1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Penalty For Out Bound Links

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by bhavatmaj, Jan 29, 2013.

can any one let me know how many out bound links are allowed by google to be at safe side.
    I had around 35 out bound link with no problem for around 2 years.
    and now I had added 5 more related link (total 40 links)
    and my site is nowhere on search results.

I have removed around 10 links now to rectify the penalty.
    can any 1 tell me how much time does it takes for a website to be back on results??
    thanks

bhavatmaj, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  2. onlypmme

onlypmme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your site is two years old and you are adding related links to your site there should not be any problem with Google penalty but whatever links you are making should be authoritative or relevant resources and don't target the site with same anchor texts, vary the link title and avoid sidewide/blogroll links.

how much time does it takes for a website to be back on results??

The quick answer is, It depends on the penalty, it depends on what you removed to get out of the penalty, it depends on what you changed on your site.

onlypmme, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  3. chaithu

chaithu Member

Best Answers:
    That's great info from ONLYPMME... Can you tell me how many days it will took to recover form EMD?

chaithu, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  4. onlypmme

onlypmme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    EMD Recover time is not predictable but you have to make huge efforts for updating site (Content) for recovery. You can make Google search for this "recover from EMD" and can get many valuable articles and suggestions for this.

onlypmme, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  5. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You also need to make sure that outbound link is not the only factor. You also need to analyze types of links you gained in the past 2 years. Remove links from spammy/low quality websites.

MilesWeb, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  6. User333

User333 Banned

Best Answers:
    There is no restriction by Google on amount of OBL, if your site is crap it will be penalized anyway.

User333, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  7. bhavatmaj

bhavatmaj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think my problem is I have added all 40 link as sitewide links. and now I have removed around 15 links from site wide
    and mare all of the rest as no-follow, should this be enough
    because I am quite sure penalty was due to some 5 poor quality links I had added recently.

bhavatmaj, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  8. adsense4beginners

adsense4beginners Member

Best Answers:
    What is your definition of poor quality links? You should only be linking out in a natural manner anyway i.e. citing sources

adsense4beginners, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  9. GMBRDILOS

GMBRDILOS Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May be you have linked to a site that had a penalty or disallowed content for google.

GMBRDILOS, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  10. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can add up to a 100 outbound links, but not all of these would be indexed. You really shouldn't be adding so much outbound links anyway. Most of the time, I would have about three to five on the article itself: 1 internal link (related article on my site), 1 affiliate link, 1-2 reference site/outbound link. The links on your page's sidebar add to the outbound link count so if you have a blogroll there, and a couple of adverts, you add those links to the links you have on the article.

I doubt any one would be able to give you a definite timeframe on when you can get back from a Google algo hit or from being penalized. I suggest you focus on determining what could have caused the issue and try rectify it.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Jan 30, 2013 IP