1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cannot find the problem.. Website is online, my PC shows it offline...

Discussion in 'Bing' started by WebsterStar, Jan 17, 2013.

Strange things are happening here with my PC...

Problem:

A website (not sure if I can add the link so I'll leave it for now) is online, my friends can visit it every day.
    But when I try to visit the website, it only shows a blank page, the website refuses to load.

Apperently I'm the only one with the problem.
    No I have not been banned or blocked lol :p

Sadly, I have no idea what the cause is...
    Anyone who is able to help?
    Never had this before..

My Internet connection is fine, I can visit all other websites.

WebsterStar, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  2. awcguy

awcguy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Do you use any add-ons for blocking pop ups or scripts?

Do you use the same internet provider as your friends?

awcguy, Jan 17, 2013 IP
    WebsterStar likes this.
  3. WebsterStar

WebsterStar Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do use add-ons, but after switching them off, the problem remains..
    I do not use the same internet provider and with a proxy server, I can visit the website.
    But my internet provider didn't change anything.
    It's strange and I don't understand it.

WebsterStar, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  4. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you use windows try to start command prompt as administrator and C/P this:
    ipconfig /flushdns
    press enter..
    That should do the trick.

Fer0, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  5. WebsterStar

Best Answers:
    @Fer0, this morning I tried what you said and flushing the dns was succesful, but it did not solve the problem...
    I noticed the problem itself has become worse these last 2 days, because instead of 1 website, it happens with more now. Yesterday evening, I had the same problem when trying to open DP. This morning, I could visit DP again. Other websites remain blank, no matter how long I wait or which browser I use.

WebsterStar, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  6. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then you have compromised yout computer.. Clean with antivirus, remove addware and remove browser addons (they can afect your net connection).
    Try to work as non-admin in windows.

Fer0, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    WebsterStar and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Vakev

Vakev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, Is this website yours? Did you make it on your pc if so what program did you use? and where on your pc is the webpage you created stored? What program did you use to upload it? What was or did you do on your pc when you realized you couldn't view it? Have you updated anything or installed anything since this problem started? There is a logical explanation here some where why you can't view it, we've just got to look at it from all angles.
    Regards

Vakev, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    WebsterStar likes this.
  8. davcheong

davcheong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Details required if you need further more advice/help from us.

1. What is your current OS? Windows XP/Vista/7/8
    2. When it comes to " which browser I use", may we know what browser ?
    a.) Chrome (Updated?)
    b.) Internet Explorer Version ?
    c.) Firefox (Updated?)
    2.1 Did you try clearing cache or cookies in any of the browser?
    i.) Chrome ( Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL )
    ii.) Internet Explorer ( Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL )
    3. Your antivirus software is it updated? Which Antivirus that you using?
    4. Antivirus - Did the firewall blocked? Or website has been added to block list?

PS : Should more and more website starting to unable to load from your side, there is a high chance that your PC might have infected by Malware, or viruses. Try using a software which is free to download, malwarebyte search on the google. Make sure you have backup your data before doing any scanning. Once downloaded, install and update the definitions. Boot your pc to Safemode and run the malware software to scan. Safe Mode, eventually disable most but not all function on windows first load.

With the above details, it would be easier for others to diagnose out what might have cause the blank page.

davcheong, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    WebsterStar likes this.
  9. abraham26

abraham26 Member

Best Answers:
    Clear cache and/or try with another browser to see what happends.

abraham26, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    WebsterStar likes this.
  10. sasanko

sasanko Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can't explain how it happens but it helps me going to the site through searching in google in these situations.

sasanko, Jan 23, 2013 IP
    WebsterStar likes this.
  11. WebsterStar

Best Answers:
    Apologies for the delay in replying, it's because the problem has become worse...
    And thank you in advance to everybody who is trying to help me.

Going to the site by searching in Google does not change anything, the websites keeps loading blank.

The website I was referring to in my first post, is not mine.

It is a fact that more and more websites refuse to load now. I now even have it with Hotmail lol!
    With Hotmail it's even stranger, the website loads fully but as soon as I try to login, I receive a blank page (again).

I use Windows XP and Firefox (updated - latest version). I have also installed Chrome (latest version) to see if that solves my problem. Sadly, it does not.

