1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Please Review This Internet And Software Related Blog

Discussion in 'Websites' started by aniroy1986, Jan 13, 2013.

Can you give some honest reviews on Wave Of Web?
    It's a blog about software, webmaster and web related tips and tricks. It's 4 years old.
    Though nowadays I don't find much time to write posts, still I care about it and write whenever I get the enthusiasm :)
    I would like to know what you think about it. Is the design good? What about the content? Do you feel like visiting it again?
    Let me know anything that I can improve on.

aniroy1986, Jan 13, 2013 IP
  2. bobbyt

bobbyt Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just have a quick glance at your site. The layout is clean and well organized. However, it certainly could use some more modern features such as Twitter app and Facebook page app on the sidebar. Your category is also not quite visible, hidden in the drop down menu. I think a decently designed logo will be good too. Lastly, of course, the content is a little outdated, which you already mentioned.

I don't mind visiting it every now and then if there are new articles of interest published there.

bobbyt, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  3. OOPS.ee

OOPS.ee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Totally agreed with bobbyt, site is pretty clean, but it's too much clean.. It looks like you made it in 5 minutes via QuickInstall or something.. Just bring something cool, something exclusive to your blog, like bobbyt said, add logo..

That's gonna work.. And all the best :)

OOPS.ee, Jan 14, 2013 IP
  4. aniroy1986

aniroy1986 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I added new Facebook fan page and Twitter follow link on the sidebar few days back. But I didn't use whole Facebook fan box widget. As you can see I just added a thumbs up link.
    I like to keep things minimalistic :) . But fan box widget might have been a better idea.
    And for categories also I need to change the dropdown. The issue is space in the sidebar and the priority of the widgets.
    Anyways thanks for your suggestion ;)

aniroy1986, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  5. blueactiva

blueactiva Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yea, i also agree it is too much clean..

You can just change the theme, there are a lot of nice and professional themes that you can find for free, just google "wordpress themes your niche".
    I you have also time and passion, adding an image to your posts would be also important. I see the successful blog always include an image in their posts.

Cheers

blueactiva, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  6. rapidhits

rapidhits Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello mate,

Here's some recommendations for you:

1. Change your theme, find more interactive theme with more features.
    2. Add more categories to your website
    3. Concentrate your blog on audience and not yourself. Think as a user. ;)

rapidhits, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  7. aniroy1986

aniroy1986 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @blueactiva
    Yep! I agree. I should have had more pictures in my post. I am just lethargic :). I am trying to rectify it.

@rapidhits
    Why should I add more categories if I want to concentrate on to some specific ones! And I try to give my blog some personal touch. That's why there may a bit too much of me ;)

aniroy1986, Jan 21, 2013 IP