1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback I Like It, But

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by i8k, Jan 26, 2013.

I definitely won't allow DP any kind of access to my paypal business account to use the new marketplace, so I guess the new DP isn't for me. Thanks and good luck, peace.

i8k, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You are still able to use the old marketplace (just can't use Instant Pay is all since there's no way for us to set up the payment for you)... but yeah... you can still use the old stuff no problem.

digitalpoint, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Just like that you throw in the towel? Try the new DP and give it a whirl, you may find that you will be pleasantly surprised.
    A *lot* of members who were complaining on Monday and Tuesday are now singing the praises of DP after trying it all out.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  4. i8k

i8k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was going to list a new web app in scripts and a couple of websites in sites but in scripts I get a notice :
    This area is depreciated and is no longer accepting new threads or posts. This section has an official marketplace now.

In sites I don't see that message, but neither forum has a post new thread button for me.

i8k, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  5. CoreyPeerFly

CoreyPeerFly Notable Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    CoreyPeerFly, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  6. lechchut

lechchut Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm Premium User and i can't not create new thread too?

lechchut, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  7. CoreyPeerFly

CoreyPeerFly Notable Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Where are you trying to create a new thread and what does it say when you try?

CoreyPeerFly, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You do not need to be a premium member. No one can make new threads in Scripts, Templates or eBooks... which is why the notice about it being depreciated is there.

digitalpoint, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  9. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Really? Well Alexa shows a different story, DP lost 23% in daily reach in the last week, that just show how much people dislike the new DP

IG2010, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    See this post. And yes... users that tend to have the Alexa toolbar installed probably *do* dislike the new rules and the stuff we have in place now that prevents low quality users from even registering.

There is slightly more traffic after the upgrade than before the upgrade, but the traffic sources is shifting away from the countries where users tend to have the Alexa toolbar installed (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Indonesia, etc.) those countries we have less traffic from now.

And then there are other countries (who have users that don't tend to have the Alexa toolbar installed in such high percentages) where traffic is going up... United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Germany, etc.

So yes... traffic is definitely changing, but not for the worse. According to Alexa, 35% of our traffic is from India and 9.8% is from US. In reality, the highest traffic source has always been the US (37.79% in the last month), with India in 3rd with 12.25%.

And as an added bonus, users are staying on the site about 80% longer too. :)

[​IMG]

digitalpoint, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  11. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sure they stay longer, they try to find how the forum works now, so obviously they have to stay longer but from my position, I used to come more often before than now, as forums I was checking out are less attractive and busy as they used to.

IG2010, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well I dunno what to tell you... by every metric I have that I can look at, everything is exactly how we had hoped...
    • More traffic overall
    • Less traffic from low-quality geographic regions
    • The same number of posts per day
    • About half the number of new threads (the same posts, but less total threads means more posts per thread... as in more engagement with individual threads)
    • About 10% less new user registrations per day (we have our low-quality user mitigation stuff in place now that is blocking users from registering)
    • Users staying on the site about 80% longer
    • Average page load time is 388ms (down from about 1,000ms)

Spoiltdiva, IG2010 and malky66 like this.
  13. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As long as this move is a benefit for you... what else can we say, time will tell anyway

IG2010, Jan 27, 2013 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  14. RoachBlogger

RoachBlogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is not actually 100% down to people not liking it. Forums drop in activity from searches and people visiting a lot when a forum software changes like this as there is a lot of change. There is nothing to worry about that though, it will soon balance out I am sure.

RoachBlogger, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  15. FPForum

FPForum Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yea - the new DP sucks...Going to be losing me as a visitor soon as well! I've already cancelled my premium membership.

FPForum, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  16. i8k

i8k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    So to get back on topic, I have been a member for quite some time, have bought and sold scripts and sites before, and I don't think you will find a single post from me that is not a quality contribution, yet now I am not an established member because I haven't received likes?

And now to become established.. again.. since I was already able to do so.. I now have to try and accumulate 3 likes for what I was already was able to do before?

So... If I do that, is it not true that I still won't be able to post in the script section without allowing DP access to my paypal business account, which was the whole purpose of me leaving this feedback in the first place?

i8k, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Right... Selling Scripts is no different for establish/unestablished. The old Scripts section is depreciated regardless. If you are trying to get established to use that section, you don't need to waste your time.

18. i8k

i8k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Where is the account removal request / delete function? If there isn't one, since I looked and did not find one, please consider this post as my request for my account and it's contents to be completely removed from DP. Thanks

i8k, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  19. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    If you no longer want your DP account just walk away and post no more. We do not delete accounts since a member may only have one account for life.

Smyrl, Jan 27, 2013 IP
    RoachBlogger likes this.
  20. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Goodbye, you won't be missed.

DigitalPoint is under no obligation to do any such thing.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jan 27, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva and FPForum like this.