly) and go no further. Non-coverting traffic will always be just exactly that.

Before the webpage was loaded up, but with an overlay of the image and a direct link to the image. This still created an impression for that page in terms of analytics/traffic tracking scripts. This can't be considered real traffic, until the overlay was cleared and the person starts looking at your web page (rather than clicking on the image direct to the link). Now this (non-converting) impression is eliminated and a more real record of traffic from image search is being recorded.

ryan_uk, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  20. silfiriel

silfiriel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's the new design, after enabling hotlink protection the traffic goes back to normal.
    Also hits and bandwidth remains pretty much the same.

silfiriel, Jan 31, 2013 IP