1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Decent Way To Start A Blog !

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by HomeDesigner, Jan 27, 2013.

Hello guys, i've been reading some of the posts on this forum, and i came to realize that the majority of wannabe bloggers are doing it it the wrong way.
    Speaking of my self, i failed 3 times in creating a blog that will generate some good revenue to make me work from home, at first i was amazed by the revenue that one could get by running a blog, i remember visiting buysellads.com and counting how much money some bloggers earn, i thought i'd earn the same within few weeks, and this was my motivation, as a result i earned only few dollars and left the blog, then i thought of doing it the right way ( which was not ). I got my self a good looking WP theme, and started copying from other blogs, few weeks later i left it.
    Then i realized that there is something wrong, something is not right, only few visitors comming via search engines, and the majority of the total visitors never comes back, which made it clear for me, i'm doing it the wrong way.

So dear bloggers,
    Make sure you are blogging about something you are OBSESSED about, so that you can keep on blogging for a long time and never get tired of it, cuzz you basicaly love it.
    Keep in mind that money is not what matters in the few first months, content and traffic does.
    Don't be shy to invest some cash to promote your blog, you'll get some loyal readers, ( money makes money ).
    Concentrate on SEO, read articles about it, research and keep an eye on the updates.
    Little by little time you'll start making connections, maybe other bloggers or online business owners, go for partnerships.
    Give away something that people buy.

There is much more than that, this is what came to my mind for now, i hope this will help you a bit.

good luck

HomeDesigner, Jan 27, 2013 IP
    raj085 and VukasinI like this.
  2. princas11

princas11 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you. You need to blog about something that you really like. So, you never get bored.
    It's a long way to the top if you want to make a lot of money from blogging...

princas11, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  3. sgrtech

sgrtech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i agree with you, it is best way to sustain as good blogger in long term. Thank you Blogger

sgrtech, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  4. ervins

ervins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Be patient and keep working, you will see improvement

ervins, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  5. Maa

Maa Active Member

Best Answers:
    Getting traffic is very important to the success of your blog. If you are writing good content and no one is reading it that is a big problem. Keep promoting your blog. You have to get it out there so people can read it.

Maa, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  6. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree it's about blogging about what you love, it's supposed to be fun, money should be a side effect.

ninjamtlt1, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  7. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Appealing information you have provided. It gained me more knowledge and idea. Please keep up the good because i like the way you are writing. Thanks!

karen9999, Jun 14, 2013 IP
  8. Shawn Gossman

Shawn Gossman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think this is really the most important suggestion you have stated. Many bloggers tend to tackle topics and niches where they are interested in but don't know a whole lot about. In this Dog eat Dog world, that isn't the best decision. Find a niche you know A LOT about and build it into a blogging addiction. As you blog more in the niche, you learn more as well. :)

Good little article, here :)

Shawn Gossman, Jun 19, 2013 IP
  9. HomeDesigner

HomeDesigner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, as for your blog, the niche seems to be a pretty good one, but i would advice you to switch to Wordpress and get your own Domain name / hosting. Also with wordpress you will be able to use some great themes, which will attract more visitors.
    Keep in mind that Content is king, Webdesign is the castle. ;)
    SEO is not an easy process, you should do lots of research, use few tools such as Keyword trackers, maybe even invest in Google AdWords.
    If there anything you want to know more regarding these info, Drop me a PM.
    regards!

HomeDesigner, Jun 24, 2013 IP
  10. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips man!

I went through something like that when I first started and my first blogs were a failure for 3 years. I didn't earn ANYTHING for 3 years of being online - trying to figure this thing out!

I finally did a year ago and I have been blogging the correct way ever since then!

You are right on what you shared!

The very FIRST goal of a new blogger online is to FOCUS on Content and Traffic. Concentrate on this for at least 90 days and then you can go ahead and get distracted with something else.

Most new bloggers want fast traffic and fast results but yet they are not willing to invest on their blogs!

This is very important guys!

If you want to make money with Blogging then you will need to invest on whatever is necessary for you to get the results that you want. You need to invest in the tools you need to make your blog successful.

There are so many tools out there you can use to get your content syndicated and also to get a lot of backlinks to your content.

FOCUS 20% of your time on creating content for your blog and then FOCUS 80% of your time on PROMOTING that content!

This is key to a successful blog guys! FOLLOW IT!

THanks for sharing this info too man! and I hope what I shared will also help many new bloggers online!

;)

Snoopy240, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  11. WillmingtonW

WillmingtonW Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with you 100% really, but surely niches that people are interested in would also become a passion too. I definitely enjoy getting up everyday to both learn, master and display my chosen niche than produce a website of content of something I already know but am not as interested in. The content would no longer flow! I'm definitely in it for the long term though and not the short term.

Thanks

WillmingtonW, Jun 28, 2013 IP
  12. infernal199

infernal199 Member

Best Answers:
    I think blogging as well as scooping your blog post is a great way to do things right..... becoz Scoop.it will showcase your blog post like professional looks.... you can attract visitors like Landing page of you blog!

dont believe me? just check my Scoop - http://www.scoop.it/t/blogging-resource
    & also you will get followers from scoop.... that means 2 benefits! ;)

infernal199, Jun 29, 2013 IP
  13. spujap

spujap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your readers are like your customers or client, you should engage them, provide them right guidance not just info. To engage them, retain visitors and email list or subscription(free) is recommended.

spujap, Jul 2, 2013 IP