1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Minimum 3 Likes To Post In Bst Rule

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Mac Solutions, Jan 22, 2013.

1. moffey

moffey Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thats simple bro, you just need to post an interesting topic or create useful post. ;)

moffey, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  2. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This definitely needs to be more than 3. I'm already getting people message me asking for likes. people are already trying to get around the rules.
    I report them, so don't ask.

indyonline, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I had 2 users contact me asking for likes, I reported them and went on my day. ;)

Brandon Sheley, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  4. indyonline

Best Answers:
    lol good. =)

5. Powelly

Powelly Active Member

Best Answers:
    Although i agree fully that 3 likes is say to simple to get for the 'Spammers' which will be willing to do this in ways which will not follow DP's terms of use, the people which are following the rules are going to find it harder.

Alot of users come here to BST domains/links and not for a general chat, they may not gain the 3 likes they need or they may not want to spend the indefinite time it will take to gain these, this will ultimately cause a slow down on the DP market as less Buyers will be attracted to DP do to the rules they have to pass before they can start to BST. If the user comes to DP to BST for the first time and does not know the forum they are unlikely to but the time in just to see 'if' they can get the interest they want from there threads.

It seems as though the new rule is only affect those who follow the rules. Spammers would have a issue with 3 likes, within a week that issue will be gone. If this number was increased it would make even more newcomers decide to go elsewhere. As mentioned in a previous post this will cause sellers to have a harder time finding buyers so they also will go elsewhere or rise prices, causing the current buyers to either leave or stop buying.

Powelly, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  6. indyonline

Best Answers:
    I mean come on, 3 likes... people can't get 3 likes...? All they have to do is start a thread with somewhat valuable info or new news and they will get 3 likes. Rather than take the time to contribute, they want to spend their time cheating. don't make sense to me.

7. indyonline

Best Answers:
    as Shawn said in another post, I'll look for the link, people buying and selling are not contributing to the site and/or adding any value. He worded it better, I'll go look for the link...

8. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    That takes work and just a little bit of brains to do, some people just can bother themselves with actually doing something worthwhile.

Brandon Sheley, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    indyonline likes this.
  9. Powelly

Powelly Active Member

Best Answers:
    For those like myself making threads and posting updates on other threads is not possible all the time as i use the account only whilst in work and i am unable to take part in the discussions here, though i am currently to see if we can get a different system in place.

The buyers on the forums have a huge impact on DP and the BST section on the forums is 3x bigger than the next largest which is general chat, without the BST area DP would lose a huge amount of users, not posting regularly in other sections does not mean that the users add no value and that would be crazy to say.

Powelly, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  10. indyonline

Best Answers:
    Those of you that are having trouble getting 'likes', go to the forum and click 'what's new' in the secondary nav bar. Find unanswered threads and help those people out. simple.

Brandon Sheley likes this.
  11. indyonline

Best Answers:
    You know what's weird....? People have trouble understand SE's these days and can not get the fact that you have to make useful, valuable, web sites. and at the same time people are having trouble understand and getting 'likes'. People are lazy. Spoiled. IDKY people have a problem actually contributing.
    ya ya ya, I know that don't apply to everybody and I don't mean that as an insult to anybody in this thread, I'm JS.

digitalpoint likes this.
  12. love2all

love2all Member

Best Answers:
    Hi @indyonline... your current likes are "131".
    Buddy, How do you got a basket full of "Likes" after DP fresh rules or most of them were previous ?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    love2all, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  13. PrometheusUK

PrometheusUK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If it's too easy to get then what's the point of it at all? As Powelly said, the spammers won't find it a problem to get around as once they have one or two accounts with enough likes to become established members they can then use those accounts to like other accounts of theirs and in this way they can easily get all of their accounts up to the level where they can post. It'll be the casual/occasional users that don't bother to stick around long enough to gain the required likes and I think it's those users and the things that they have to trade that add diversity to the DP buy/sell forums.

PrometheusUK, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  14. dedyfajar

dedyfajar Member

Best Answers:
    I am a member since 2009, I made a thread in BST (Marketplace) is very easy. However, with the existence of this new rule, just make me surprised. Because of we need to have 3 likes. And until now I have not had it.

But I am quite happy with the rules, so we come to the DP is not only selling, but also give something to this forum and member of this forum, of course.
    Because of DP, I can get dollars, I also get a lot of knowledge, and friends.

Best Regards,

dedyfajar, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  15. Sensyrida

Sensyrida Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its really strange that this rule is mandatory now to open a thread. And how should i get likes or my partner sarikabtech when we cannot like each other even to get at least the first like. Please advice!

Sensyrida, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  16. sarikabtech

sarikabtech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I completly agree. I have been a member since 3 years now and all of a sudden this rule changes everything. How shall I proceed now.

This 3 like rule is very complicated for buyers and sellers too . It seems like you have to ask to some one for 3 likes and it sounds so funny that if you don't have 3 likes you can not make business.

Thanks!

sarikabtech, Jan 24, 2013 IP
    ph1102 likes this.
  17. indyonline

Best Answers:
    because the old reputation system positive reputation was converted to likes.

indyonline, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  18. indyonline

Best Answers:
    3 likes is really easy to get. Go join in on a conversation. Say something funny in that conversation and you will get likes. or go click on the 'what's new' tab and respond to un answered threads and help people. There are many ways to get these likes. 3 is not many at all. people just have to take the time to do it.

19. rahuldas14

rahuldas14 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am really shocked by this news. I am a very old member, I have been here for many years. Had a wonderful experience here. But now I am not allowed to post just because I dont have 3 likes!!!
    No body can say I posted spams or anything ever. All my posts were always good and helpful. I have helped people here. But many dont 'like' posts because it helped... they will post a thanks message.
    A post which doest attract like doesnt mean its useless.
    I am hurt, seriously wasnt expecting this from DP community. I used to be happy from the thanks messages.... never thought it will be of no use in future. :(

rahuldas14, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  20. indyonline

Best Answers:
    you need 2 likes man. come on, thats easy to get. just do a little posting. People are learning it's importance quickly so people will start using it. Something else had to be done to fight spam around here and if you think about it, it's actually a good idea (the 'like' system, established member).
    Be creative man, the likes are easy to get.