1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

25,000 Uniques/month __ advertisement cost

Discussion in 'Pay Per Click Advertising' started by domainmoon.com, Nov 30, 2006.

i have a doubt in general about banner ad charges on any sites.

If suppose a site generates 25,000 Uniques/month and if anyone want to keep a banner on Top Right side of the header (a very common banner space), what amount we can charge or expect from the user.

please share your views

domainmoon.com, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  2. m0rtal

m0rtal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I wouldn't pay much myself, ctr is usually very low for these banners. If you take 25,000 x 0.05% CTR = 1250 clicks x 0.1 = $125. Please note that's what I'd personally be willing to pay for a spot like that, it would also depend on the niche, etc. If the clicks convert then that's a different story.

That's a pretty normal CTR for those banners from what I have seen, even if you went at 1% CTR that would equal =$250 at 10 cents a click, I wouldn't pay much more but that's just me.

Whatever people are willing to pay is what you'll utlimately get, check out kingofthebill.com and see how much people are paying :)
    There is a little twist to this though as you also get a permanent link.

Also I would experiment with running either Adsense or another CPM program and seeing what amount this generates in a month, from there you can see if people are willing to pay more, if not then stick to your ad network :)

m0rtal, Nov 30, 2006 IP
    checksum likes this.
  3. unitedrokz

unitedrokz Peon

Best Answers:
    good advice...ive been looking for the same info

unitedrokz, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  4. utopia78

utopia78 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good Advice from m0rtal especially about putting adsense first and checking your clicks and income and then checking what others are willing to pay.

utopia78, Feb 2, 2007 IP