1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Need Help For My Career

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by shubhambarot, Jan 21, 2013.

hey frnds
    i am confused which language i should learn HTML or PHP to create website.

which language has more bright future....

please help me.......

thanks regards......

shubhambarot, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  2. ironcladservers

ironcladservers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You're comparing 2 different things here. Even if you choose to learn PHP, you'll still need to know your HTML since its what the visitors browser uses to display a page to you, but PHP is what the server uses to determine what HTML to spit out.

ironcladservers, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  3. mustcatchit

mustcatchit Banned

Best Answers:
    You have to learn both languages. HTML is MUST...
    First learn HTML and then PHP..

mustcatchit, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  4. abusschaert

abusschaert Active Member

Best Answers:
    Before you learn each language, learn the difference of ALL the languages. It will help you make your decision. But you are going to have to learn both, it all comes down to what you wanna learn first.

abusschaert, Jan 21, 2013 IP
    Serious Workers likes this.
  5. MonsteRNaruto

MonsteRNaruto Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you start with HTML then learn CSS then php and JS, Also one of the main things is patience as you need to stick with it, even if its 1 Hour a day Not learn for 1 day out of a week it needs to be pretty much you learning everyday with maybe 1 day off a week, and also doing all the small example sites in the books, and videos set out for you is also good as its tends to make you remember more, youtube the new bosten and he has some great videos for learners. Hope this helped.

MonsteRNaruto, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  6. Raikiri

Raikiri Active Member

Best Answers:
    HTML and CSS are both what you need to start. HTML is the bones of the website and CSS gives it style, colours, positioning, etc. They are both easy to learn.

Once you figure them out, PHP is used for more complicated functions, dynamic websites and using databases etc, and you can also learn other languages like Javascript. Python is an alternative to PHP also.

Raikiri, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  7. Hefaistos

Hefaistos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    HTML is definitely required , but you can't create bigger projects without some knowledge about php.

Hefaistos, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  8. jason006

jason006 Peon

Best Answers:
    PHP is best.. Surely, you find it a great and growing field.. PHP is a vast and very technical field skill.. HTML is just a basic language for all languages so don't worry you should learn HTML too before PHP . Therefore, you get knowledge about both..

jason006, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  9. data-analyse

data-analyse Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say actually to start off with HTML, and create a static page, and get used to positioning things etc. Then dive into a simple PHP page, then from there, once you get a pretty solid feel for it, i say take a look at wordpress, PHP is the foundation for Wordpress, and will teach you the next level for PHP programming, and get you used to the methods that are used when creating advanced websites.

data-analyse, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  10. deekay.caglin

deekay.caglin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Html, php, css, etc follow it all.

deekay.caglin, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  11. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Both language are fine and both have great future. Here you needs to be decide, which you have great command on HTML or PHP/MySQL.

creativewebmaster, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  12. scottlpool2003

scottlpool2003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good piece of advise is to not get left behind. A common misconception by many is that hey, I know HTML and CSS. Then what happens? Standards change, different ways of doing things happen. Its vitally important to keep up with the ever changing standards in any technological environment not just web development.

I personally think for a total newbie, it would be best tackling 2 things at once but in 1 environment. Its called responsive design. This is becoming pretty much standard now, so I think it would be useless you simply using HTML/CSS unless you focus entirely on designing/developing for web AND mobile devices. I think this because it is probably going to take you years to master. I've been going for quite a few years and I'm by far a master. If its going to take you years, I personally feel that web browsers will be phasing out and mobile/tablet devices will be the predominant devices on the market. Its already happening. Outside of work, the last time I used a laptop/PC must have been months ago! Why do I need to if all I'm doing is browsing?

So yeah, learn CSS/HTML but focus on responsive design. Once you've learnt this, move on up to PHP5 (object orientated) and MySQL (using PDO/MySQLi) and more importantly, read, read, read! You have to keep up with modern standards!

scottlpool2003, Jan 23, 2013 IP