1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Keyword Tracker - local Google position, not Google.com

Discussion in 'Keyword Tracker' started by pixio, Jan 19, 2013.

Hi there!

Can you tell me how can i get keywords position for local Google not Google.com with Keyword Tracker Tool? It seems to me that by default, the script seeks only in Google.com.

Thanks!

pixio, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Local as in for a certain country?

digitalpoint, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  3. pixio

pixio Member

Best Answers:
    Yes!

pixio, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Funny you should ask... the new version we rolled out this morning allows exactly that. When you add a keyword to Google, you can optionally pick a specific country.

digitalpoint, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  5. pixio

pixio Member

Best Answers:
    Funny indeed :) great to see this option finally available, i was expecting it for few years, about 3 years ago i edited your script to force specific country, but i never felt it was functioning like it should. As far as i've seen this option cannot be added to existing keywords, right? So i should delete all keywords and add them again?

I have another question, it's a bit off topic.. it seems the tracker is also counting the image results and other types of "media" from Google listing, is that right? Not saying that is not OK, but i haven't found any info about that through Help section and i'm not sure.

Great man, great app :)

PS: seems that with the new version, the "Charts" are not working, do you know anything about that? (see the attached image)

Attached Files:

pixio, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There's not a way to update existing keyword/URL combos for a certain country (that would be a bit strange because it would essentially invalidate all your historical data if we allow it).

The system counts placement for any types of documents returned in search (not just web pages)... basically we are just reporting on what Google gives us.

The charts should be working again...

digitalpoint, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  7. pixio

pixio Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you! All good now, i deleted & added all records, will check next days how's everything!

pixio, Jan 23, 2013 IP