1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback What Annoys Me The Most About The "new Dp"

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by rahahm33, Jan 26, 2013.

Established or not, i think its silly that DP pushes potential customers away from clients, and that I am no longer able to make requests (buying threads) and post the services that I am looking for in BST

I also dont get why DP feels the need to force longtime users to attain likes in order to pay people to do a service for them, whether it's SEO, getting a website done, etc. I now am forced to look for people who can perform these services elsewhere because i no longer can use the BST forum that I've used since 2008 until i am "liked" within the community.

/rant

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    rahahm33, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    There is no reason for members to use DP for long without attaining three likes unless he/she continues play the old post padding game of

Congratulations.
    Thanks for that.
    I like coffee

Join the community and be helpful when you see a fellow member needs help and you have the expertise to help them.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    Smyrl, Jan 27, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. CarcaBot

CarcaBot Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really liked this forum since it was created, but once i meet it like a free for all board, now, I see that many things had been changed like "Estabilished" feature, which force us to buy premium membership.

Many people is looking to learn from this board.
    Surely this board will lose a lot of valued members which contributed to this forum in any way .

I have just to say that:
    This forum increased because of "small members". And you should respect them, not to displace.

CarcaBot, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  4. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't feel the need to buy premium membership and in fact over time earned a few likes because I WAS helpful on this forum and not here to post for a post count or to create low quality threads for the sake of getting signature.

Thank God, DP made all these recent changes in the new forum software and features because it will soon make this forum a more pleasurable forum to hang out on with less idiots posting meaningless posts. I see you got yourself banned already.

snakeair, Jan 27, 2013 IP
    Mick2012 likes this.
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think we'll lose "a lot of valued members", as for the rest the'll probably end up getting banned.:)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 27, 2013 IP
    snakeair likes this.
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:

What I really don't like about the new DP is that there is no "dislike" button or similar. Looking at your posts, I'm not surprised you didn't get positive rep before (or not much of it). Especially about your first 11 or so (they are just post-padding with a fake signature).

It's not difficult to contribute something useful. Try it.

ryan_uk, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  7. RoachBlogger

RoachBlogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    I find it sort of silly that people are still not adjusting to the new goal of Digital Point. It used to be a place where people would just come to post a low quality bunch of garbage then sell and leave.

The new aim allows a community to be grown which I like much more than selling whatever I own. If your here for the sole reason of to sell then either work up the ranks or find a community where you just sell instead of DP which just isn't that anymore and nothing will change that.

RoachBlogger, Jan 27, 2013 IP
    digitalpoint and ryan_uk like this.
  8. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I would have to disagree with this.

FPForum, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  9. Viola94

Viola94 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't like some from these changes, but what can I do? The same like everyone, I have 2 options, I will stop using this forum or I will keep using it, trying to become an established member. Is impossible to be everything perfect, so I have to try to understand these new rules, I think is a reason for everything, so I keep using this forum. Here was my first sale, just for some changed rules I don't forget how many times this forum helped me, so again, what can I do? All I can do is to try to become an more valuable member, pretty hard for me, because I don't speak English very well, but I have to see the positive thing, in this way, I will learn to speak English better :D

Viola94, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  10. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    @Viola94, I wouldn't worry about your English too much, but focus on quality in terms of is it useful. So say you're good at PHP, you might find people who need help and you're able to give it. Or you might be knowledgeable about x, y or z affiliate program and can help people who are struggling with something. These people might not even be able to give you likes, but don't focus on that and instead think about what you can do for others and the community.

Good luck, mate.

ryan_uk, Jan 27, 2013 IP