1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New System Changes The Way Web Writer’s Get Clients At Dp

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by billaaa777, Jan 20, 2013.

WOW, things have now changed.

First, one of my biggest selling points was my “Feedback” ratings and past comments left by my previous customers.

It looks like they have all disappeared with the system change.

Second, you no longer send PM’s, but start conversations. It might be the same thing, but I cannot tell yet. It has an inbox, but you cannot look at what you have sent out previously.

Third, I can no longer place ads, because I do not have three “Likes”. But, when I look at the new site and try to determine how to “like” what somebody wrote, I cannot find the button.

If you know how to supply a “Like” on the new site, I would appreciate it if you posted it below.

Forth, there will defiantly be far less advertisements placed by people wanting content written for them, which will of course hurt all of us.

Fifth, if you used to get some your clients from DP also, what do you think about the new changes?

billaaa777, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Giving a like is easy, it's at the bottom right hand side of the post. I won't be giving these out easily but I gave one today. Someone made a very good post on my thread below a few days ago. I had commented previously that it was one of the best posts on my thread.
    Anyway it will all seem familiar in a few days and you will all find that it is a big improvement.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  3. alasdairsim

alasdairsim Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can only give likes if you have 3 likes yourself and are 'established.'

I can see why they made the change but it penalizes people who have been on DP for a while and use it for conducting business but haven't posted much in that time.

alasdairsim, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  4. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    I think otherwise, on the contrary it encourages members to contribute to the forum as posters. Look if you are trading on here for FREE and not giving anything back to the site well.......

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013
    Spoiltdiva, Jan 20, 2013 IP
    Live2Write likes this.
  5. alasdairsim

Best Answers:
    Providing a service for other members of the site is not giving anything back? OK.

6. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm ... how can providing a service for fee be called giving back?:confused:

To the OP...We better get used to this shift from 'all take no give' DP to 'give some and take some' model! Let us not take anything for granted .. even if it were to be from a free-to-join forum.

Live2Write, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  7. billaaa777

billaaa777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I been a member here for a very long time. I think some where around 8 years or so, maybe a little less.

I am upset that I lost all of my feedback, and I cannot post ads anymore.

But, most of all, there will be FAR FAR less people coming here looking for work to be done for them, because they will not be able to start threads either.

billaaa777, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  8. Frost1

Frost1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/transition-away-from-itrader.1942652/
    An announcement about this was posted back in 2010.

Both private messages that were sent and received will be located in your inbox/conversations.
    Everyone's already talking about it over at this thread.

Frost1, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  9. alasdairsim

Best Answers:
    Well, you are giving something to the other member of DP, keeping the BST section of the forum active at the same time. If people are making sales on DP then they will keep coming back and using the forum.

Look, the changes have been made, that is how it is. I made my point in another section of the forum and i'm leaving it at that. No doubt the majority of people are happy with the changes and that is what matters. No point in hammering on about something when there is actual work to be done.

Hope you get your 'likes' billaaa777.

10. Live2Write

Live2Write Active Member

Best Answers:
    You said it .. you've been a seasoned member so it makes your job easy - to get liked or positive rep'ed! Remember my friend 'change is the only constant' .. let's get used to it!

Live2Write, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  11. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:

Honestly, I don't think many people will get upset over this. A lot of iTrader was never even exchanged because deals were closed off DP after initial contact here. Not a big deal for me.

It takes some figuring out, but you can see everything you want to see. It's there.

What's the criteria for placing ads now?

Not really. Very few 'new' people come here to find workers anyway. The ones you see posting have been here in some capacity for quite some time.

I <3 them. So far, that is.

Senobia, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  12. billaaa777

billaaa777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Seriously, I missed an announcement from 2010, only 2 years ago. How could I have done that?

It is a big deal for me, because they helped me to get work. In addition, whenever I hired somebody I was checked their feedback to see what other people thought of them. In addition, I see in some other threads that there are quite a few people that feel like I do.

