1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Does Everyone Think Of The New Digital Point Forum?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by MobileInternet, Jan 20, 2013.

1. edango

edango Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think they're trying to move from iTrader because of the amount of management and headaches it caused. Plus the simple fact that it was difficult to validate if money even changed hands so people would "exchange" itraders to boost their ratings. I am curious to see what other systems they put into place to help regulate the Marketplace, as I know its a top area for tons of people.

I'm definitely A-OK with more verification, especially to designate a user's location, maybe with the other systems in place, they'll consider some level of feedback for "verified" transactions on the marketplace? That could be handy

Edit -> exploring more options in my profile, appears they already implemented the above verified transactions, definitely going to be giving it a try!

edango, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  2. Mirodenia

Mirodenia Active Member

Best Answers:
    First I thought it was hacked...It is a little difficult for me to browse but I can survive. Less black is good, is more fresh and open the new look. Ain't it finish I think.

Mirodenia, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  3. linksboy

linksboy Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, i can see my itrader there. The most difficut part is to make 3 minimum like :)

linksboy, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  4. RoachBlogger

RoachBlogger Active Member

Best Answers:
    I sort of agree with that one. I think that system is sort of backwards.

Here is my thoughts. The main selection of people who can like content is the people who are in the position to sell currently. Why would they like someone else's content and allow them to sell as it would most likely create more competition in the marketplace and therefore cut down on there own sales.

RoachBlogger, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  5. linksboy

linksboy Member

Best Answers:
    That's right, the shortcut is you spend $25 to register premium member. how lucky they are that already became 'true member' :(

linksboy, Jan 21, 2013 IP
    digitalpoint likes this.
  6. edango

edango Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I somewhat disagree actually, I might be mistaken but I think a good majority of the "established" members don't sell in the marketplace, I think the "likes" is in place to help combat some of the low quality / SPAM that's been appearing in the marketplace and to help buyers find more quality work, nothing wrong with that. Plus, people that are selling services that don't want to take the time to receive "likes" can I also pay to be a premium member, it's still insanely cheap compared to any other marketplace / job posting site (except for maybe craigslist?)

edango, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  7. RoachBlogger

Best Answers:
    I do agree with what you are saying, I just feel there will be a bit of selfishness on who can sell or whatever appearing. I do think it works much better than the last idea though.

8. edango

edango Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Yeah I can definitely see where you're coming from and honestly, I wonder what would be the best method? Majority of places online require CC verify or money to "prove" yourself but that's still not a great method ultimately. I wonder if a phone verify / paypal verify plus being an established member is an accurate way, I don't know actually but I'll be highly curious to see if this helps or improves the Marketplace area.

edango, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  9. RoachBlogger

Best Answers:
    Not matter which way anyone goes about it there will still be a lot of scams existing. Hopefully this system will cut it down and also not make too many people selfish to give out likes.

10. UnderWaterPc

UnderWaterPc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree because ppl are not liking someone else to make they sales hard more ppl there creates competition for other dont get me wrong I love the new look, It says i only made 2 transactions here which i have made more but who counts that..

UnderWaterPc, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  11. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure what all of that would prove. So you have a nice pleasing voice and you have a paypal account so what? This way one can judge your character by your posts.(opinions, mindset etc.) I believe that is a better indicator of wether you are a trustworthy trader than a prompted or bought iTrader score.

Spoiltdiva, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  12. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think its a huge improvement, and its heading in the right direction.

James Byun, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  13. Focl

Focl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I dont like it, most new message system & navigation. I want back old DP :(

Focl, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  14. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    a new design and a few changes is not what will make me come back regularly on DP, and i'm glad i don't spend that much time today as I was years ago -- so i can actually do something useful and keep myself productive on other tasks, instead of wasting time and reading the same recycled content over and over again on this forum. I don't even have a sig or an avatar because I care that much.

wounded1987, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  15. RoachBlogger

Best Answers:
    To be honest I think you massively underestimate the amount of work, time, effort and even money that has gone into this haha. Nonetheless there is a bigger step in the right direction as this forum seems taking the direction into becoming more of a community than just a sale yard.

16. Linktub

Linktub Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I hear you on that. How else would they regulate it? These people screaming bloody murder on 3 likes is a little ridiculous. And people that have 1000's of messages still posting on here about what garbage DP has become. To me, I think DP should make Country of Origin a default. Indians and Indonesians should try and optimize sites in their own countries. It's obvious to me as much as it would be to Google about quality marketing. I mean, they could enter into America / UK sub-domains of DP but maybe have a country of origin filter or something. Let them go to Elance and Odesk for work and come here to learn.

Linktub, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  17. redlandgames

redlandgames Active Member

Best Answers:
    Slowly getting used to it , although i was miffed to see i cant sell or buy till my likes get to the threshold.

redlandgames, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  18. Mr victor

Mr victor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually it seems hard now to navigate via the site sections but the new update is nice I like it with time all will adapt

Mr victor, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  19. BncApps

BncApps Member

Best Answers:
    The only thing I hate is the requirement of likes! I came here trying to post up my new product for sale, but I can't as I need the 3 likes. Anybody care to help? ;)

BncApps, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  20. thexyz

thexyz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I like the streamlined design and the new rules like becoming an "established member" are sure to reduce spammers and fly by night kind of posts. Nice work!

thexyz, Jan 22, 2013 IP