1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Why Fix Dp When Nit Was Never Broken?????????????

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mytechiestuff, Jan 21, 2013.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There has never been remotely close to 2,000 logged in users on at any time.

What unique functionality did DP have before that is gone now?

digitalpoint, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  2. ironcladservers

ironcladservers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems to me things are normal, I'm assuming this was nearly the same before the switch as well.

ironcladservers, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  3. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yep... and it's also Sunday night at midnight right now (the lowest traffic period of the week).

digitalpoint, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  4. lechchut

lechchut Active Member

Best Answers:
    They force and move all BTS to marketplace which one they can take their share (20% if I'm not wrong) on sales. That is good for me if they can do the marketing good, I mean clear and nice design, some where for support member, give good traffic on that place etc... But i dont like the marketplace design, no goods cover image. And see, just a small link on the top of forum, nobody know it.

lechchut, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  5. Black Fire

Black Fire Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He's telling you to close your browser lmao.

Black Fire, Jan 28, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  6. mytechiestuff

mytechiestuff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Finally!!!
    Some one else sees it tooooooo !

I was really about to come to the conclusion that I was the only member of the old DP who thought that a lot was lost in the transition to the new setup.

I must admit that now that I examine the new forum, some good ideas have been added to it.
    But surely these good ideas could have also been added to the original DP without causing such a trauma to the members used to the original DP.

mytechiestuff, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  7. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Different log in times will give you different traffic results. I don't think you could fairly compare say a Sunday evening to a peak traffic time and expect the same numbers.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  8. concerto49

concerto49 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Have to agree with the issues. In the past, all the sub-forums or whatever you call it are also visible on the home page. It is now hidden. It requires a lot more clicks to get to where you want.

It looks squashed and overall doesn't feel as nice.

concerto49, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  9. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    That is true!
    I have 9 of my clients who are also DP members of long standing and without exception, all of them have expressed similar sentiments.

mytechiestuff, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  10. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I am sure. After reading this thread I can't imagine anyone admitting to being your client. What a total ass you've shown yourself to be. That fact that people pay you to advise them or help them is pretty sad.

browntwn, Jan 30, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  11. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    While I don't doubt far more than 9 people are unhappy with the changes, I kind of doubt 9 users randomly told you that out of the blue. Who are they exactly?

digitalpoint, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  12. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    Please do relax browntwn.
    I have to say what is important for me and my clients resulting from the changes in the new and improved DP.
    Rather than getting upset like this, as a "prominent member" do you not think that you should respond logically to the points made in the posts.

I say this because of the Quote that you have in your post"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties."

Hmmm "Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely...."
    Really Browntwn, was that all pretense?
    Did you just add that to your post because it looks good? :)

13. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

Trauma? :D:rolleyes: Mate, it was just a script! Easy to PM someone and ask them to relist it, if they hadn't already. That's not much of a trauma to warrant throwing your toys out of the pram (explanation). Sure, some people don't cope well with change. Maybe take some time to calm down a bit and then think over the situation again? It's not like you got ran over by a car or logged into your bank account and found all your money gone. Without hysterics, your feedback might have been taken a bit more seriously by other members.

ryan_uk, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  14. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for noticing the quote which has been my signature here for years. It is a gem, from the speech/book Areopagitica written by John Milton. I do cherish my right to speak freely pretty much everywhere and do express my mind here. I don't mind that you do the same, in fact, I welcome it. What I despise is the nasty attitude you have displayed, in this thread and others while expressing your views, and so I have no qualms calling you out for it.

As for responding to your points, I leave that to DP since I have no say in the decision. I can tell you though that I disagree with most everything you have complained about and find no real problems. I know that I previously tried to help you find what you were looking for in your other complaint thread.
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/why-remove-the-location-of-member.2630628/ You were a bit obnoxious in that one too. You went on and on about how the user's location was gone, well it isn't. Then you complained it was a whole click away. Seriously, you can't be troubled to click? All this bitching serves what purpose exactly? Have you found that obnoxiousness has worked well for you in the past? I can only assume you lost any prospective clients who observed your behavior in these threads.

browntwn, Jan 30, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  15. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think this is about the 4th time I've "permanently caused the utter destruction of Digital Point"... :)

First time: Forcing new members to wait 14 days and make 25 posts before being allowed to post in Buy/Sell/Trade

Second time: Changing platforms from vBulletin 3 to vBulletin 4

Third time: Changing site to nofollow links only and only showing signatures to logged in users (search engine spiders don't log in)

Latest destruction: Changing platform from vBulletin 4 to XenForo

I guess I just like a challenge... I just really like fucking things up so I can work really hard to try and recover from all the bad decisions. :)

digitalpoint, Jan 30, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva, Smyrl and ryan_uk like this.
  16. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    Yes, Shawn, please stop improving DP!! I can't cope any more. ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    ryan_uk, Jan 30, 2013 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  17. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    I think this is about the 4th time I've "permanently caused the utter destruction of Digital Point"... :)

That is true. May be you do have some thing that many of us can not see.

Time will tell.

18. mytechiestuff

Best Answers:
    I do cherish my right to speak freely pretty much everywhere and do express my mind here. I don't mind that you do the same, in fact, I welcome it.

That is so kind.

So it is the way that I have expressed the very valid points that is the problem.

Well I am sorry about that but if you should go deeper in to Milton, you may find that the views expressed by those who oppose your views must be allowed in all forms and what you may think of as attitude could well be deep and true concern.

Frankly it is not at all good to "despise" anything, because that emotion originates from within you, for various reasons and almost never has much to do with what you think that you despise :)

In any case I am glad that you "cherish my right to speak freely pretty much everywhere and do express my mind here."

19. ryan_uk

Best Answers:

Your words are kind of funny, considering your recent (over) reactions to many silly, petty things.

ryan_uk, Jan 30, 2013 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  20. Helvetii

Helvetii Notable Member

Best Answers:

You missed out this: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/thread-sort-order.1441011/

There has been visible deterioration since that happened^^

Earlier when threads were sorted by last post and DP ran on VB 3 there were easily 500-600 members online at anytime, with 300+ in BST alone. Service subsection used to have a good 100+ members online at any time.

Right now there are 159 members online in the entire forum!

I'm sure the traffic would have increased, since the site only became better from an SEO standpoint. Content has increased in the last 3 years, DP would have acquired more links, gained authority with age but most traffic increase has been organic.

Active members at any time during the day has reduced by as much as 2/3rd and almost 90% in BST!

BST was what differentiated DP from all other IM forums and it has gone downhill.

I'm sure Shawn will say that BST is not the most important think in this forum but the fact is that BST still has 12 times more threads than the next biggest forum (google) and 60% of the total threads on DP and its just 1 forum out of 35.

34 forums: 40% threads (~1%/forum)
    BST: 60%

Helvetii, Jan 30, 2013 IP