Sorry to tell you, but you are wrong about that. Not only did I find a great deal of work writing here, I also hired quite a few people that possessed skills that I do not have.

billaaa777, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  13. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How can a member of 8 years make only 191 posts and think they are contributing to the forums?

I like the idea of basing access to the marketplace upon contributions to the forums. You are using them as a way to make money. That is doing more to contribute to yourself than the forums.

Contributing to the forums would be coming to the Copywriting section of DP and joining in the conversation. Sharing your knowledge and helping new and younger writers build their business is contributing. Discussing the latest Google update and how it impacts what we do is contributing. Parlaying the participation of the rest of us into an opportunity for yourself to sell your services is far from being a contributing member of any community.

YMC, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  14. billaaa777

billaaa777 Active Member

Best Answers:

Thank you for providing an excellent example of why I choose not to post here too often.

Because if you saying anything that is at the least bit controversial, you are attacked by habitual posters like yourself.

15. TextServices

TextServices Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm still looking around, but so far, I think the people involved in making the changes have done a good job. I prefer this look much better than the previous one. I haven't come across any bugs and the forum just simply works.

Users are still able to check into other users to determine if they want to do business with them or not.

If people do business on this forum, they should contribute to the forum. Providing a service to other members is not contributing to the forum. It's providing a service. Selling something on the forum is not contributing to the forum. It's selling something.

If people use the knowledge and resources on this forum, they should give something back every once and awhile. How many times has someone asked a question, browsed threads, and picked up a tip, changed their SEO strategy, made a site change, or bookmarked a site?

How hard is it to participate in a discussion? How hard is it to jump in a thread every so often and share your opinion, offer knowledge, critique a site, ask a question, share a resource, share a simple tip, and the likes? Seriously. How many people take something away from this forum, have made money from this forum, used this forum to market themselves or service, and the likes and never give anything back? Not even something simple like reviewing a site, offering a tip, or answering a simple question. It's not like someone needs to spend 2+ hours a day posting on the forum or sharing your most guarded resources and money earning secrets. Is it really asking that much of someone to take a few minutes out of their day to participate on the forum? Is it really asking that much of someone to take a few minutes out of their day to contribute something, giving something back to the community? Is it really that hard to post and actually help another member out? Or, are people just in it for themselves?

We all have found something here of value in one form or another or we wouldn't be here. It's not really asking that much to ask that members meet certain criteria in order to have access to more on the forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    TextServices, Jan 21, 2013 IP
    SentoWeb and YMC like this.
  16. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was with you and was somewhat supportive of your position when you opened this thread. It can suck when sites you've been a long-term member of suddenly change the rules and make it harder to do business.

But, really 8 years and only 191 posts? On some forums, numbers like that would get your account disabled. Am I a habitual poster? Yep. I try to give back to this community as much as it has given to me. I've learned a great deal here from other generous members who have taken the time to share what they know.

Three likes shouldn't be all that hard to earn for someone who has been in this business as long as you have. Blaming my post which simply questioned your definition of being a "contributing member" is simply a cop-out.

Participate or not; it's up to you. But, apparently doing so is now the price of admission to the BST areas. You don't see it as a fair trade. The rest of us do.

YMC, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  17. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    You were not being "attacked". The member in question merely offered you their opinion. You gave yours right? It appears that while you can give it, you can't take it.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  18. billaaa777

billaaa777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Please explain when I gave it out.

19. Spoiltdiva

Best Answers:
    a
    At the risk of pointing out the obvious I am suggesting that in post #1, post #7, and post #12 you were giving us your opinions.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  20. billaaa777

billaaa777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dude, are you serious. Since when are you not allowed to state your opinions. Unless that is a new rule that I am unaware of.

Just for your information, there are quite a few other people who agree with my opinions and are stating them in some of the other threads mentioned above.

Always happens here, that is exactly why I rarely post, unlike some people that have nothing better to do than post on every thread.