1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hostgator Affiliate Program SCAM

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by getjimmy, Dec 18, 2012.

1. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Got an email from their senior affiliate manage and he assured me that i will be paid on 3rd Jan.

I will update you guys.

getjimmy, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  2. ruworth

ruworth Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Its unlikely that Hostgator is gonna scam its affiliates, they are just probably really busy.

ruworth, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  3. getjimmy

Best Answers:
    So busy from last 3 months that they have no time to send payments but have time to respond to payment related issues?

getjimmy, Dec 29, 2012 IP
  4. ironcladservers

ironcladservers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What was the issue, after all? If you don't mind posting it here that is :)

ironcladservers, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  5. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    This is weird. I know Brent was trying to sell out a year ago. Did he do so? Is that, perhaps, where the issue lies? (i.e. new management...)

The Stealthy One, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  6. Bayliss

Bayliss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'd be a little cautious about calling their program a "Scam" on any forum, not had any issue's with them myself, but appreciate the heads up anyway.

Bayliss, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  7. OvaisAlam

OvaisAlam Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hope you'll get paid this time and maybe they're deriving new rules for affiliate payment that large that's why your payment is delaying.

OvaisAlam, Dec 31, 2012 IP
  8. threent

threent Member

Best Answers:
    I earned above $100 from Gator affiliate program.
    :)

threent, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  9. qadar

qadar Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe the payment is to much and they become suspicious??

qadar, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  10. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    Man you guys are crushing it with HG. I've never been able to make more than a few commissions from getting friends to sign up when they get blogs... Plus now they only pay after getting $100 in your account....

I just focus on other more profitable methods of making money that pay residually. I hate putting all my hard work into getting 1 commission now...

...But if this happened to me; and I were making them a lot of money, I would demand a meeting with corporate. A bunch of you guys who are making money with HG, get corporate on the phone and see what's going on.

I noticed a long time ago when us (the little guys) ban together, they pay attention. I once went on a rant via twitter about my cable service and some rep hit me up and fixed my problem.. Make sure if you do this on Twitter, tag them in the post..

Best wishes

DennisKnows, Jan 2, 2013 IP
  11. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    suspicious? lol
    If the accounts are valid accounts, they must pay the commission regardless the amount of money that the affiliate earned.

Today is 3rd January. What about the current situation?
    Bytheway, what are the site you promoted hostgator to earn such amount of commissions? :)

dumindushalika, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  12. workfromhomelegit

workfromhomelegit Active Member

Best Answers:
    I promised to get back to you about Hostgator affiliate payments. I just got paid my commissions today in full and right on time. Anyone saying that Hostgator is scamming affiliates is lying big time.

workfromhomelegit, Jan 4, 2013 IP
  13. Bayliss

Bayliss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    They're a large reputable company now . . . . I doubt they'd be crazy enough to bite the hands that feed them!
    Well done for following up with the issue though, it's put a lot of minds at rest I suspect.
    (Including mine)

Bayliss, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  14. getjimmy

Best Answers:
    Update:: Out of $14k, they paid me $9k on 4th Jan and said balance $5k will be paid after 2 weeks, they also asked me to promote their affiliate program again and even promised me higher payout for all new leads.

Oh yes, they also asked me to delete this thread.

I clearly replied them that i may promote them again and get this thread deleted after getting the remaining $5k .

getjimmy, Jan 6, 2013 IP
  15. chuckgs

chuckgs Member

Best Answers:
    Good reply Jimmy - Like someone said above it might be better to sign up their affiliate program in CJ . They cant mess with CJ at least

chuckgs, Jan 7, 2013 IP
  16. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. Congratulations mate. It is good to hear that you have got at least a portion of your total commission. However as a normal member of this forum, you have no permission to delete a thread.

dumindushalika, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  17. DyGy

DyGy Active Member

Best Answers:
    You got 9k because PayPal doesn't allow transactions more than 10k, well they could send multiple transactions at the same time or w/e.
    Anyway good move from you, don't delete this thread yet (Well, I guess you don't have this kind of power) till you get all your money.

DyGy, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  18. Digital_lover

Digital_lover Member

Best Answers:

It's the end of the January, was the 5k already paid to you?

Digital_lover, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  19. affvers

affvers Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi i would like to give you an advice and seek your help as well. I have been promoting hostgator for around a year and everything was fine I only used my affiliate link to directly send my clients to HG for hosting accounts before I built their websites, so I knew every time I should have received a commission and that was good for me until i didint get my November 5th, payment for 600USD i contacted the support ''Hello,

Thank you for contacting us with your concerns. Here's a copy of the PayPal payment information regarding the payment we made to you on the 5th:

0GY41607PH634441L PAYOUT-371426 $600.00 USD Completed Payment for 6 commissions to pirksusigrazink
    '' yes the strange thing that they this is not my email and i did not get payment well i thought mistakes happen they will fix it and affiliate manager told me we will look into that it will take few days and you should get your payment. Well its been a month now and i sent like 10-20 messages regarding issue with no reasonable answer just we are looking into that. It came time for my next payment i have checked my paypal email in their system changed my password everything and SURPRISE this month payment is written that is paid but i also didin't get it this time 300USD( and 100usd that had to be added for a sale that i was not creditet for and they said they marked in their end and i will get commissions so in total 400USD) and i obviosly write them with urgent message that something is wrong and i did not get this payment also and i get this answer now from the same affiliate manager as i got this first message '' Hello,

We have been able to review your account and it actually seems that we sent you multiple messages at the end of October of this year stating that your account was suspended because of you spamming your affiliate code. It seems you never responded to those messages. That payment would never have gone to you in the first place and neither would the latest one form December. The payment will not be re-sent.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us back.

Warm regards,

Audra M.
    Affiliate Administrator
    HostGator.com LLC
    HostGator.com Support Portal''

SO DOES THIS NOT LOOK AS A SCAM ? They have told me they made payment just to different email now they are saying no we haven't made and suspended my account which i did not get any messages about and suspended from spaming LOL. I'm selling website and just give links to people for ordering hosting so like i get 30 visitors and then of them orders how this is spaming and most orders is at least for a year... Can someone give me advice where i can take this i want to get the money i earned and for everyone that is promoting HOSTGATOR be carefull!

Oh and by they way i still can promote hostgator and i have active commissions but they just don't want to pay that be carefull!

Regards,
    V

Attached Files:

affvers, Dec 8, 2014 IP
  20. DAWalker

DAWalker Peon

Best Answers:
    they usually suspend alot of sales

DAWalker, Dec 8, 2014 IP