1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Dp Likes And Dislikes

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by karthick9, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The biggest "like" for me personally is that now I can tell which members appreciate innovation and progress, and which members fear it.
    This will help me to decide who I contact when I need a service provided. I prefer to interact with members whose visions are able to evolve, as opposed to those who stagnate and demonstrate an inability to change with the times.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 24, 2013 IP
    Colleen likes this.
  2. fau00

fau00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got the same problem too. I had made several "Saved Folders" for example "favorite buyers" folder, "bad buyers" folder, etc which will be very useful as my notes for doing link sales.

digitalpoint just replied on my thread that they are gone. :(
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/i-need-my-saved-folders.2630020/

Anyway, I remember you were put on my "favorite buyers" folder. :)

fau00, Jan 25, 2013 IP
    moffey and samanthalong like this.
  3. bevanseo

bevanseo Member

Best Answers:
    Hey i'm still confused about new looks but its really interesting.... i just don't like only inbox style which is converted in conversation. :)

bevanseo, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  4. dilon

dilon Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The new DP looks good to me - well, have updated a lot's of beneficial features. Now, only useful posts getting likes (I like "like" this feature most)

dilon, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  5. grafx77

grafx77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I also don't agree with the 2 major points made here, that I tend to see all over the place from other members.

1. We NEED a way to delete multiple PMs. There is NO WAY anyone has the time to go through each PM, open it up, and then delete it (quit convo). Pretty ridiculous how it is now!!

2. What on earth is this "like" crap about? I had a few hundred in iTrader points (all positive) and now I have to start all over with likes? This is going to really screw people who use the "Marketplace" a lot and want to work with more trusted/qualified users.

Not liking the setup currently. I know that people generally have a hard time with change, but it seems like the change gives us more limitations and not enough features that come standard with any forum!!

grafx77, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You don't need to get any Like... getting them will not somehow make you more (or less) trusted by anyone.

It was announced in Sept, 2010 that iTrader was going away and that the replacement was Instant Pay. It also gave you a giant notice at the top of the page anytime you left someone iTrader letting you know the same.

The reason it was so long ago that it was announced was to give people plenty of time to accrue marketplace feedback under the new Instant Pay system (you've been able to get buyer/seller ratings that way since August, 2010 (see this thread). Which people have done (some users have done hundreds of Instant Pay transactions in the transitional period).

digitalpoint, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  7. grafx77

grafx77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good to know, but unfortunately I never used "Marketplace" at all, only "Buy, Sell, Trade" section of the forum for services, programmers, etc.

grafx77, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  8. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is that post is really 2 years old post? I remember getting a hit on that but didn't noticed it was 2 years old :D

IG2010, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  9. poshswinger

poshswinger Active Member

Best Answers:
    As a senior member here, I must admit that I am totally disappointed.
    I read some many dislikes shared by other members above, and hence no need for me to repeat them.

Really heartbreaking to see the site is losing visitors and members not returning.

poshswinger, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  10. dlatua

dlatua Notable Member

Best Answers:
    childish, unprofessional.

dlatua, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  11. geegel

geegel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pro: Stupid people trying to look smart, insightful and genuinely contributing to the discussion. That's admirable.

Con: Stupid people trying to look smart, insightful and genuinely contributing to the discussion. That's cringe-worthy.

geegel, Jan 30, 2013 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  12. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't like that when I receive email notifications, there is no content from the thread. That was really helpful because I could see if it was interesting to me and follow the conversation.

Winagain, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  13. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There are some technical issues with that... It might come back, but right now there's some issues with it. For example if you post an email address in a thread, the system obfuscates it so search engine spiders can't see it. But to make it readable, your browser needs to be able to run JavaScript, and JavaScript can't run in emails, so the text of the email looks mucked in the email. There are a few other issues also, but that's just one example.

digitalpoint, Jan 30, 2013 IP
    Winagain likes this.
  14. qualityprovider

qualityprovider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think this is good step forward by DP owner. Actually this will screen out all those people who really are not interested working here and just while away and try their luck to get the benefit of this forum. But Now due to this new Likes and Dislikes rule, only those members who are seriously interested can enter the particular segment of this forum and can make a use of it.

It will also decrease the competition for sellers as only quality writers will be here. No more Bogus one.

So go ahead, prove yourself important one for this forum, and you are established member. What you say people? Am I wrong anywhere?

qualityprovider, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  15. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Reputation was imported as likes.

indyonline, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  16. niroshana35

niroshana35 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Thanks for explaining indyonline, that was a question I asked some days ago when I visited the forum for the first time after DP has changed. Now everything is clear as mud, lol :) ..

niroshana35, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  17. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You're welcome. =)

indyonline, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  18. indrianto

indrianto Active Member

Best Answers:
    My i-trader was gone....and everything must start again, I have made many transactions here, with no bad reputation. :)

indrianto, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  19. Sashakta

Sashakta Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    DP new look attractive, i like it

Sashakta, Jan 30, 2013 IP
  20. jonasg

jonasg Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I pretty much like everything. The only thing is that it feels so different... but in a good way. =)

jonasg, Jan 30, 2013 IP