1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Youtube Deleted My Account!!! Arghhhh!!

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by DennisKnows, Jan 25, 2013.

It's something that I saw coming. I heard that YouTube has been cracking down on anything in the make money online niche...

have you experienced this?

I had like 240 videos...

Noticed when I saw my leads decrease by nearly 90%

DennisKnows, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  2. w11guy

w11guy Member

Best Answers:
    What was the average number of views for each video. If they were low it might have been a quality issue. But as you said it was a make money niche, they could be clamping down because of FTC rules, or something similar. Did you have anything like outrageous claims, unsubstantiated earnings, or something similar. There's been a big clampdown over recent years. You say you saw it coming. Does this mean you have some idea of what you did wrong? Or just because of your niche?

w11guy, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  3. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Theres no explanation, on why?

James Byun, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  4. w11guy

w11guy Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think Google/Youtube usually give any reason other than 'you broke the rules'. So often, difficult to know.

w11guy, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  5. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:

There were a few more people I know that had their accounts deleted.. My account had like 900k views. I heard they're going after make money online accounts with a lot of views...

...and another issue is the link you have in your description. If you have a link that is flagged or Google doesn't like, they'll ban your whole account with no explanation. I have like 6 other accounts but that was my main one that I started the DennisKnows brand on...

DennisKnows, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  6. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google plays a 0 sum game, you can read about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero–sum_game

Never put all your eggs in 1 basket.

The reasson why they deleted was simple, affiliate links, I suppose are advertising methods embeded inside the videos, If they would allow it that means it hurts they income in the adsense for videos.

Once they removed the ads and the videos, people will stop visiting those and start seeing regular vids with a more chance hitting an adsense ad inside the video, that way Google earns. So while Google loses videos and content and maybe some income from your vids, they earn it else where and keep an healthy environment in youtube and allow more exposure for their advertisers. After all, traffic in youtube runs in circles from "related vids", etc.

cheers.

wounded1987, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  7. w11guy

w11guy Member

Best Answers:
    Very interesting. Makes sense that they don't want affiliate links.

w11guy, Jan 25, 2013 IP