1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Suggestion?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by seopenkey, Jan 18, 2013.

Hi Folks, Here I come up with a problem for which I am looking for a solution. I have a website Audio-direct.com. I was ranking pretty good for some of the target keywords earlier, but one day my programmer has put canonical tag on each and every page of the site which pointed to the homepage. When I saw drop in ranking , then I noticed that canonical tag is present on every page of the site so I removed those tag immediately from every page of the website.It has been almost a month, but ranking is not coming back for my site. I am continuously working for my site, but unfortunately no rankings have been seen as yet. Anybody can tell me the solution??

seopenkey, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  2. sharma.gaurav

sharma.gaurav Member

Best Answers:
    My suggestion is to increase the quality of the content on websites and also if a person wants to increase the accessibility of the website then he or she needs to write articles and blogs to get benefits in the long run.

sharma.gaurav, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  3. seopenkey

seopenkey Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there anyone who can give better solution for my site??

seopenkey, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  4. fallen.star

fallen.star Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think so. Canonical tags are generally used when you have webpages with more or less same content and want to tell google which page to rank compare to other. This can't down your PR. Please do the right way of organic seo.

fallen.star, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  5. promowebeveron

promowebeveron Member

Best Answers:
    Use Google Webmaster Tools for your website and check for the possible errors. Cannonical urls usually do not cause any problems may be your submission content is not up to the mark. Also check for the possible errors due to duplicate meta tags if any.

promowebeveron, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  6. affilorama

affilorama Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. I'm not sure why your programmer would place the tag on each and every page though since the pages on your site are different from each other. You might want to put more content on the site, like publish product recommendations every few days or so.

Hope that helps. Have a good day!

affilorama, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  7. JoshuaReen

JoshuaReen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to concentrate on content of your website. If you think the offsite technique was of no use, then consume the time on onsite seo rather offsite seo. My personal experience for my website is that i never created a single backlink for my website and have never shared it anywhere. I only concentrate on content and I get a lot of traffic from Google

JoshuaReen, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  8. autospa

autospa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try to increase content on your site, and also try some guest posting along article submissions. It will definitely help you.

autospa, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  9. Brianjohnson

Brianjohnson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Increase the content quality and try to get more back links from directory submission.

Brianjohnson, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  10. sasanko

sasanko Active Member

Best Answers:
    Don't put too much attention on that. It might not be the reason for your rank drop and even if it is, you only can wait now for google to take notice. You have done the right thing. Continue adding quality to your site and I am sure google will take notice.

sasanko, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  11. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just quickly observing, your lacking in links, and this can be a common factor that people face when ranking for certain keywords.

Look at the competition, on the keywords.

James Byun, Jan 24, 2013 IP