1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where Do You Sell Your Domains

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Fracisc, Jan 20, 2013.

I had luck with sedo in the past but now I can't manage to sell. I have paid for promotions too. Nothing.

I have listed on flippa too, still nothing. I have many valuable and brandable domains, I don't think that's the problem..

How do YOU sell?

Fracisc, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  2. ahost

ahost Active Member

Best Answers:
    Domain selling is a lottery. I have my company's domains (about 300 domains) listed on Sedo and Afternic.com. Both marketplaces make us about 1-2 sales per month. You may go with Flippa too but you need to have a very attractive names.

ahost, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  3. anxjuz86

anxjuz86 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Flippa and Godaddy auction I suppose. Flippa is good for selling website but still you can also selling domain names. However, the cost of listing is much higher now than before.

anxjuz86, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  4. UnderWaterPc

UnderWaterPc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use all three but flippa you definitely need a nice name to there or a valuable name sale.. Ahost I dont sell how selling domains is like a lottery please explain?

UnderWaterPc, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  5. sanchyclub

sanchyclub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can use this forum!!

sanchyclub, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  6. puravidacr47

puravidacr47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A few years ago you could sell domains and websites sometimes within days, but, times have changed. Many jumped into the game with fake PR rankings, paid for traffic hits without value, manipulated earning statements with photoshop, and many more gimmicks. This made buyers much more cautious. Further, Godaddy auction place with up to 15 millions domains for sale (I heard), SEDO, and other registrars...you are just battling against too many hyped sellers. ebay has become a "cheap buyers" place, tought to get good money. Here at DP (if I am liked enough and can continue posting for sale again) and at Flippa are the best chances to find at least interested parties and can negotiate. Flippa has just installed the option, vor new sites to post for $9 instead there high fee of $29, but then you pay 15% when sold. You save as long as the sale is under $200. if you expect over $200 spend the $29 up front and only 5% clsoing. It is a numbers game. For many the PR is overrated, and I rather get long tail keywords, build a good site and offset the selling with affiliate revenues until sold. I never quote earnings anymore. Less hassle later when a buyer does not generate (by lack of activity and SEO) the same results what I did. Play fair and open with info. buy for $10 sell for $20 - it is only $10 bucks but still 100% profit. I sell many sites between $50 to $200 with many hours of work. Hope this helps to give some insight.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
    puravidacr47, Jan 20, 2013 IP
    Fracisc likes this.
  7. goldmon

goldmon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    goldmon, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  8. gcttirth

gcttirth Member

Best Answers:
    I usually am able to sell the domains here on digitalpoint or other domain-related forums. Flippa in my eyes is only for highly valued domains. Paid appraisals never helps. Some have success with GoDaddy premium auctions too, so that can be a thing to try out. Users who own similar domain names or own domain names in other extensions can also be contacted.

I recently sold a domain that I wasn't even promoting as an end user contacted me. If your domains are valuable enough, buyers will come to you.

Wishing you the best!!

gcttirth, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  9. Fracisc

Fracisc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What does "GoDaddy premium auctions" means? You pay to be listed on the auctions site or on the domain registration section?

Fracisc, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  10. UnderWaterPc

UnderWaterPc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Out Of all that is mentioned Digital Point has to be #1 and with this new design and setup it should be for a very long time...

UnderWaterPc, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  11. Readymakers-sales

Readymakers-sales Peon

Best Answers:
    Sedo is good for selling and buying domains.

Readymakers-sales, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  12. guru16

guru16 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you want a high return seek out end users or higher a broker

most brokers charge around 10%

if they are rubbish domains develop them and get some rev then sell or drop em and start again

guru16, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  13. darianvictor

darianvictor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sedo.com for sure - free to list all your domains, pay a commission upon sale.
    Afternic.com - There is a small annual fee, but the buyers here are serious.
    Forums - NamePros.com and DNforum.com. Expect to sell for a fraction of the retail price, as you're selling to domainers and resellers.

darianvictor, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  14. usa666

usa666 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Godaddy Auctions and domain forums is what i use to sell my domain names. I try to advertise them in as many places as possible to get the most exposure.

I would not recommend using eBay to sell names, unless you really know what you are doing. As I have seen some nice names go for much lower than what they would have sold for at godaddy or forums.

usa666, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  15. Ramsesx

Ramsesx Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you can't sell your domains I guess it's just not worth the price.

Ramsesx, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  16. stevenhartley

stevenhartley Active Member

Best Answers:
    I tend to sell my less quality domains on this forum and a few others where as my better quality domains, i'll park them at sedo (will be changing soon) or develop.

stevenhartley, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  17. Bogle

Bogle Active Member

Best Answers:
    AcornDomains Dot co dot uk -- decent place to sell domains especially dot co.uk names

Bogle, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    In terms of forum platforms I think dnforum.com is the best place. I've found most people on DP don't really understand the value of domains.

dcristo, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  19. JLeon

JLeon Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    First do some research on forums, if people get a feeling of wow are you selling that domain? List it on flippa for sure! If not, list it somewhere else for free and hope somebody will buy it. If you sell 1/100 per month you will have a good month (if you want to make some nice money from that domain ofcourse)

JLeon, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  20. Lewis Doe

Lewis Doe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sedo is good just for sticking your domains on your account and then anyone who wants them can get in touch. They're permanently there.

I use Acorn for flipping domains quickly and I'll probably use DP for something similar as soon as I qualify.

Lewis Doe, Jan 27, 2013 IP