1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Marketplace-ebook PDF upload fails

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by _jc, May 12, 2012.

Hi,Everything in the form to setup my ebook sales in Marketplace works, except uploading my ebook PDF file. It stalls a 95% or 96% and never completes. The progress bar stays animated, no errors are reported - it just never completes.File size is 8,431 MB. The PDF was created using MS-Word 2010 and the PDF/A format (to stop editing of ebook in Adobe Reader, etc.).This format works fine through Clickbank, in my LinkLok download protection program or when I send a copy to people for their review.Any ideas?Thanks All!

_jc, May 12, 2012 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What browser are you using? I wonder if it's self-imposing a 8MB upload limit or something (our servers allow up to 64MB, so it's not the servers).

Any chance you could try a different browser just to see?

digitalpoint, May 12, 2012 IP
  3. _jc

_jc Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shawn - Should have mentioned that it's the same in MSIE-9 and with the latest Google Chrome. Is there a way to use FTP? Or another upload method? DropBox?

_jc, May 12, 2012 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmmm... I just tested it with Google Chrome (version 18.0.1025.168), and just as a test I uploaded as 16.3MB PDF and it seemed to work okay.

What's your upload speed on your Internet connection? I wonder if maybe the upload itself is just taking too long and the request times out to the server or something...

digitalpoint, May 13, 2012 IP
  5. _jc

_jc Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the test - good to know.Just ran a www.DSLreports.com speed test (SF to LA Flash type test) and got 184 Kbits/sec. on MSIE 9 and 239 Kbits/Sec. on Chrome (intersting). It's an ADSL connection from Windows 7 Home Premium.Will try Chrome upload again. maybe it's something about the PDF/A format I use for copy protection? That's a checkbox option when "save as..." MS-Word 2010 docx to PDF format.

_jc, May 13, 2012 IP
  6. _jc

_jc Peon

Best Answers:
    Still fails at 95%. I'm running a version 20 "dev-m" version of Chrome - for some speed testing a couple of months ago. Going to uninstall that and try the regular public version. Failing that fix, is there any other way to get this PDF to you? Or should I give up on selling it here.Thanks for all your efforts :eek:)

_jc, May 13, 2012 IP
  7. _jc

_jc Peon

Best Answers:
    Failed again with new Chrome browser (same version as yours). Gave it 22 minutes after it stalled at 91% with progress bar still animated.

History:
    1. Old Chrome, old PDF: failed on 96%
    2. New PDF, old Chrome: failed at 95%
    3. New PDF, new Chrome: failed at 91%

I'm out of ideas...

Last edited: May 13, 2012
    _jc, May 13, 2012 IP
  8. serialen

serialen Guest

Best Answers:
    the same problem ....maximum 72% uploading with firefox... chrome 15%...prf file size is 6,68 mb

serialen, Jun 9, 2012 IP
  9. superflay

superflay Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello guys, 3 days ago i could upload to marketplace without a problem but now i am trying to update the file with a newer version (v1.1) so i have the Upload file button but on Firefox,Opera,and IE is not working at all. I notised that during the load of the page i don't get errors but it pops up "install additional plugin" and when i allow it and it scans for the plugin it doesn't find anything. Is it possible a moderator/admin to upload it for me the file please (it has 800 kb )

superflay, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think this should be fixed now.

digitalpoint, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  11. superflay

superflay Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hello, :( sorry not exactly. After i select the file to upload the "Upload file" button transforms into a loading bar with no progress and to the left of it there are 3 small lines (loading progress?) and to the right an x (delete) and it just remains like this.

superflay, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  12. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Can you try flushing your browser cache? There was some new JS involved, although I can't think of anything that would cause what you are seeing.

digitalpoint, Jan 20, 2013 IP