1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feature New Site...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Jan 19, 2013.

1. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    So far, there is actually more overall traffic (maybe it's temporary because people just want to see what's going on). As far as Alexa, Alexa tends to be installed with users in countries with a lot of spammers (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc)... Since rolling out the new site, we'd actually seen a 10% ins increase in traffic from US users. The reason there are less users from the countries that tend to have spammers (and a lot of Alexa installs) is because we are blocking registration from a ton of low quality users now.

See this thread: https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/mitigation-of-low-quality-users.2628741/

digitalpoint, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  2. TYCP

TYCP Active Member

Best Answers:
    The only problem I'm having is with the Avatar Editor modal box. It says to click on the "Okay" button when done, but the box is too far down the page, so I can't see the button (I'm using Chrome).

TYCP, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  3. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Can you post a screenshot by chance?

4. lasti

lasti Active Member

Best Answers:
    Loving the new look Shawn, can't wait for the beta version.

OT: So You won't release your xen mods to vbulletin?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    lasti, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  5. lasti

lasti Active Member

Best Answers:
    lasti, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    Jalpari likes this.
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Why would vBulletin need my XenForo mods (they don't work with vBulletin)?

Oh, so it's just when your browser window is not very high?

7. Thomas G

Thomas G Banned

Best Answers:
    I am having a tiny problem with the DP Spy feature. User registrations seem to come up in groups. Like none will come up for an hour, then about twenty-thirty will come up at once. It's just quite annoying for it to happen like that. Sorry to be a pest. :p

Thomas G, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  8. lasti

lasti Active Member

Best Answers:
    I mean porting it to Vbulletin..

Yes, unless it is in full view (F11)

lasti, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Is it *always* like that? It might actually be registrations happening at the same time (potential spammer or something).

No, we aren't going to be porting stuff to vBulletin.

10. N_F_S

N_F_S Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with this, all colors are light. color scheme could be better.

N_F_S, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  11. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    I believe it would make it better. I dont think as an individual but my needs as an employer , representing other employers. However, i also realize all needs are different. Everyone might not agree.

As a LEGITIMATE seller occasionally i never depended on iTrader or "Likes", rather proof & stats of each individual project. And recently I've been more into hiring and reading. Maybe i'm a rare care or maybe a lot fall in the same ship/boat but just how I view this.

cbusiness, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I don't mean this sarcastically, I'm actually serious when I ask it... How *exactly* would opening up a section for hiring that was open to every Joe Blow in the world posting in it benefit the site? Most likely you would end up with so many thread that the thread you posted would be off the first page and no one would see it in less than 2 minutes. So I don't even see how it would benefit *you* in the end. All i would do is cause your hiring thread to be seen by less eyes.

Agreed... which is why we implemented the Instant Pay system for feedback, so people are only getting feedback (broken down by buyer/seller) for transactions that ACTUALLY happened.

13. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    a) it's more time efficient to have a section where employers can visit in 1 click. I'd assume anyone employing others values their time. Surfing through 3 or 4 forums to find one is 2 or 3 clicks of lost time ( but nothing new ).

b) Separating the two would also allow for focus on the real issue. Quality vs Quantity in Sales. You deserve to get a piece of successful sales. I think requiring something like a $15 - $20 per post ( a little below competitors ) would eliminate a lot of the BS posts but at same time, keep it affordable for newbies & the 'smaller guys' . Retaining a lot of the audience I believe you will lose.

c) better moderation if you split the sections and get some fresh mods to work

I dont see anyone complaining "h too many are trying to hire people" in this forum. Scammers & these overnight site dream-site makers are all about stealing profit and flooding the sales sections.

New system is amazing but what about people int he past?

Just spoke to a designer I hired and have used repeatedly since hiring him from DP. I've even referred him to other associates. He didn't realize DP had change b/c he's been busy with school and logged on today, upon my mention of changes, to see his whole history was wiped. By conversation, i would think he VASTLY depreciated the value of DP due to changes.

I don't believe this is 'chance' but a long-haul threat to the DP community what's going on. Same time, I realize everything is about change / innovation, so these warnings can completely be wrong. Up to you guys to make that call.

14. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You realize of course we ALREADY do this for less than the cost you are talking about. Premium membership runs $25 for a single month or $10.41/month if you pay for a year. Which in turn allows you to post UNLIMITED in B/S/T (rather than $15-20 per post).

And even then, that's only if someone doesn't want to do something retardedly simple to begin with (post something worthwhile that 3 people like).

Who knows... only time will tell... obviously nothing is set in stone, and we generally adapt fairly well as needed.

ryan_uk likes this.
  15. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    No need for hostility with a simple opinion. Someone liked what I had to say, so there's people on both sides the fence and I'm representing a diff view.

And I realize it costs more. That's my point, i'm not worried about price, I'm stating the problem I see in a particular issue away from that. But again, it's just a 'suggestion' instead of me being the lazy kind who wouldn't say a peep and watch a resource of theirs goto waste before trying to provoke thought.

16. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh but beyoond that i do like the new look btw!

17. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's not hostility at all... I just don't really see the point of the suggestion to charge people $15 to do something, when they can already do it for cheaper (or free in most user's cases). I mean is it just about perception? Like would it make more sense to say, "Hey... pay $25 to list this, and as a bonus you get a month of premium membership."

That's actually a serious question, btw. :)

18. cbusiness

cbusiness Active Member

Best Answers:
    A per post fee would make people think about every single post made. Which usually i'd think leads to only quality sites.

And my initial suggestion was about Hiring.

I just thought that was a cool way DP could earn more and users could benefit more at the same time. It's worked well for 2 other forums that haven't brought me the money DP has.

19. rahahm33

rahahm33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i really hate how xenforo looks. ugh....w/e

rahahm33, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  20. gift-online

gift-online Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried to do that but didn't see any results even if I searched for user name taken from the page

gift-online, Jan 23, 2013 IP