1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How many backLinks are required to get Google Page Rank?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by zebrathemes, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied Banned

Best Answers:
    You do not only get a high Google PR by getting backlinks. You will mainly be needing traffic in large amounts. Also do not concentrate on the PR all the time, that will come automatically.

Elfen Lied, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  2. eyesight

eyesight Member

Best Answers:
    One can not say precisely. Again this is not the number that matters rather the quality of backlink matters.

eyesight, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  3. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's not quantity.. it's quality. On the last PR update, I had a 3 week old health blog jump to a pr2. I had a total of 14 backlinks.. all from comments on other blogs.

Conversely, I've seen sites with thousands of backlinks at a PR1.

Quality.

war_machine, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  4. andersonsjohn

andersonsjohn Banned

Best Answers:
    If you get high page ranked domains pointing to your site then your website also get PR.
    The links must be dofollow if you are focusing on the PR only.
    If your goal is to get the higher ranks then get both the dofollow and nofollow links

andersonsjohn, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  5. afoley77

afoley77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Quality backlinks means those backlinks that are incoming from the relevant and reputed sites. For example, Suppose your website is an electronics related website, then quality back link means a link of your website with your website's keyword on other website related to your website( in terms of business or keywords, location). Google now becomes more strict therefore only those sites survive in Google search results who work with relevancy and quality work. And also there is not an exact numbers of back link,you should have to do regular SEO, creating quality back links, if you are doing directory submission, then you have to keep patience, because directory submission's result take a long time.

afoley77, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  6. Rohan Das

Rohan Das Active Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the relevant links, PR of the linking pages and Outbound links of the linking pages.
    Suppose your site is related with Health. If you collect a link from a relevant health site with link page PR2 and the Outbound links of the page is 10. Then your PR will be : PR=0.15+[0.85 X {(PR of the link page)/(OBL of the Link page)}]
    So,
    PR gain for collecting that link is =0.15+(0.85 X 2/10)

And if you collect some multiple relevant links, that will be summation of PR gain for that linking pages.

Thanks

Rohan Das, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  7. SamDenial

SamDenial Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Its not about quantity, it about quality. You should try to get links from high Pr authority websites and yes it should be relevant as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2013
    SamDenial, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  8. nehasoft

nehasoft Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There is no criteria set for the backlinks the matter is only that the quality of backlinks matter the most.If you are getting high pr and do follow links than your site will come in rank very soon.

nehasoft, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  9. efortuneglobalsolutions

efortuneglobalsolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    Competitive market , seo is ongoing activity and you need to continue link building otherwise competitiors will grab the position what you achieve. dont go for limit link building but go for quality link building even if its less. google looks for authority site and link building to those sites will give value to you. normally google needs time to give PR update but PR is also not the important factor everytime. some sites come in good ranking with less PR than site with better PR. It always relevant anchor text towards your site matters a lot.

efortuneglobalsolutions, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  10. georgedosen

georgedosen Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is so true. Backlinks from low quality sites might even harm your page rank. Get backlinks from authority sites from your niche.

georgedosen, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  11. article-spider

article-spider Member

Best Answers:
    @ Zebrathemes,
    its the quality of the backlinks that counts no quantity. also concentrate on building links naturally.
    you don't have to add links every single day.
    your on page optimisation is also very important.

article-spider, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  12. easycommerce

easycommerce Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No more back links required to get high page rank through eh google. Now after update the Google algorithm panda & penguin it require quality content to improve all sort of seo aspects :)

easycommerce, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  13. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    PR not only depend on backlinks. You should provide also unique contents with comprehensive topics. Site's age is also a factor. If all of these is right for you, then simply wait for 1 or 2 more months, It might change.

atsad, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  14. zebrathemes

zebrathemes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all of you for sharing your views and knowledge about PR..............I have submitted my site in high PR directories and have started commenting on Dofollow blogs........And i am waiting for google update.........

zebrathemes, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  15. love2all

love2all Member

Best Answers:
    To me, it not depend on quanltity of backlinks...................Mostly it depend on backlinks from relevant and strong Sites.
    Moreover, quailty content and daily unique visitors can also affect on PR increased.

love2all, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  16. MIYABI

MIYABI Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the source on how to get a pagerank for your site : http://tnx.net/google-pr.php

MIYABI, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  17. thosino

thosino Member

Best Answers:
    You can not decide that how many backlinks are required to get good rank of your site.

thosino, Jan 24, 2013 IP
  18. zebrathemes

zebrathemes Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey people finally i got PR for my website.......My preseverance paid off..........Now its page rank is 1............

zebrathemes, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  19. Amit Kumar Mondal

Amit Kumar Mondal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    congrats !!!!

Amit Kumar Mondal, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  20. PioneerGlobal

PioneerGlobal Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Con grates, Google has updates their page rank in feb.. I am happy your page rank is increase, my website's page rank is also increase on this updates...

PioneerGlobal, Feb 7, 2013 IP