1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is a college degree in business worth it?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Mysticwonton, Jan 6, 2012.

1. BrassDash

BrassDash Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to be an entrepreneur, it's not essential.

If you want a better chance of getting a job, it's essential.

But never forget that college degrees do not guarantee success/a job.

BrassDash, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  2. gajjarcompressor

gajjarcompressor Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you college degree for job prospect but business management degree very help for do the business.

gajjarcompressor, Feb 24, 2012 IP
  3. sharonlee

sharonlee Peon

Best Answers:
    The biggest advantage of having a college degree is that you will earn a lot more than high school graduates. And if you have a degree in business, which is not one of the most sought after programs for no reason, you are likely to be on the higher curve of the pay scale.

However, there are many other benefits of business degrees – you will have skills that can be applied to any industry, you are likely to be offered strategic or leadership roles in an organization, you will have the knowledge to launch your own venture someday, etc.

The only downside of a college degree that I can see is the cost. But I also think that over time, you will be able to make enough to pay back your loan and enjoy a good standard of living.

collegeamerica.edu/business

sharonlee, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  4. Consultant Junction

Consultant Junction Peon

Best Answers:
    See it upon you, there are several answers you have already got from users. Study is very important not only for business as well as for your social life. It makes your mind to think, to learn, to achieve etc. study/education forms the part of knowledge which one gains from the books, internet or similar other sources. Knowledge is a a broader term which includes a component of self-learning, first-hand experience, as we say but it has a limitation as one can't do everything on its own.One has to learn about other's work and only then he/she can process that information according to him/her. Thinking is not that bad but to think you should have knowledge about the object/task about which you are thinking and it comes after studying.
    *one side-effect about too much thinking is that you end up looking like a lost person.this has happened with me :) :p

with regards,
    Consultant Junction

Consultant Junction, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  5. CasanovaPro

CasanovaPro Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's always good to have a degree in something because if something doesn't work, you have the degree to fall back on.

You also have to weigh out your options and ask yourself what do you really want to do with the business degree. If you are entrepreneur and then is not necessary but make sure you master that craft before dropping out of college.

CasanovaPro, Mar 14, 2012 IP
  6. rohiteshwar

rohiteshwar Peon

Best Answers:
    You can opt for online degree it will save your money and time........

rohiteshwar, Mar 26, 2012 IP
  7. brocrastinator

brocrastinator Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm about to receive my B.S.B.A in Marketing from Elon University and it's an experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. Yes, college is expensive, but having a degree puts you light years ahead of 99% of people without one in the job market. For most high paying positions, they won't even consider you if you don't have a 4-year college degree. Even most jobs in civil service now-a-days (police, Military officer, etc) prefer or require a 4-year college degree in the US.

Many colleges also have beneficial career services programs, hold career fairs, bring in employers to interview, etc. I've already received and signed a job offer from a company, in much part thanks to my school. One of the big factors in receiving my job was my internet marketing background, which made me feel awesome about all the time I spend online maintaining and marketing my websites.

brocrastinator, Mar 27, 2012 IP
  8. moises.kline

moises.kline Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course it is. Business is the backbone of the American economy. Look for an accredited college (online or on-campus) with solid student and career services and rigorous programs. I’m reviewing the online business programs offered by Independence University at the moment (reading a student review of Independence University) because I’d like to be able to study and work at the same.

moises.kline, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  9. marketingexpert10

marketingexpert10 Peon

Best Answers:
    Pros :-> Expanding four years for a degree in a college gives a chance to meet various people of various region and it leads how to work in a group and other things.
    college is not only for the degree.
    Cons:- Investment of money and time if you are not learning anythings.

But choice is yours that what do you want to do in life.

marketingexpert10, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  10. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Go to College and get your degree. Go for something you feel you are going to enjoy and pursue as a career.

If college isn't for you look in to technical schools that offer equivalent degrees or at least marketable certifications.

If you choose not to further your education you may 1. find yourself going back later in life 2. regretting it and never going back 3. working a dead end job or 4. not giving it a second thought.

While it's true that statistically holding a degree may make you more money in your life span it's also a reality that what you studied 4 years for could make you less than the mexican who works for himself cutting your lawn. The bottom line is go for what you want to go for.

NetStar, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  11. SEO Magician

SEO Magician Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Get a degree. Stay in school. Get yourself a Master's if you can. It may not seem like much, but having the degree on your resume will open doors. Here's an article on Network World explaining while those college drop-outs are bad role models.

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2012/070212-tech-ceo-college-260546.html

Hope this helps. Stay in school. You'll thank yourself later.

Jon

SEO Magician, Jul 6, 2012 IP
  12. adalinaabella

adalinaabella Peon

Best Answers:
    We can not say that the degree is gonna worth at all. But if are want take degree with continuing your job then you will have to join Online Degree Classes I think this is gonna best for you. If we consider our current environment of education then Online learning is one of the best option. While choice is yours, you will have to decide what do you really wants to do.

Business School Online

adalinaabella, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  13. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    If your climbing up the the ladder, like everyone else, you have to achieve the same level of value for starters which is a "degree".

Which ends up costing a nice pretty chunk of change, but if you can consider to afford it.

The real knowledge is from, things you learn on your own that can be for the "market". Also you need to have a plan, for both, even if your not going to school or going back to school (after when you graduate)

James Byun, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  14. indmoss

indmoss Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I owned a traditional business before I earned my business degree. The program was of little value to me. It was geared toward teaching someone to work for a business, not to own one. On that note, I will say that accounting classes are very useful.

indmoss, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  15. Adeel.ahmed233

Adeel.ahmed233 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to do your own business. It is not worth it. Learn marketing, get a great product/service to sell and make the fortune. You can learn everything free nowadays. Degree is for Job seekers.

Adeel.ahmed233, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  16. cjp214

cjp214 Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. To me, the big dichotomy is whether you want to be an employee or an entrepreneur. The degree leads you naturally down the employee path. If your ultimate goal is to become the CEO of a huge company, it's not a bad move. But if being an entrepreneur is more important to you, I think (generally) it isn't worth it. It helps if you don't care about the "prestige" of a college degree, too.

With that being said, it's still a question that should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. What works for you might not work for most other people, etc.

Good luck,

Corey

cjp214, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  17. MarTh-

MarTh- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What my grandpa told me was it's important what degree you are going after. Some degrees have more weight in certain businesses than others. For example Accounting, Hard Sciences, Business, Finance will have a lot of real world use, but many 4 yr degrees arent bad. Overall it seems worth it, but at the same time the world doesn't owe you a living.

MarTh-, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  18. Bigbash

Bigbash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Good companies always search for good college degree. Hence, it would be beneficial for you. $1000 a month is not that high price. So I think you should go for it.

Bigbash, Jan 20, 2013 IP