1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Likes... Really Digitalpoint...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by slutz, Jan 30, 2013.

Ok, not that I'm complaining but honestly guys I've been on here well over a year, and have watched the site as a guest for 3+ years.

I've contributed tons of information in the past, free scripts for websites, free templates and heaps of other information, helped new members, given back to the community with well structured, English legible posts, a good iTrader and now we are expected to have "Likes" in order to do what we were always doing?

What are we, the Facebook of internet marketing?

At least older members could have some type of exception, and new members be on the new policy.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    slutz, Jan 30, 2013 IP
    sweatlana likes this.
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    "Ok,not that I'm complaining". Really? You could have fooled me. I'd hate to see it if you were *really* complaining!:)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  3. slutz

slutz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Feedback is what helps a site grow and maintain, if you start playing around with the older members here then the site starts to lose it's traffic. Digitalpoint is no where as big as it was originally, and definitely without that great content that it once contained.

It's a feedback notification, I'm doing this as what I myself, and I'm sure other people are thinking and feeling about. Just constructive information, never hurts.

slutz, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    There you go, complaining again. Perhaps the site would be better off without(no further elaboration is needed)......would be helpful if members were a bit more positive about the new changes, and went with an optomistic outlook as opposed to a gloom and doom scenario.
    How about instead of complaining we celebrate the new DP and attempt to help out?

5. slutz

slutz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Clearly you have no understanding of what Feedback means, or ways to improve the site.

It's a suggestion, not something to be taken to heart. Clearly if I din't like the new format or the layout I would not be here, it suits the site and it was a well needed upgrade to become a bit more modern.

Cheers for your input, feel free to create your own topic suggesting your own thoughts about the "positive" outlook.

slutz, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  6. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yet another thread about something that dozens of people are talking about and yet someone who is not complaning. Wondering if 6000 people are going to open that thread: Like but..., Like what? I don't Like! Likealot etc etc... ok, we got it, what about adding your point of view in another thread about likes? Have you noticed that people who open those kind of threads are getting likes easier because dozens agree with them? And then people will complain because they receive warnings for abusing the like button... comon

IG2010, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  7. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Strange how the only people complaining about the likes system are the people nobody likes.....

malky66, Jan 30, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  8. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like that :D

IG2010, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  9. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    What's that grinding noise I hear? Wait....it's the sound of someone backpeddling.:)

10. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It increases community involvement. That can't be such a bad thing in the end.

Traditione, Jan 30, 2013 IP
    wproute likes this.
  11. niroshana35

niroshana35 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rules are rules so we have to follow them and it's time us to adopt with the new changes because that's where the forum want's to go in the future.

niroshana35, Jan 30, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  12. jimmyn115

jimmyn115 Member

Best Answers:
    Well yeah, because if they did have likes there'd be nothing to complain about...

Some people don't seem to like others suggesting things and giving feedback in what is a "suggestions & feedback" forum on here.

Although a lot of the wisecracks are probably just added to try an get likes!

jimmyn115, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  13. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Your previous history was taken into account with the new likes system. How else do you think some members already have so many likes.

dcristo, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  14. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    It's generally referred to as *debate*. If you're going to create a thread then expect *feedback*. As to "wisecracks" that has more to do with debating style than trying to get likes.

15. Jenni Clark

Jenni Clark Banned

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just stop complaining and start contributing more useful information in the hope of getting some users who like your content?

The likes system isn't going to change - It's annoying, yes, but it's working for the purpose in which it was coded, so there's no reason for it to be edited. It's fine how it is. Just work a little harder on your posts and you will get likes.

Jenni Clark, Jan 30, 2013 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  16. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well that just about says it all really doesn't it...

Im all for feedback but when the feedback forum gets clogged up with the same old ridiculous boring threads moaning about the same old thing it gets a bit monotonous

I really couldn't give a hairy toss if no-one likes what i say, its my opinion and your all entitled to it :)

malky66, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  17. jimmyn115

jimmyn115 Member

Best Answers:
    People seem to be getting told to like it or lump it on most cases though (not by digitalpoint who's been very helpful, but by other members who seem to take offence at the feedback on behalf of digital point).

If that's the case then there's no point in offering feedback or suggestions.

18. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    Jimmy, for the love of God....quit complaining!:)

19. jimmyn115

jimmyn115 Member

Best Answers:
    So when you do it it's debate, and when i do it, it's complaining! I get it! Thanks :)
    These green smileys are a bit rubbish as well...

20. jimmyn115

jimmyn115 Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe don't read it then?