1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Minimum 3 Likes To Post In Bst Rule

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Mac Solutions, Jan 22, 2013.

Hello,

What you think about the minimum "3 Likes" rules to be able to post in BST forum. I see most of the active and reputed members even dont hold "3" likes are the frequency of threads on BST section have come down. Dont you think it will bring down DP as it was well known for kinds of services and digital products it have in BST now most of the sellers or buyers wont be able to post there requirements.

Your thoughts?

Mac Solutions, Jan 22, 2013 IP
    MarTh- likes this.
  2. Mick2012

Mick2012 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not very happy with it. But I will have to live with it. It might take me a while to get my 3 likes but I'll get it done. I think it would drive away some members but not me.

Mick2012, Jan 22, 2013 IP
    rebelagent likes this.
  3. Mac Solutions

Mac Solutions Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Thats great and yeah, I'm sure many of them wont go away but still it would effect the buyers specially to post the thread with there requirements. Seller would surely try to get "Likes" to be able to offer services but why would buyer spend time in getting "3 Likes".

Mac Solutions, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  4. nich0las

nich0las Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am an established member have good itrader and yet cannot post.
    I understand the desire to improve quality but this was the wrong way to go about it.
    People who had been around for more than a year should have got automatic posting rights.

nich0las, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  5. Kamona

Kamona Active Member

Best Answers:
    "3 likes" is not very good thinking at all...also I never dislike this rule...

Moderators are too much intelligent than us and they made this rule by using their brain sure...but I want to say something...SEO is a big field and there are lots of network...so anybody can get "3 likes" very easily...

I think "Site Verification" is one of the best rule by which broker can't display other network site(s) easily and resell too.

Kamona, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  6. trak

trak Active Member

Best Answers:
    3 likes may seems small at first, but getting even 1 likes is harder than I think. :/

trak, Jan 22, 2013 IP
    samanthalong likes this.
  7. bunny2790

bunny2790 Member

Best Answers:
    Its seems to good for all person. good move .

Cheers

bunny2790, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  8. samanthalong

samanthalong Member

Best Answers:
    I am not very happy about it either but I suppose it will stop the board being filled with low-quality posts. But I do agree with 'nich0las' as I too had good iTrader!

samanthalong, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    fej likes this.
  9. PrometheusUK

PrometheusUK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree that it's a shame that iTrader ratings are being lost. Regarding getting the '3 likes' though I would assume that it will become much easier to achieve with more members getting to that level and themselves being able to 'like' other member's posts. To begin with there aren't that many who are able to 'like' posts so it's a struggle to get any at all.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
    PrometheusUK, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    flanagan and samanthalong like this.
  10. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think it should be higher myself. =p

indyonline, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    rebelagent likes this.
  11. PrometheusUK

PrometheusUK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    lol @ indyonline... That's easy to say when you're on 127 likes. :)

indyonline and samanthalong like this.
  12. robo-cop

robo-cop Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dont agree with the rule either. i Have been around for some time and when contacted a staff member about not being able to post they directed to the 3 like rule or buy a premium membership. I have noticed that threads are not getting made as often so it seems things will be moving slower.

robo-cop, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  13. Powelly

Powelly Active Member

Best Answers:
    I already had enough likes required to post in the BST section when the change happened, though i dont favor the idea at all. The BST may need protecting but if a user buying or selling wants to use the site for this specific section they should not have to have their posts liked to do so, i have 1000+ post count though i do not often like posts, not because posts are bad but because i don't come on DP to like posts.

Buyers:
    Buyers will slowly fall lower and lower, new link buyers are not going to continuously post to gain the three likes require just to buy links, especially if they have a small budget for only a small number of links.

Sellers:
    Sellers with only a couple of sites to sell will likely look elsewhere also as it will not be worth the time for the few links they may sell, as a result there will be less links in circulation within DP.
    As for the brokers with large lists they will stay should the buyers not fall to a unsustainable level. Though as a experience link buyer with years on this Forum i know there are many sellers that use multiple accounts for selling their links, after these have got the likes required it is going to be easier than getting 25 posts as they will just use the accounts they already have to get likes on every more accounts, this will be quicker than ever.

Getting 25 posts took time for people, 3 likes can be traded/bought and i have already been contacted to like different profiles - All of which i will point out are going to be reported with full evidence -

These are my views, i will continue to use DP and it has always been a valuable asset to me though i doubt this update will result in a positive outcome for DP as a whole.

Powelly, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    ph1102 and samanthalong like this.
  14. PrometheusUK

PrometheusUK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Powelly,

Those are interesting thoughts and I fear that you may be right when you say it will put off some of the more casual users of DP. ie. Those who are not involved in posting many messages or doing anything wrong such as spamming, but who just come on DP for the occasional link trade or to advertise a domain or site that they may have for sale.

I too can't see many occasional users bothering with sticking around for long enough and posting enough messages to gain 3 likes in order to gain the ability to post in the buy/sell/trade forum. They're much more likely to just go elsewhere to buy/sell or whatever.

If the number of these 'occasionally active' members on DP is reduced then that will be a bad thing, I think.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  15. mimozo

mimozo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personnally , I find it too unfair for old estabilished members . as they should start from zero to be a normal member in dp .
    and also they will be alot of spammers who will try to catch 3 likes quickly and start to post in the marketplace . I don find any difference between the 2 rules except quality ..

Best

mimozo, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    samanthalong likes this.
  16. Powelly

Powelly Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree PrometheusUK these 'occasionally active' members are lost the sellers of the Forum will have a harder time in turn rising the prices which in turn will will but off my buyers resulting in a general slowdown of the DP market.

As far as i can predict, the 'Spammers' with multiple accounts now have it easier than ever and the normal people who come and follow the rules are going to be the ones that get hit the most but the likes rules as they wont have the 3 alternate accounts in a week or so that can like as many new accounts as they want. The spammers will get past this easy, the legit people will not.

Powelly, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  17. PrometheusUK

PrometheusUK Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, it's a shame as I absolutely love the look of the new DP and it's actually (for me at least) a lot easier to use, read posts etc. and it seems to run a lot quicker too... but if there are ultimately fewer members on here then the diversity and quality of what's on offer will suffer regardless off how good the interface looks and works.

samanthalong likes this.
  18. Mac20

Mac20 Banned

Best Answers:
    i don't like this rule, i don't know how to get "like"... :(

Mac20, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  19. indyonline

indyonline Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ya, it is I guess. but 3 likes is too easy to get.

indyonline, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  20. MIYABI

MIYABI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I have maintained my 100% itrader back then and 3 likes is just like starting all over again for me. I agree with powelly, the spammers with multiple account will find this rules easy to abuse if they like each other accounts. And one thing, it can be a trigger for spammer to sell an established accounts.

MIYABI, Jan 23, 2013 IP