1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How effective are forum signatures with respect to website marketing?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by XooX, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Discovery Journeys

Discovery Journeys Peon

Best Answers:
    Back links links has got nothing to do with how many customers simply simply click a web link.

Discovery Journeys, Dec 27, 2012 IP
  2. e-life

e-life Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Signiture is a good way to make traffic for your website from my point of view.

e-life, Jan 3, 2013 IP
  3. lxque2012

lxque2012 Peon

Best Answers:
    Feel, signature links are helpful getting traffic to your website.

lxque2012, Jan 5, 2013 IP
  4. alvinchua91

alvinchua91 Member

Best Answers:
    The only type of traffic you can hope to get with DPforum signature is those to do with Internet marketing, be it PPC, SEO, affiliate marketing and the like. That's because ppl here on DPforums are looking for ways to improve their Internet marketing.

Signatures linking to stuff other than IM related stuff, is literally next to useless imo.

alvinchua91, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  5. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    This all depends on the quality response you provide over time. In simple terms, just be helpful to your extent.

James Byun, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  6. indmoss

indmoss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think that the signature links are valuable because they usually bring quality traffic to your site. I only get a few clicks per week, but the visitors that come from DG usually spend quite a bit of time looking at my offer pages as well as the information in my blog. Of course, this has translated to leads in my auto-responder. so, I value the link for the quality of visitor it brings, not as a backlink.

indmoss, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  7. CompleteLime

CompleteLime Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In my experience, forum signatures are useful, but only in specific situations. For example, if you offer a service like backlinking/copywriting/etc, you are both helping out the community and receiving targeted, paying traffic.

CompleteLime, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  8. SlimAds

SlimAds Peon

Best Answers:
    It sure can help your website or your offering known , as someone else stated , signatures are with no follow so for SEO it is waste but can be a good substitute to your offline business card.

SlimAds, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  9. tenzho

tenzho Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Signature link is very useful if your link you are linking too is related to
    the forum you are in!

I can get some clicks back to my website if I'm active in the forum.

tenzho, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  10. twiengep

twiengep Banned

Best Answers:
    Forum Signatures work if they are do-follow

twiengep, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  11. Cassife

Cassife Active Member

Best Answers:
    A forum signature works in the same way as, let's say, adsense. If it is engaging enough and it caught peopl's eyes they will click it.

Cassife, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  12. CharlieL

CharlieL Active Member

Best Answers:
    You will get a few clicks here and there, in my experience, but it isn't really worth signing up to forums JUST to post sig links, if that's what you were getting at, no.

CharlieL, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  13. michael.maricich

michael.maricich Member

Best Answers:
    Your sig is like a headline to a sales page if you make a crappy one then your likely to have a small amount of clicks. But let's say you are in the fitness niche and you have a great product for getting six pac abs. Then you need to find some of the most popular forums you can find. I aim for least 25. Then find threads related to helping get abs or burning fat, anything you can add value to. Try to make a set number of post to each forum every day let's say 10 and make sure to use at least three times the words you use in your signature. Now you have 250 little ads a day working for you in ten days that's 2,500. Make sure your signature as a great headline and try to test different ones to see witch gets clicked on more frequently.

michael.maricich, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  14. michael.maricich

michael.maricich Member

Best Answers:
    if forum sigs didn't work then why would top seasoned members use them? it's like anything else in im if you do it half asses then you will get half ass results.

michael.maricich, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  15. eimrahc

eimrahc Member

Best Answers:
    Forum posting with your signature helps to promote a certain website. Especially if a related content or post has been made. Forum posting also is like a "word of mouth" in real life. So if you recommend a site/service/product to someone, 95% visits the site.

eimrahc, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  16. bihguy

bihguy Member

Best Answers:
    It got me a few visitors on the game forum that I am in but not much.

bihguy, Feb 9, 2013 IP
  17. Winagain

Winagain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Altough the links are no follow, I've always noticed good rankings from the keywords I use in the signature.
    So I say it works.

Winagain, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  18. jorgepson

jorgepson Active Member

Best Answers:
    actually signature is one way to promote your website which avoids you to become a spammer. it's too difficult to gain likes in this community since it is discussed on the policy that self promoting or asking to be liked will immediately terminates your account. so now back to your questions, how important is the signature? well for one reason, your signature which is linked into your website will in a certain helps to attract users to browse your website especially if you already build a name into this community.

*that's only my points of view maybe I am wrong or right it will just depends on you if you will believe.

jorgepson, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  19. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    On the gaming forums that I am a part of, having a signature does help, but the results and traffic is very low.

Very little point in having a signature on DP, as those who arent logged in cant see it, and those who are logged in usually disable viewing others peoples signatures.

matt_62, Feb 10, 2013 IP
  20. kopek

kopek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Signatures have really helped me out a lot. I can't imagine generating the traffic that I get without them..​

kopek, Feb 13, 2013 IP