1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Buying Backlinks Just A Waste Of Money?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Arran Scott, Jan 25, 2013.

I have a few websites of my own and I did a little test, one website I bought backlinks and the other I did naturally (blog commenting etc.) The one I bought backlinks on didn't show up in rankings and the other got on to page 2. Now i'm making a few websites that I want to rank for the keyword 'conference call'. Is it really worth buying backlinks, if so does anyone know of any good deals that are niche related etc.

Any help appreciated

Arran Scott, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  2. beebar

beebar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am also trying to buy backlinks but afraid of goggle ban, but I believes some people in the house must be able to tell from their experience whether to buy backlinks or not.

beebar, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  3. heliumc

heliumc Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not exactly it depends on you which type of backlinks you are buying. If you are buying some .edu, .org or .gov links than it will be very helpful for you. But I just wanted to let you know be careful with this links if you will generate any kind of bad or spam links than it will affect your ranking. So try to create quality links instead of this paid links.

heliumc, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  4. MistaOptimiza

MistaOptimiza Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are always a few criteria when choosing a company to buy backlinks from.
    1. Google the company first, see what they are all about, how are the reviews, etc...
    2. How long have they been active in the field. The longer the better.
    3. What kind of links do they sell, how expensive are they. Quality backlinks or quality backlinking services are usually quite costly but get very good results over a certain amonut of time.
    4. Check out their site. How do they work, can you contact them directly?
    5. Last but not least. When buying backlinks on a marketplace, it's important to see if they have a plethora of choices of quality backlinks. The key parameters should be listed like PR, Domain Popularity, ...

MistaOptimiza, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  5. beebar

beebar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can somebody tell me if he/she is using paid backlinks with adsense site, and his experience with backlinks provider he is using

beebar, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  6. -bank-

-bank- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To answer the first question, when looking to purchase links you should look at the domain / link value, those with a high value are likely to have a larger impact, although PR is still important it is a lot less now than previously. Rather than looking to buy links from link farms, ie directories, try looking through the BST section, whereby you can purchase direct from the site owner, and could imply limitations on your link. ie I will purchase the link for 3 months, although your website / page must have less than 3 outlinks on that page / multiple links built into the content.
    Similarly guest blogging may be another good way to get better permanent links, write the content, provide it to a leading blog / site with authority, with multiple one way links to your site, and hey presto link juice.

-bank-, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  7. masterB

masterB Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, only the links related to your niche worth, if the site have any of your keywords in the domain, PR0+, low OBL and rich content are better.

masterB, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  8. AbdullahZahid

AbdullahZahid Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you get high quality backlinks whether even paid then i think they never effect.

AbdullahZahid, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  9. PrometheusUK

PrometheusUK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It's all about quality and relevancy of the links you have. How the links are gained (ie. free or bought) doesn't matter as long as the mixture of link types is good and the quality of them is good also.

PrometheusUK, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  10. ervins

ervins Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was wondering the same thing. I see some website with lots of back link and there traffic sucks

ervins, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  11. -bank-

-bank- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Having a large amount of backlinks doesn't necessarily result in increased traffic, although will increase the websites authority, so arguably backlinks could be a waste of money. The post by PrometheusUK best describes the process, so long as content is relevant and links are well selected google, presumably, will treat you well, helping increase your rank.
    Although regardless of link quality, if the onsite seo is poor, the design and content is poor, visitors are less likely to use it, and similarly Google will not like it.

-bank-, Jan 26, 2013 IP
    cronik likes this.
  12. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely not.

Providing you know what you're doing, remain diverse, and do everything in moderation, purchasing link services can be extremely fruitful for SEO. The services we offer are a prime example- we use the same services for our own site and our Google rankings have remained extremely strong post Panda/Penguin.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  13. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Remember, Google even penalised itself for buying links, so its stance is pretty clear. If you're going to do it, then you have to be prepared to "pay the price" (ban or penalty).

ryan_uk, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  14. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the truth is that buying links works, but if you go and buy a bunch of links you either face penalty by google or you just will waste your money.

Winagain, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  15. sasanko

sasanko Active Member

Best Answers:
    According to Google you shouldn't buy links. Now if you can buy them smartly you can profit from them but you get caught in the act and you 'll face Google penalty.

sasanko, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  16. emdadblog

emdadblog Member

Best Answers:
    Buying backlinks is a waste of money and time. Most of the SEO Experts following the cheap rules except (Genuine SEO Experts).

Even most of them working as a broker. They get job from you and submit to others.

If you have money then try to get highly experienced SEO Expert rather then hiring so called SEO Experts from here and there.

emdadblog, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  17. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Are purchased backlinks of high quality from proven providers a waste of money? What about in our case- we have serviced over 400 clients since 2011 and our rankings have remained very strong, post Panda/Penguin. I'm sorry to say, anyone who thinks paid links (of some form - NOT blogroll) have no place within an SEO campaign is missing a very big trick! Paid links which appear completely natural are still worth their weight in gold.

Don't believe us? We use the same services on our own site as we sell our customers, and take a look at our Alexa ranking because of it; http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/xrumergeek.com - admittedly Alexa is not a super accurate way of measuring traffic- but a sub 200k site speaks volumes, no matter what your preconceptions regarding paid links are.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  18. emdadblog

emdadblog Member

Best Answers:

Hey WebDev,

Don't take me wrong. I mention in my last replay that (Genuine SEO Experts are excluded).

And for the Alexa Ranking, I can give you a very good and 100% working tips to improve ranking in alexa.

Here is the tips :

1. Install the official Alexa toolbar in your web browser such as Mozila Firefox or Google Chrome,

2. Do the article publishing, social network link sharing, blog or forum commenting from the same computer and browsers where you have add alexa toolbar.

3. Within 30 days you will see huge improvements of your website alexa ranking.

4. It is Guaranteed.

emdadblog, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  19. cantik2000

cantik2000 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buying links is not always bad. If you could choose the right sites, relevant and quality, it will improve your site's ranking. Google will not catch you if your link looks natural, within the contextual and not in the blogroll. I have links from other sites in this way and so far they are safe.

cantik2000, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  20. ushahm

ushahm Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    google gives more importance to natural links.so don't go for paidlinks.instead of paid links build links manually.:)

ushahm, Jan 31, 2013 IP