1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Stumbleupon, Digg And Delicious: Are They Still Worth Using

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by accendo, Jan 20, 2013.

?

What's the Best Social Media Site for Traffic

1. Facebook

35.7%
  2. Reddit

28.6%
  3. YouTube

14.3%
  4. Twitter

14.3%
  5. Pinterest

7.1%
    For link building and traffic, does it still make sense to submit links to these sites?

accendo, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  2. abeng

abeng Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely yes.. Social bookmark is important parts beside SEO to build a website..

abeng, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  3. jimbase

jimbase Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It makes sense to submit to them all. The more linkbacks and word spreading the better :)

jimbase, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  4. VisionzZolution

VisionzZolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarks on Stumbleupon works till today and will work for the years to come!

VisionzZolution, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  5. mstechnosoft

mstechnosoft Member

Best Answers:
    If you are promoting your website then it best to submit your website in these sites. These sites drives lots of traffic to your site if you used them properly.

mstechnosoft, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  6. Linksbuilder

Linksbuilder Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest everyone to submit links to all the social networking website which you have mentioned and my vote will goes to Reddit.

Linksbuilder, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  7. khemrajmeena

khemrajmeena Banned

Best Answers:
    i am using these all sites

khemrajmeena, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  8. sarahjohs

sarahjohs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Indeed, the design of the web page itself portrays the usage and the effectiveness of the site. The website seems to be revamped and has been furnished in a better way to ease the navigation and with multiple features.

Nonetheless, StumbleUpon, Digg remains to give a better exposure rather than the Delicious, I suppose.

sarahjohs, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  9. IFCMarkets

IFCMarkets Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Stumble and Delicious are worth using, but Digg made some changes and I don't use it any longer

IFCMarkets, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  10. acetag

acetag Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm using all these social bookmarking sites, but I see that Stumbleupon works best.

acetag, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  11. michael.aulia

michael.aulia Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think I've got 0 traffic from Stumbleupon these days.. still remember the golden days where I got 15,000 hits in 1 day because of the stumbles :(

michael.aulia, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  12. Gianni Palazzo

Gianni Palazzo Member

Best Answers:
    I think they all good sites to drive traffic to your site. It all depends on what work for you best, the results you are getting out of each site, and which of those sites, you feel more comfortable working with.

Gianni Palazzo, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  13. Avabelle

Avabelle Peon

Best Answers:
    I used to love Digg - but it has changed and I don't use it anymore.
    Facebook and Twitter are a must!

Avabelle, Jan 26, 2013 IP
  14. anzilone

anzilone Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    StumbleUpon , the worlds largest discovery search engine and Delicious the traditional bookmarking site i think they are still worth. After the domination of Reddit, Digg is not worth more.

My top prefer for traffic is StumbleUpon, Reddit.

anzilone, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  15. infoway111

infoway111 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Social bookmarks on Stumbleupon works till today and will work in future. You can get huge amount of traffic to your site from Stumbleupon .

infoway111, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  16. Ephrils

Ephrils Member

Best Answers:
    Stumbleupon: You can get traffic from them but visitors don't usually stay long(unless it's interesting or compelling content) and are not in the buying mood. Once they get bored they'll hit that Stumble button and be off to the next site.
    Digg: I never got a lot of traffic from them to begin with. After they changed their entire interface(and a lot of visitors from changing over owners throughout the years) I lost interest myself. I just use it for a backlink every now and then. People don't go on Digg to buy either. They want to see the newest stories that the news may not be reporting.
    Delicious: I use them for a backlink if I remember they still exist.

I think you can get the visitors you want from Facebook and Twitter. Twitter can be hard to find someone in a buying mood, but CPA or Adsense may work well. Facebook can narrow down your campaigns to specific demographics or interests too, making your job a lot easier.

Ephrils, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  17. Tasu

Tasu Member

Best Answers:
    Hello, It makes sense to submit to them all. The more linkbacks and word spreading the better.

Tasu, Feb 4, 2013 IP
  18. malcsimm

malcsimm Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is no blanket answer - you have to be strategic. As other posters have hinted, it's all about what helps you achieve your goals: not about getting traffic.

The traffic needs to do something - sign up, buy something, etc or it's useless - or even harmful!

For example, last Friday I got a 323 visitor spike from Reddit after I had a chat with someone on there and dropped a link: but not a single one of those 323 visitors signed up or bought anything.

In fact, they just succeeded in damaging my visitor stats in Google's eyes - by looking at only 1.2 pages on average and, 95% of them, bouncing - leaving after looking at one page.

So I say: test out the platforms you mention for yourself. Reddit, StumbleUpon, Twitter are known for having the potential to send masses of poorly targeted traffic which bounces.

So the question needs to include: how *targeted* is the traffic that you generate via these platforms?

Testing for yourself is the answer and keeping an eye on your Google Analytics.

Malc :)

malcsimm, Feb 4, 2013 IP
  19. DexPedition

DexPedition Active Member

Best Answers:
    Reddit works best for news/blog websites. You just have to get it on the right subreddit and i can get over 500 visitors from posting 1 link to my website on Reddit.

DexPedition, Feb 5, 2013 IP
  20. actnews

actnews Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any of those websites can drive a good traffic to a website but the most important is the quality of the content and informations provided.
    you will not only get traffic but also subscriptions.

actnews, Feb 8, 2013 IP