1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestion Likes Transparency

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by tbtb, Jan 26, 2013.

Hey,

It would be nice if there will be a public page where you can see more details about the likes user gets, for instance:
    - The post that got the like, and how many total likes this post got.
    - User who gave the like & total likes from this user.
    - Likes from "likeable" / reputable members
    etc ...

After all Transparency is a very important principal and it can help eliminating SPAM.

What do you think ?

tbtb, Jan 26, 2013 IP
    Spoiltdiva and Smyrl like this.
  2. tbtb

tbtb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    After all, now that there is not iTrader system anymore, likes is a major way to estimate how reputable a user is. So its very important to know what stands behind the number of "Likes Received".

tbtb, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  3. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As there isn't iTrader, there's Instant Pay instead, which is a better way of knowing if there was a real transaction or not. Likes are just as manipulatable as the old rep and iTrader system. So, yes, an easy way to see which posts got likes (and who from) would be great, so you can see if they were cheating or not. If the posts are crappy and got likes...

ryan_uk, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  4. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I had read so many thread and found Peoples are mixing all of them let's make it clear here
    Old Reputation (The Green Bars) = New Likes
    Old iTraders = New Instant Pay Feedbacks

Old iTraders are still there but in Read only format check your profile and under marketplace tab as Legacy iTrader rating and new Instant Pay rating is also there.

And I am also agree we must able to check the member got likes on which post and from whom so it will be easy to catch Like exchanger ;)

FreeFun4Every1, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  5. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    @Freefun4Every1
    As to "Like exchanger" there we need to be careful. It is *very* probable that I could give you a like on day 1. Perhaps on day 2 or 3 you give me one also. This would not necessairly mean that we had some sort of a deal where we agreed to give each other likes. It could mean that we were simply like minded and agreed with each others post.
    If the boom came down on perceived "like exchanges" then members would be reticent in giving out likes to members that have previously given them likes.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  6. FreeFun4Every1

FreeFun4Every1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Agree with you but if a member have few post & 10 likes and out of that 10 likes 9 are given from same and that member had also have same situation + We can read on which post they got like so if all post are craps and they are playing like game so we can call them "Like exchanger".
    Just they have to make Likes more Transparent.

FreeFun4Every1, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  7. muffet

muffet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed because my profile is not showing the previous 3 iTraders I had and why are "Likes" dependent on Distinct DP members who are paid Premium Member. :eek:

muffet, Jan 26, 2013 IP