1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why People Do Not Read My Articles.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Gianni Palazzo, Jan 25, 2013.

Why people do not read my articles
    Have you asked yourself why people are not reading your articles?
    Maybe your grammar is not to up to standard.
    Maybe you are targeting the wrong audience.
    Are you writing what they want to read.
    Maybe the content of your articles is not interesting to your audience.

Whatever the situation is.
    Here are a few tips that might help you overcome your problems.
    You have to think outside the box.

Who is this article for? Who are you writing for? What motivates my audience?
    What do they need to know and why they want to know it?
    What are their problems?
    Can I solve their problems or give them solutions?

Once you know the answers to this questions, use them to your advantage.
    How can you use them, the answer is very simple.

Use target words (keywords) in your titles, introductions, and content to capture
    The attention of your readers .

Brainstorm before you start writing to cause a bigger impact to your audience. Brainstorming also helps you staying focus on what you write, you do not want to Talk around the subject, life is hectic in these days.
    People have not time to read a 2 pages articles if the content in it is not worth it reading it. If you do not catch the attention of your readers in the first 30 seconds, you loose them. Once they are gone they are gone forever. That is why, your first lines should be eye catching and interesting to them.

You need to get straight to the point. You can say in 50 words what somebody else can say in 500 words.

Be original, do not try to be somebody else. Your readers can tell if you are a genuine person in the way you write.

Ok. That's sit for today, there is a lot more to it. I do not want to overwhelm you with too much information, I will be writing more articles like these ones with more helpful tips in the next coming days.

I will talk to you soon.
    All the best.
    Gianni.

Gianni Palazzo, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  2. w11guy

w11guy Member

Best Answers:
    Great advice there, and something it took me a while to realize when I started. I'd also add that you need great headlines in order to draw people in. If you read the popular press (at least in the UK), you will see that they have fantastic headlines, especially on the front page of the paper.

There is a train that runs through a market 4 times a day in Thailand, and each time the train comes through, the market sellers have to move their goods out of the way, because the market is on the tracks. It's awesome to see. I've read many articles about this train, and most have headlines such as... Train Runs Through Market. If you just see the headline, you may skip over it, because it doesn't sound that interesting. But a couple of months ago, the story made it into a few papers in the UK. The Daily Mail headline was... Is This The World's Most Dangerous Train? So of course, you had to take a look. It often makes all the difference.

One other thing that many articles lack is images. Going back to the Daily Mail, nearly all their articles have multiple images, and many are very large. Some articles have 10-20 images. This helps get the articles shared on social media. We all love sharing images on facebook and other places, but who wants to share an article with a boring title and no images? Images can make or break an article.

w11guy, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  3. love2all

love2all Member

Best Answers:
    I appreciate your suggestion for "Use target words (keywords) in your titles, introductions, and content to capture the attention of your readers ." Something unique and written in the interesting way can motivates and appeal our audience. All other suggestion are also affective.

love2all, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  4. jesifaku

jesifaku Peon

Best Answers:
    your post are tired for people...try something different...

jesifaku, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  5. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    Well said, thank you for your post.

I agree with the images thing, as they make it easier to understand the story and give
    the article much interest.

Gianni Palazzo, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  6. Bogle

Bogle Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed -- headline is key. And I also think people need to write with the view to getting their articles syndicated and not writing for SEO. A nice meaty 700 word article is more likely to be syndicated and get targeted, higher converting traffic than pumping out tens of fluffy articles in the hopes of getting SE traffic (traffic from article directories not withstanding)

Bogle, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  7. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I partly agree, you have to write for your audience and not for the sole purpose of writing but I think 700 words might be a bit to long to attract new readers because people are lazy, try to make your point in 400 - 500 words and only go the extra mile when the message is worth it.

Sensei.Design, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  8. harvy

harvy Banned

Best Answers:
    short articles with core catchy content are always read by the people. The first few lines should attract and concentrate to his expectations.

harvy, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  9. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The biggest cause of failure I see is article writers using poor grammar and punctuation. This is a *huge* turnoff, I even see it in their headlines. If a writer can't even spell properly then why would I wish to continue reading from a writer who comes across as unsophisticated and uneducated?
    This loser can't even spell yet I'm going to read what they have to say?......(no I think not)

Spoiltdiva, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  10. jipolis7

jipolis7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Appreciable articles here. I want to add this. Be economical. If you write a 12 word sentence to say something that could have been said just as well in 9 words, you’ve wasted three words. That might not seem like much, but three words is an over-run of one-third. Apply that kind of overrun to a whole article and you have something that feels flabby and weak, instead of taut and direct. So every time you write an article, make sure it’s 20% too long, then cut 20%. Simple.

jipolis7, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  11. sgrtech

sgrtech Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks Gianni Palazzo,

Your Suggestion will turn the blogger to provide quality Blogs. Bloggers should fix their targeted audience before they start their writing. The keyword should relevant to the content, some sites has irreverent or Automated or Spinner content.

Any have you give a best idea to make a prefect site.

Thank you.

sgrtech, Jan 28, 2013 IP
  12. websolutions85

websolutions85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed with all but i would like to add some thing more. That try to write Articles for audience not for a search engines. By writing Article for audience means write some thing about they want to know.

E.g. I am an audience and i am looking for the solution of something like how to submit my post in Digg? or something like that. Write the problem article and give solution of that problem in your Article. That is the best way to attract users.

Also whatever you write share it on social networking sites like Fb, Twitter and Google +

websolutions85, Jan 29, 2013 IP
  13. sweedy

sweedy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A catchy title will often do the trick in attracting people to your article. Good spelling is important as well. One thing I have had trouble with is websites where you write the article and fix any mistakes, submit it and more mistakes appear during the submit. So you edit and re-submit and more errors appear. I figure it is something in the software on site but it can mess up a good writer's image online.

sweedy, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  14. Tasu

Tasu Member

Best Answers:
    Hope your post are tired for people.Try something different.

Tasu, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  15. Animal888

Animal888 Member

Best Answers:
    I also agree that the headline is very important. Often the most important part and I will often spend more time on that than the article itself.
    Most people reading articles on the web like to scan, so use lots of white space, bullet points and subheadings to make this easier for your readers.

Animal888, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  16. beejays

beejays Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion article marketing is not what it used to be.I have several articles with Ezine but the traffic received is minimal.A better solution would be to Google for blogs in your niche.The top results are obviously the ones with most traffic.Approach the owner of the blog and ask if he needs content and submit your article if he agrees.New content is always welcome.The blog will maintain it's position and you will get more traffic.
    The simple methods are always the best.

beejays, Feb 2, 2013 IP