1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New *forum Skin A Complete Fail!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Mark_Anthony, Jan 22, 2013.

Well this is just based on my opinion but i think the new skins they use on forum is weak and not done well.

It miss a lot of things, bad VEO, really weak design, main elements are not as powerful as it was before.

The login screen is not good, except the FB login integration.

Mark_Anthony, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  2. Eugene111

Eugene111 Banned

Best Answers:
    I am missing interface with Inbox and Sent messages. Conversations aren't so handy. I also miss my Itrader 200+. New rules of buying/selling link threads has really decreased the DP link market.
    Previous version of site and interface was perfect. I agree with topic-starter - this version is a real fail.

Eugene111, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  3. Mick2012

Mick2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Actually, I like this one better. I was getting bored of the other theme.

Everyone will have their own opinion on the new software/theme. But remember we're still in the alpha stage which means Shawn can make changes to his site.

I'm sure you will get used to it. It will take some time to get used to it. :)

Mick2012, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  4. Dominatos

Dominatos Member

Best Answers:
    I'd say that previous one was better to read and for eyes. I feel like i can't separate posts and also too much white colour here.

Dominatos, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  5. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm already used to this type of layout because I've been a member on a few forums that run xenforo software.

Put it this way, if you work aN office job and your boss says you are off the current account you been working on for many years and on a new account in which every single thing is brand new and you have to learn new things, you don't say to your boss that "Hey, I hate change and want my old account back".

You would be asking for trouble from your boss because you are against change.

snakeair, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  6. Eugene111

Eugene111 Banned

Best Answers:
    Maybe it is reasonable to make a poll? I wonder how many users approve these changes.

Eugene111, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  7. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i dont like it at all, hard to read

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    EvcRo, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  8. bluegill_catcher

bluegill_catcher Active Member

Best Answers:
    This new site is Very hard to view... the old skin, layout etc was so much easier to distinguish between posts, and see the date the posts were made, etc... This new layout all blends together....

bluegill_catcher, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  9. EvcRo

EvcRo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i remember the old old DP, 2 years ago, that was so easy to read

next vB 5.0 or something changed to a bad theme, harder to read, i thoght it isnt possible to go worst

i was wrong, this new theme is a disaster

check this crisp clear theme

[​IMG]

and compare to today's awful theme

EvcRo, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  10. Freelance GD

Freelance GD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Change is not easy. I personally think that the theme is quite cleaner but at the same time I do have some reservation about few things. It will take some time until we get used to the new interface.

Freelance GD, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  11. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, It's amazing how many people can't adapt to changes. I wonder if they have the same views in real life when they can transfered to a new department at work or a new account. I'm sure they complain for a few days but then after digging into things, they used to the new changes.

Would you folks rather have DP go to back to vbulletin and remove all the extra cool features you have now? DP forum is going to get a hell of a lot better now that Shawn is able to code just about anything except for a built in coffee maker.

snakeair, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    Brandon Sheley likes this.
  12. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

It's a safe bet to say that regardless of a poll, these changes are here to stay. The amount of work that has gone into the coding and design of the new framework is insane. It's taken well over a years worth of development.

For what it's worth- I love the new changes. Sleek, professional, and the rule changes / site requirements have been changed for the good, too. People will complain, they always do... but within a few weeks everyone will be used to these changes, and they're certainly for the good of the site!

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jan 23, 2013 IP