1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need help and estimated cost regading this CMS project

Discussion in 'PHP' started by umer421, Jan 18, 2013.

Hi Guys .

Currently I am running 3,4 blogs on blogger (images, videos and articles). but as I have other commitments as well, I am unable to give much time to blogs, so I need some people who contribute on my blogs, for this purpose, I want to have a cms site on joomla , I need your assistance in this regard

Would you please let me know is it easy to migrate from blogger to joomla cms web ?
    and following is the description of my cms web project

when a person visit the web, he see 2 options, either to get registered as an affiliate or a content writer.

Affiliates:

earnings, stats, history, payment options, etc
    Plus, I need to have a facebook scheduler (like post cron) aswell so that the affiliates can add their facebook pages and the scheduler automaically post links on their selected pages, and the payment is made as per the visits from their refers.

Content writer:

when a member submits his content , its get queued for approval, once it is approved, it is automatically posted on my relevant blog and the amount is credited in members account.

Also tell me if there is any free way to do this .. so that I can atleast test it, whether it is feasible or not, and then buy the webspace, scripts, etc
    looking for your guide:)

umer421, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is it easy? That depends on how much experience you have. If you have to ask, you probably don't have enough experience to do it yourself. How much will it cost? Probably more than you want to pay, unless you find a cheap developer. Then you don't get what you really want, so you have to hire another cheap developer, who also doesn't give you what you really want, so you hire ... you get the idea. So either you pay more than you want to pay, or you pay even more than that.

Writing computer programs (that's what a website is) isn't something you can do without experience, and people who have experience want to get paid for having it.

Rukbat, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  3. firman01

firman01 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It will take approximately about 3-4weeks long for your request. (it could be less or more, depends)
    1. The developer will have to convert blogger blog posts to the new CMS which is joomla for your case.
    2. The developer will have to create several custom module for the joomla.

So then you will need to find a programmer/developer.
    Some programmer will do the job for $5/hour and some wanted $50/hour.

1 day approximately is 8 hour of work.
    so let say you found the person that willing to take this project for $10/hr rate in 3 weeks time,
    then you will have to pay him: $10 * 8 * (3 * 7) = $1680
    But you will be quite lucky to get someone to do this for $10/hr in 3 weeks milestone. (IMHO)

firman01, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  4. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You forgot the fact that a developer who charges $50/hour usually takes a lot less time than one who works for $5/hour. (When you consider that flipping hamburgers at McDonald's earns you about $7.50/hour, can you really call someone who thinks he's worth $5/hour a "developer"? Of anything, let alone websites?)

Rukbat, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  5. firman01

Best Answers:
    I partially agree with you if the resource is coming from US or UK.
    You could get more affordable developer(s) from Asia. For $20 or $30/hr you could hire experienced programer/developer that most probably could do what the OP want in less than 3-4 weeks.
    My point is, most of developer/programmer will not feel happy to work under $10/hr, so the quality of the work could be compromised. Give more value and respect to them, and you will get the best effort possible by them :)

firman01, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  6. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And if he didn't, your only recourse is to hire someone else and write off the $500 you thought was a good price. If the developer is local (in the US or the UK) you may pay more, but you know the work will get done or you won't end up paying.

Many Asian "developers" advertise that they'll do a project for what would be $2/hour or so. (Of course they won't do anything after the initial payment.) A real programmer, who can get $40/hour or more (plus benefits) in an office, isn't going to be happy getting $20 or $30/hour doing it all himself, unless he's a beginner and he's going to have to do it over and over before he gets it to the point that you like it. (And you pay per hour for all that "over and over" - so it ends up more expensive than that experienced $50/hour developer.)

Rukbat, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  7. firman01

Best Answers:
    I have to disagree with your second opinion.
    It's because monthly salary of 2 year experienced php programmer in here (Indonesia) is only about $400-$800/month. And a 5year experienced php programmer is about $800-$1200 / month.
    and ofcourse they will be very happy to do a quite simple task that OP wanted for $20-$30/hour.

KellyService Indonesia Salary Guide: http://www.expat.or.id/business/IndonesiaSalaryGuide-2011-2012.pdf

firman01, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  8. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And I have to disagree with the basic philosophy, because regardless of how good the programmer may be, and regardless of how little money he's willing to take, if he takes the money and doesn't do any work, the client has no practical recourse. The price of hiring an attorney in Indonesia, unless the client is in Indonesia, to recover the money will far exceed the amount recovered.

Rukbat, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  9. firman01

Best Answers:
    The OP were asking how much budget he would need if he wanted to build something. He is not explicitly asking to get the developer from which part of the world.

About your philosophy, how can you judge a book by just looking at is cover? I'm not implying which country are better from one another, but there are some Asian developer that have good reputable and sufficient skills in DP (since we are talking in DP) and many people seems happy to work with them.

firman01, Jan 22, 2013 IP