1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Help Me Review My Amazon Affiliate Website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Poon Poi Ming, Jan 27, 2013.

Hi, please help me review my new website that was started a month ago. It is basically an Amazon Affiliate website, focusing more on books than other things because books is what I am more knowledgeable about.

http://zestsellers.com/Bestsellers

Poon Poi Ming, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  2. Poon Poi Ming

Poon Poi Ming Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh dear, 9 views and 0 replies in 2 days, LOL. Looks like an Amazon Affiliate website doesn't draw much interest these days...

Poon Poi Ming, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  3. WritGigs

WritGigs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi.
    I also promote amazon products and I do reviews on these type of sites too - here is my review of your site.

1. I'm a little confused. Is this a subdomain for promoting books and zestsellers.com is the main root domain site? What content if any is on the root domain? I tried to go to the root domain and couldn't - the page remained on zestsellers.com/bestsellers.

2. In looking on the content and links - again, as a potential books/novel buyer, I would be confused. You say you promote books and novels, and you talk about it in "Zestsellers Bringing best sellers to your fingers....." and yet, you do NOT mention books or novels until the very last paragraph. Add the keywords books and novels to this content on the very beginning. Also, it would be great to add them - books/novels on the header of your site too, to name your site for what it is - a site about best selling books and novels.

3. Confusion #2: Amazon.com Top 100 Bestsellers AD
    For a site that promotes best selling books and novel - why are the Amazon ads promoting pants, camera, kindle etc... - products that are NOT books or novels?

4. Your amazon ads on the specific books seem to be about the books so that is good. As for the adsense ads - not good - as your adsense ads are about everything and not books or related products to books/novels. Also, I saw a big banner on MyUs.com on the side too... All the unrelated ads do not make your "book or novels" customers want to click on them, but rather make them leave your site - since they are looking for info about bestselling books/novels.

5. Links beneath header - "special, page, talk, people" > why have these when they are empty pages with no content and no obvious purpose?

All in all... your site has potential. The site is ok at first glance - great header and design colors. You just need to make it books/novel focused in its content, ads and over all purpose.

Good luck and I hope I have been of some help in my review.

WritGigs, Jan 29, 2013 IP
    Poon Poi Ming likes this.
  4. nexin

nexin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    layout of the webpage outstanding, templates also good

nexin, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  5. Poon Poi Ming

Best Answers:
    Thank you, WritGigs, for your very thorough analysis... I started off as a Wikipedia contributor and you can see traces of Wikipedia tendencies in my writing.... a kind of rather dry, here are the facts, rather than the hype of marketing languages. Even the software is MediaWiki, the software that runs Wikipedia. Honestly, I make my money through AdSense, rather than from Amazon.com. That's why you see Adsense in the pages.

As regards your other comments, honestly, I wonder whether I should be sticking to just books and DVDs... I love books more than DVDs, though, but I understand that most people would prefer to watch a DVD than to read books, so I included them... as regards to the banner, text and navigation bar, you raised a very good point. I will redo them later this evening as per your suggestions.

I would also like to thank Nexin for his comments... at least I know that some people like the layout. Apparently, many people in LinkReferral like the simple format too.

(P/S: WritGigs, seems like you limit who can view your profile. I was thinking of having a look at your website.)

6. Poon Poi Ming

Best Answers:
    QUOTE WRITGIGS: "I'm a little confused. Is this a subdomain for promoting books and zestsellers.com is the main root domain site? What content if any is on the root domain? I tried to go to the root domain and couldn't - the page remained on zestsellers.com/bestsellers."

You got me confused for a moment. "zestsellers.com" is the main domain, while bestsellers is the "page title". The default is zestsellers.com/Main_Page, just as Wikipedia's home page is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

7. WritGigs

WritGigs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi.
    I will be updating my profile sometimes today - since I was testing some features of this forum site - hence limited profile view.

I think your book reviews are good and as I like to read and I do love books ... I think they are a good info to have for book buyers - they are informative and relevant to the books in question. Just make them a bit more personable. You can add a personable/creative note comment as an intro with the usual meaty info as the main body and end it with a short call to action... "you can read more info here... a link to the actual book. Use "I" to make your content more personable and mention who would benefit from the particular book or what great story plot or tip can be found therein.

Also.. you can perhaps add different book categories to make it easier for access and navigation.

As to my site you mentioned...my niche focus site now is about plr or private label rights . You can see it at plrmasteryblog.com - it is in its update mode now so not much new content.

Thanks ...I finally get to converse with a real person (you) here in this forum. As a new member and with the new upgrade... I'm still settling down and getting to know the place and people.

Good luck and keep in touch.

+Faith - WritGigs

WritGigs, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  8. Poon Poi Ming

Best Answers:
    Wow, plrmasteryblog.com does really look professional. I just bookmarked it. Will get back to you in the days to come... I do have categories on the dropdown menu. Maybe I can have another one by the side. Your use of the word "I"... that's my weakness. Too much Wikipedia, being contributing there for some 3 years...

9. sgrtech

sgrtech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Site Appearance is so good and also content.

sgrtech, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  10. Poon Poi Ming

Best Answers:
    Thanks, sgrtech... I was told that content sites should be kept as simple as possible. But when I keep it simple, there's something that keeps bothering me, "Hey, too simple!" So with comments such as yours, it gives me a certain level of confidence. Thanks again for reviewing my site. This is the first time I am doing an affiliate site, so guidance from WritGigs who is a veteran is most comforting.

11. Poon Poi Ming

Best Answers:
    Hi WritGigs, it's a week since you last posted your comments. Seems like a long time ago, LOL. I have thought over what you have said, and I totally agree with you about the part on focusing merely on books and movies. Honestly, when I first started the website, I thought of making it multi-purpose, covering all bestsellers, whatever they may be. But a site that caters to everyone is as good as catering to none. So I have redone my homepage, took away the pants and other stuffs...

Also, I have added the words, "books and movies" so that there is no more ambiguity as to what the site is about.

Now, when adding Amazon links, the problem is geotargeting. If I put a link for America, UK visitors will not buy from that link because it would incur higher handling costs. I believe you may also have receive the below link. That means I have to redo all the links again.

I have got only one sales from Amazon since 2009 (not through this website), and honestly, I don't seem too confident as an Amazon affiliate. But I have received some money from Adsense and that's why those ads are there.

http://www.associateprograms.com/ar...service-solves-amazon-associates-problem.html

Thank you once again, WritGigs, for taking the time to give me such a thorough review.

Poon Poi Ming, Feb 5, 2013 IP