1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feature New Site...

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by digitalpoint, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Safaseo

Safaseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey Dp man,

Congrats on the new digitalpoint! Seems everything's work smoothly great and fine on my end. :)
    Indeed, XenForo is really good. ;)

Thanks!
    Regards.

Safaseo, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  2. MSP2011

MSP2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's glad to see and it helps to create duplicate accounts specially people who just make 25 posts and than start buying and run away without paying.

MSP2011, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  3. Mark The Bull

Mark The Bull Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it is like that than I had also 30+ reps (Feedback or i-Trader) still in my Profile "Likes Received" is zero..kindly guide me about this incident...

Regards

Mark

Mark The Bull, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  4. Ramsesx

Ramsesx Active Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats Shawn, you've done a great job in converting to the new system. Hope your new baby will bring you luck and do everything what you expect from it.

Ramsesx, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  5. benjaminp

benjaminp Notable Member

Best Answers:

Your iTrader score is available in your profile under the marketplace tab. Though this system is no longer used and just there for reference.

Under yours I can see "Legacy iTrader rating: 25 - (96.3%)".

benjaminp, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  6. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats on getting everything moved over! Have been following your posts over at XF for a bit now, and figured it was just a matter of time. The new site is of course going to take some getting used to, as with anything, but I love it!

Nicely done!

WSWD, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  7. Powelly

Powelly Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    As a link buyer exchanges in many cases hundreds of messages per day the new layout could get confusing. I currently post a thread and let the offers come in, review the offers and make offers, as there are no folders anymore i think it will be difficult to manage all my orders,offers and possible future offers. If a message comes in i am unable to organise it in a specific structure other than looking through the conversions i have (20 pages currently). Is there a way to revert to the out layout? Although the new layout looks great i think the functionality of it for the work i do is lacking in comparison to the old version.

Could someone also advise me on where i can find my recently started threads so i can see what niches i have already posted, thanks.

Powelly, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  8. RoachBlogger

RoachBlogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    I like this version a lot more than the past. I know you have been working on this for a very long time and I am glad to see it completed now. I think you gave a bit of life into Xenforo and the trust of it's members again so congrats.

I like everything much more than the last. Think people just need to adapt to the change :D

RoachBlogger, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  9. Mark The Bull

Best Answers:
    Hi Shawn,

I was checking suggestion & feedback section and found one thread titled
    "Pm Inbox, Can't Find Folders Or Delete Multiple Messages"
    As far as I have knowledge, In this version of XF we cannot delete multiple conversation at once, however If admin can install add-on like "Conversation Manager" it will provide an extra feature Conversation Management, And Users will be able to select multiple conversations at once and choose whether to Mark as read, Unread or Leave.

It is just a suggestion if you can implement it, would be easy for all users to manage conversations.

Regards

10. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How to bump a thread?

karthimx, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  11. Serious Workers

Serious Workers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Using the following button, maybe?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    Serious Workers, Jan 21, 2013 IP
    karthimx likes this.
  12. rorymullen

rorymullen Member

Best Answers:
    I sure do like the spy area. It allows me to see real time post, allowing me to have a better chance at helping people.

rorymullen, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  13. Mark3121

Mark3121 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Looks and feels great, always love using forums with XF :cool:

There are no security flaws in XF lol. I think the only one I ever saw was a 3rd party swf uploader issue which was fixed straight away.

Moving forward your be looking at XF for years on here as VB5 is utter garbage code wise :)

Mark3121, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  14. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, like this buggy painfully slow steaming pile of bloated manure isn't? If the front end code is any sign of what's going on under the hood, they were better off before... a SCARY thought given what a hunk of junk vBull has been since v4.

I mean when it's outputting complete ***tardery like:

<dl class="pairsInline">
                           <dt>Message Count:</dt>
                           <dd><a href="search/member?user_id=708043" class="concealed">54</a></dd>
                       </dl>

<dl class="pairsInline">
                           <dt>Likes Received:</dt>
                           <dd>3</dd>
                       </dl>

<dl class="pairsInline">
                           <dt>Best Answers:</dt>
                           <dd>1</dd>
                       </dl>
    <dl class="pairsInline">
    <dt>Trophy Points:</dt>
                           <dd><a href="members/msp2011.708043/trophies" class="OverlayTrigger concealed">23</a></dd>
                       </dl>

Code (markup):
    Or even better things like fieldsets without forms, abusing lists on obviously tabular data, repeatedly restating what should be TH with SCOPE as inlined text... static inlined scripting, static inlined style, definition lists EVERYWHERE for no **** reason apart from developer ineptitude... doesn't really inspire confidence for what's going on under the hood.

That this steaming pile is wasting a megabyte on jquery asshattery for a forums that shouldn't need more than 50k of scripting for ANYTHING, 165k of CSS for christmas only knows what (no reason to be more than 40k most likely), multiple recursive document calls (which shouldn't even be possible unless the scripting is screwing up), endless pointless iframed crap (resulting in a total of 484k of markup being transferred)... The word ineptitude is truly appropriate... and that's BEFORE talking about the noodle-doodle lack of semantics, endless pointless DIV for nothing...

Or that none of it is being served compressed... Though that's not Xenforo's fault.

deathshadow, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  15. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, it'll take some time to get used to this XenForo thing. Overall, it's a good move IMO.
    Though I yet to explore every other thing I love on DP, I already started loving it.

Abhik, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  16. Mark The Bull

Best Answers:
    Yes we need to improve ourself a little bit to become familiar withXF. we can guide each other with the XF features that we are familiar to. This new change will for sure stop spammers and this is what we were actually looking for so cheer up guys say thanks to DP for this great effort.

17. Shelley_c

Shelley_c Member

Best Answers:
    Popped over to say congrats again and looking exceptional. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    Shelley_c, Jan 21, 2013 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  18. KW802

KW802 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That is not even stock XF code. ;)

KW802, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  19. RoachBlogger

RoachBlogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Xenforo is no where near a perfect forum software but in my personal experience it is much better than vBulletin. Major slowness is down to re indexing I would presume as was said back in this post. So all should settle down or be improved over the time as DP settles down to use on Xenforo.

That been said, the whole idea of moving was for planning the future for DP. The coding and platform is much easier to work with and create other, improved features so there is nothing to worry about Xenforo. It is a sound platform for DP to be working with.

RoachBlogger, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  20. tavenger5

tavenger5 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Really? ~80 requests per new thread page, and ~40 on repeat views a steaming pile? I see many examples of optimization going on, but I'm sure some aren't in place yet (like compressed output, cleaning up JS, etc)

tavenger5, Jan 21, 2013 IP