1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Message To Mods/admin - 3 Likes

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by nich0las, Jan 22, 2013.

Not appreciating this new 3 likes rule.
    It means that despite having been on here for a couple of years, having good itrader and the new-fangled "trophy points" I can't post in some forums.
    Communication on this is not at all clear - I don't even know where people can "like" a post. Is it that I can't see it because I haven't got 3 likes myself?

Seems like a recipe for more spam posts from people trying to get posting rights.

Anyway please could you consider giving "grandfather rights" to people who are established members, have a certain number of trophy points (whatever they are) and or a good itrader record?

nich0las, Jan 22, 2013 IP
    jimmyn115 and Helvetii like this.
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If it's really that difficult to post something worthwhile, I really don't think posting lots of pointless posts are going to help you get any likes. All you have to do is post ONE good post. lol

But if you are unable to do that, you can get premium membership I suppose... but it's so easy to become an established member, it's silly really.

digitalpoint, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  3. nich0las

nich0las Active Member

Best Answers:
    Part of the problem is one of communication -
    I've suddenly found that I'm locked out of some forums ( no notification or explanation in advance) and it seems to be because of likes - but I can't see how you get likes.
    Is there a facility for anyone to like this thread? (not that i'm saying it deserves it) I don't know because there's nothing to tell me. How has anyone got likes? If you have to have 3 likes to be able to like someone else how did anyone get 3 likes in the first place? It's very confusing.

nich0las, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  4. GamingOn

GamingOn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To get likes post meaning ful posts. Give some advice on SEO & Online marketing this is one way to get likes. I like the like button and have helped on this forum some poeple and have gotten 3 likes. :D I already had them when the new system came out. :)

Anyway I hope this helps you and helps you understand how to get likes.

GamingOn, Jan 22, 2013 IP
    Helvetii likes this.
  5. ironcladservers

ironcladservers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will come fairly quickly, just give it a little time :) At first I also was below the 3 count but it didn't take long before I was good to go. If I was a new user I would prefer this to waiting X amount of days or have X amount of posts to be considered an 'established member'.

ironcladservers, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  6. jimmyn115

jimmyn115 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah it would be fine for new users, as it's something you would expect.

But for members who are already established in the marketplace to suddenly be classed as not established is a bit unfair i think.

They're the type of people who like to get things done rather than going around posting about it, and they're being punished for it!

jimmyn115, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  7. Freelance GD

Freelance GD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not to offend "anyone" but it seems like they want to generate some extra funds. I have been with the forums for like 6 years now and I am sure I have added quite a few things in the past to help other users. Suddenly I am peon and can't post in various forums. That's just absurd.

And also I dont know what you mean by likes because according to the stats, I have 85 likes. So, I need to have "new" 3 likes to become an established member.... huh! and I thought Kakapos are stupid...

Freelance GD, Jan 22, 2013 IP
    shenron likes this.
  8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You don't need any new likes, you just have to wait for the system to run it's hourly check. If it was about money, we wild just make you (and everyone) pay... But we aren't. So you are wrong.

9. retry

retry Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do really "agree" with nich0las here.

Alltough I see the point with having the "like" feature, for getting quality posts, and more value to the forum.
    However, imo, there are other ways users provide value. For example by beeing buyers in the BST threads.

retry, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Buying something from an random person on the Internet really doesn't provide value to this site actually... :)

11. retry

retry Active Member

Best Answers:

If no one buys, no one sells. The BST forums, are one of the most popular ones at digitalpoint. I would state that having people buy/sell things here, brings a lot of traffic.

retry, Jan 22, 2013 IP
    jimmyn115 likes this.
  12. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    100% agree with the changes that have been implemented, hopefully this will finally begin to combat the amount of sh*te people post on the forums. If you can't contribute good information and add to the community here, I don't think you should have the privilege of selling on the forums.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, Jan 22, 2013 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  13. xthracex

xthracex Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately, a lot of people probably think selling or buying a product *IS* adding to the community, specifically that of the BST community. The real issue is finding that we had privileges to do something one day, and none the next. It's understandable that people would be confused or frustrated at that. As for the money issues, I think the other poster meant the only alternative we have is to pay for a premium membership until we get the aforementioned 3 likes. Which is reasonable, to a degree....unless you're like me, someone who really only comes here when I need design services, etc. For what I use DP for, it's a wonderful resource...even if I "don't contribute good information" like some think I should.

xthracex, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  14. bunny2790

bunny2790 Member

Best Answers:
    where is the like button ? i didn't find anywhere . anybody help me out for that?

bunny2790, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  15. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Looks towards the bottom right, underneath your post. You'll find it there. ;)

WebDev Solutions, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  16. bunny2790

bunny2790 Member

Best Answers:
    No , i'll not im not a establish member i need a minimum 3 likes from establish member like you send me 1 like ill get 2nd one it will be help me. ;)

17. Daniel Diaz

Daniel Diaz Peon

Best Answers:
    you are funny bunny2790 :))

Daniel Diaz, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  18. bunny2790

bunny2790 Member

Best Answers:
    No, really im serious. if you want to establish member you do have minimum 3 likes that what i haven't ..:( webdev solution can help me out for that If he like my comment

19. Daniel Diaz

Daniel Diaz Peon

Best Answers:
    yea, i know. I need too :d

Daniel Diaz, Jan 23, 2013 IP
  20. Mark The Bull

Mark The Bull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Bunny you are still 2 LIKES away to become an Established Member then LIKE option would be visible for you also
    LIKE option is visible for established Member only (People who have 3 Likes)
    Regards

Mark The Bull, Jan 23, 2013 IP