Clearing cache and cookies does not make a difference. Tried it a million times, hoping it would change at least something, but that's a big fail as well.

Antivirus: Kaspersky 2013 installed since 3 weeks. So the problems first started about a week after the new Kaspersky version. I wanted to know whether Kaspersky was the problem, so I uninstalled Kaspersky completely (including register), installed the old version again and gave it another try... Result? Nothing... Problem remains...

The websites have not been blocked... Even without the firewall, the problems are still the same...

Tried several online scanners, none of them found anything wrong... Kaspersky cannot find a problem either.

I'm ready to give up lol...

WebsterStar, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  12. sasanko

sasanko Active Member

Best Answers:
    With all the methods you tried I am now inclined to point towards your internet service provider.

sasanko, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  13. Vakev

Vakev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi WebSterStar,
    I was just researching your problem further when something popped into my mind which you could try! Since you're on windows xp you can try the system restore function which will restore your computer back to a point in the past when everything was working ok! You will not loose any data at all when doing this, its a very simple procedure. simply click on the start button goto help and support then select system restore. it will ask and show you previous points to where you would like to go back to. simply select a point maybe 4 weeks ago when everything was working ok. Then the computer will do the rest. It will want to reboot and may take a little longer to start up, but when it does, see if everything works? and let me know! this has helped me tons of times when i've mucked up my pc :)
    Regards

Vakev, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  14. WebsterStar

Best Answers:
    Thought about that too, since I can visit all websites when I use a proxy server or an IP blocker...
    BUT... there are 3 computers in the home network... and mine is the only one with the problem lol!
    The other 2 PC's don't have this problem, they can load all websites.

Thank you for trying to think along, Vakev, but I always use that function first when I'm dealing with PC problems... It didn't work.

WebsterStar, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  15. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try to remove kapersky and install AVG or some other antivirus.
    It seems that you have problem somewhere in your firewall security settings, and Kapersky made those changes. Try to google about that.

Fer0, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  16. Fer0

Fer0 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It seems to be some glitch from Kapersky...
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversion/index.php/t90647.html

Fer0, Jan 25, 2013 IP
  17. abraham26

abraham26 Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm...

1. Could be a computer virus,if you say you cannot access many sites. Usually they enter code in your hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.txt - open it with Notepad) For example, if you have a line like this
    127.0.0.1 yahoo.com -> you canNot access yahoo site
    The # sign at the beginning of the line is ok, is a comment line and does not affect you
    # 127.0.0.1 yahoo.com -> you Can access yahoo site,is ok

2. Could be from your network provider.
    Try to enter via http://www.hidemyass.com (so you visit that site through another IP)

abraham26, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  18. signorm68

signorm68 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go to:
    Start - Run -> (copy/paste into box) ipconfig /flushdns , and click "OK"
    Sometimes there are problems with internal windows DNS caching system and this command will "flush" it.Hope this will help

signorm68, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  19. davcheong

davcheong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi WebsterStar,

By now, i hope you have solve your issue.
    1. If not, would you be able to do this, try press Ctrl+Alt+Del once, get the Task Manager to pop out, make full screen if possible till it can see all the list. Press PrtScr Key, paste it in Paint or any image edited. Save it to a file and attach here.

Let's see what is loading behind your process.

2. Many weird thing happens back in XP age, especially it is much easier for malware, virus + spyware being attacked. Have you try download the Malwarebyte software? Or you cant browse to the website? Since you have other 2 PC beside yours able to browse, try download from their PC, copy the files and install it on your PC. On installation part, this will be tricky. Do not attempt to install in normal mode, or with internet connection connected. If can, try unplug the network cable, boot into Safe Mode, by pressing F8 once you reboot while starting the PC.

Once you have boot into the Safe Mode, install the Malwarebyte, do not need to update at this stage, as your cable network disconnected as recommended. After installation, try scan full.

Eventhough yes there is online scanner available, but the virus+spyware+malware can actually shake hand with them.

davcheong, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  20. lesa mitchell

lesa mitchell Member

Best Answers:
    Is your page proxy protected?

lesa mitchell, Feb 20, 2013 IP