1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Is The Best Way To Build An Email List Fast?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cjp214, Jan 22, 2013.

1. JLeon

JLeon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Buy solo ads, build up around 2000 subscribers and then do swaps to build it up even more..

JLeon, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  2. thevikingmarketer

thevikingmarketer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thread starter be careful who you listen to as a lot of the answers in this thread is based on stuff they have heard elsewhere. And yes I can tell it by the way it's written.

thevikingmarketer, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  3. ArchAxis

ArchAxis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

You should name the person you're talking about instead of alluding to it.

ArchAxis, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  4. cjp214

cjp214 Member

Best Answers:
    @ArchAxis,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not looking for a map. I know there isn't one... even though there are thousands of "gurus" out there who would try to sell me one at the drop of a hat. They'd probably try to sell me the Brooklyn bridge, too...

I believe you misinterpreted the intent of my post. My sole intent isn't just to make money. That's certainly a consideration, but it isn't the only one. I'm tired of seeing so many consumers who are looking to extract value. My ultimate aim is to become a producer who gives people something so valuable they'd compensate me in return. I understand that to make money you have to focus on creating real value... I'm not looking for any shortcuts or magic bullets.

With that in mind, I started this thread because I was curious as to which particular strategies people on here (including you) find the most effective in driving traffic to their websites (and converting that traffic to subscribers). There are a ton of different routes to take. All of them rest of the underlying assumption that I would be offering something valuable in return for those subscriptions.

I follow Seth Godin as well; his material is brilliant.

Regards,

Corey

cjp214, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  5. ArchAxis

Best Answers:
    Awesome Corey, I'm glad you're not just looking to make a buck because if you are someone else can do it cheaper and that's a race to the bottom.

You say,

Well unfortunately the whole point of life is to extract value out of you and that's ok, give it away freely! Why wouldn't customers want something that's valuable? Your job to make them realize the difference between you and the other guys.

The first major change I've made in my marketing efforts is to focus on one thing and one thing only for each website I have. I borrowed this idea from Seth's Permission marketing where he talks about gaining your readers trust by never abusing it. For example when you post stuff about your email list on Facebook to your friends they don't love it (unless they're marketers too at which point you're preaching to the choir), they hate and ignore you because you're trying to interrupt them from being friends. However you talk to this person in real life is the only explicit permission they've given to you and crossing this line into business promotion will get you ignored, blocked or unfreinded.

The best way to build anything these days is by making it so good everyone has to talk about it and share it. Think about how you heard about Facebook, was it because someone told you or because Mark Zuckerberg joined DigitalPoint Forums and posted a bunch of messages promoting Facebook? Or did he Tweet a bunch about Facebook? Did he create an affiliate program that allowed us to make a few bucks through affiliate marketing? Nope! He did none of this and that's how your business should work too, it should be remarkable or like Seth says worth making a remark about.

Are you sure you follow Seth Godin for real? If you do then you should be working on your idea virus and when you do you'll be successful. The problem with this whole discussion you're trying to find a scapegoat that will allow you to say well I followed what the guys on DP said and it failed so they suck! That's your lizard brain finding excuses and trying to take control of you.

Log off this site right now and make your newsletter curriculum for your customers and start testing it and stop chatting it up with me :)

6. cjp214

cjp214 Member

Best Answers:
    I agreed with everything you said until I got to:

Why do you say that? Like I said in my previous reply, I was looking for practical advice. Failure isn't an option for me... so why would I be looking for scapegoats?

Corey

cjp214, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  7. ArchAxis

Best Answers:

Because you haven't started and in my opinion you are worried about failing and want to find practical advice. You don't need practical advice though that's boring, you need radical advice that will make you ship that awesome email to your list!

If you want a deeper understanding of your lizard brain please go down to Barnes and Nobel or buy Seth's book Linchpin and start at page 101 (The Resistance is the name of the chapter) . I was shocked at how much control my lizard brain had over my actions. Now that I have it under control I'm producing like a champ with out fear and so will you.

8. cjp214

cjp214 Member

Best Answers:
    @ArchAxis,

Will do. I will certainly check out the book and look forward to reading it. Thanks for the reply,

Corey

cjp214, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  9. Skill-full

Skill-full Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with most of the replys
    For me its the same as some have already mentioned
    1 create a squeeze page
    2 give away free reports of ebooks (depending on your niche)
    its a sure way of getting response

hope that helps

Mahir T

Skill-full, Jan 27, 2013 IP