1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Facebook Bad For Bloggers?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by shamkhhan, Jan 24, 2013.

i think yes, we must hire a girl who slap us when we use fb. What do you say?

shamkhhan, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  2. FBZ

FBZ Active Member

Best Answers:
    No! Facebook is great for almost any website. You just need to keep your visitors interests. If you're posting content on your FB constantly, it will constantly remind people of your website.

For example, I have a science website all about modern science and technology (I say the word technology loosely). I have an app I coded set to post images I've preset once every 1-2 hours on my Facebook page. Right now I currently have nearly a week worth of content for it to post to FB. Requires minimal work. They're all jokes or interesting facts related to content I have on my blog.

It's a great way to get visitors coming back to your website, and once it gets big enough, it's even a great way to get massive new traffic flowing to your website without spending a penny.

FBZ, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  3. DTN_VPS

DTN_VPS Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Like anything facebook will die out, myspace for example, aslong as guys dont get reliate on it for income and visitors, which, will sadly happen as people get lazy !

DTN_VPS, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  4. dreamzone

dreamzone Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook is important thing for blogger... to make traffic

dreamzone, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  5. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I stopped doing that and now doing manual submissions/wall posts. It actually works better because the fans know it's not automated and you can connect better with them (personalised) :)

michael.aulia, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  6. FBZ

FBZ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nobody knows that mine are automated, because they're still hand picked by myself. Just not all being released at the same time. It works out for me, it's just another source of traffic :p

FBZ, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  7. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think so.

You can drive a lot of traffic to your site using facebook, everytime you write
    a comment in somebody's wall

Gianni Palazzo, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  8. clickonportal

clickonportal Active Member

Best Answers:
    As much as a lot of people like to gripe about facebook, it's still the biggest thing in Social Media out there today. As with everything, if you know how to use it, it's going to be a rewarding experience, otherwise, it can be frustrating.

clickonportal, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  9. WorkWithMorgan

WorkWithMorgan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    connected networkedbloggers to your blog via FB, it's good for community and traffic.

WorkWithMorgan, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  10. Bigbash

Bigbash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Facebook may have less positive impact for blogger than some active blogging site but it doesn't have any bad impact.

Bigbash, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  11. oraisoopoopo

oraisoopoopo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    not bad for bloggers, but serious google competitor...:D

oraisoopoopo, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  12. DennisKnows

DennisKnows Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is great for bloggers if you can get through to your target market via savvy marketing

DennisKnows, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  13. omcliem

omcliem Member

Best Answers:
    FB is definitely not bad for bloggers as it have given another promotional tool and I know many communities who are seeking and also getting attention due to regular posting of their blog posts on FB as well...

omcliem, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  14. toastbeer

toastbeer Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I guess Facebook is an important tool to promote your blog and keep in touch with potential users for your site. People might not visit your site every day, but they will visit Facebook daily. So one thing leads to another ;)

toastbeer, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  15. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    could we slap the girl instead?
    and instead of slaps, can we spank her?
    ok, I am going now

Winagain, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  16. The Entrepreneur Cure

The Entrepreneur Cure Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you use Facebook the right way, it can be a blessing to bloggers. The suggestion is to not think small but consider Facebook as one section of your overall Social Media Marketing Plan. If you created a business FB page, you can include it in your blog and generate new friends/ Likes ( That's the basic yes). But if your thinking on a larger scale you would locate over 30 FB pages like your business, contact them and discuss possible cross in marketing for both parties.

Example:

Bob has an SEO business, he created a blog, FB account and Twitter account. Bob updates his blog each day and plans to offer special offers directly through his FB Page, so Bob opens a special group as well associated with the FB page offering discounts which may include up to 20 % off any SEO order generated through the FB page ( yes there are ecommerce options for FB you can easily implement).

Bob's Virtual Assistant maintains his FB, Instagram and Twitter for the blog business. She contacts a web designer with over 6,000 followers and offers the deal plus useful posts associated with her business. They work out a deal to a enter an agreement of outsource exclusion. The web designer often needs an SEO expert to finish out the content for some of the sites she builds so Bob now updates his blog to discuss web design with a reference to the web designer's business. Bob may even ghost write a the designer on his blog or contribute to hers, while offering free advertisement on his site for 60 days in exchange for the same on her site. The cross in this transaction allows Bob to create a referral service on his blog to include her services with an opportunity to discuss pay per lead options. Bob's virtual assistant does this over 30 times a day locating networks and similar pages, sites or accounts to tap into new audiences and generate " shared" posts from Bob's FB, enabling new users to see what Bob can offer.

Networking.... it's an awesome thing when you have the right Social Media Marketer in place.

The Entrepreneur Cure, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  17. webmaster.

webmaster. Active Member

Best Answers:
    Certainly not, Facebook is best source to familiar your blogger and it will help to bring more visitors to your blog

webmaster., Jan 26, 2013 IP
  18. anzilone

anzilone Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook is a must tool for Bloggers, anyone need a start on professional blogging. I don't seen and bad impact on Facebook, if you are good Facebook user, also share your posts then you definitely received a lot of visitors to your blog and a chance to get good traffic.

anzilone, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  19. emn

emn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think no, As Facebook is a best social media website nowadays. Bloggers can have a great network and they can share all their blogs and content through it worldwide. Facebook has better impact on online businesses. Its up to you, how you are utilizing the features.

emn, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  20. The Entrepreneur Cure

The Entrepreneur Cure Active Member

Best Answers:
    ( pulling my hair out at that last one, your in Colorado and the entire post is filled with basic English errors)

My OCD says, consider utilizing authentic writers for Facebook posts, forum posts or articles when choosing to optimize Social Media of any sort. Consumers tend to associate a loss of credibility and ethics when your overall statement makes no sense. ( It's better to misspell than misstate.)

The Entrepreneur Cure, Jan 28, 2013 IP