1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PPC effects SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by afoley77, Jan 18, 2013.

I have a site xyz.com. I have activated PPC for it and also doing SEO for it. Is there any effect of PPC on SEO? Would PPC help in bringing high ranks on SERPs or not ??

afoley77, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  2. mstechnosoft

mstechnosoft Member

Best Answers:
    Yes afcourse PPC helps a lot to grow your online business. And its true that PPC increase your SERP's.

mstechnosoft, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  3. fallen.star

fallen.star Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Both have different aspect on their own field. PPC will not effect on SEO.

fallen.star, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  4. jimbo2779

jimbo2779 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I dunno where mstechnosoft is coming from but I have not seen anything to suggest that PPC could increase your rankings, PPC is for bringing in traffic to your site now. If it were possible to get higher rankings because your site got some traffic you could just buy a crapload of traffic and have your site ranking in no time.

jimbo2779, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  5. pradeep_thakur

pradeep_thakur Peon

Best Answers:
    seo and ppc are different parts and no body effect each other. but ppc is give short term ranking in google. but seo gives u long term higjh ranking.

pradeep_thakur, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  6. affiliatepros

affiliatepros Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    No, PPC has nothing to do with organic ranking in Google. It brings you traffic yes, it gives you ad positions on first page, but it does not improve your website's rank in Google, or any of its inner pages for that matter. PPC will send you traffic as long as you pay for the clicks, high rankings in Google will send you free traffic, as long as you maintain good position.

affiliatepros, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  7. easycommerce

easycommerce Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In myself also have these kind of questions but i am clear the PPC will not affect the Organic SEO results and activities :)

easycommerce, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  8. zaid649

zaid649 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PPC does not have any effect on SEO.PPC is just a method to get traffic on your website with the help of ads.

zaid649, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  9. Sherlyne Bias

Sherlyne Bias Peon

Best Answers:
    PPC is useful when you're targeting very competitive keyword and they'll take time to show up in top results. So if your keyword doesn't appear in top SERP results, then also you can expect some traffic from them.
    Else, If you have a small budget, I would suggest you to run PPC for those keywords, which are important but you're not targeting them for the time being.

Sherlyne Bias, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  10. Alfie

Alfie Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    PPC is nothing to do with SEO. Both are different category, but i can say that PPC helps to index website pages in organic search results (but won't increase rankings in SERP)

Alfie, Jan 18, 2013 IP
  11. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied Banned

Best Answers:
    PPC won't affect your rankings in any way.

But if you're gonna try PPC, dont just send people to your home page. set up landing pages that are very targeted (unless you are just doing a branding campaign and want to get more awareness of your site, sending to HP won't be so bads then, but still, think if a unique LP on your site would help "sell" it)

Elfen Lied, Jan 19, 2013 IP
  12. war_machine

war_machine Active Member

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I SEO before I PPC. I at least make sure I'm indexed before
    firing up a campaign.

As far as your question is concerned, I couldn't really say,
    but I doubt Goog has any ties between SEO & PPC. That seems like it
    would kill of alot of there Advertisers (and lazy businesses for that matter).

war_machine, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  13. andersonsjohn

andersonsjohn Banned

Best Answers:
    PPC is best to buy traffic from specific location but here you have choice you select one from both or both for generate you website traffic.

andersonsjohn, Jan 20, 2013 IP
  14. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    PPC and SEO are the two different internet marketing techniques, however there is the general view that PPC brings short term results and is good in terms of fast traffic' increase, while SEO brings long-term results. And if your site appears on the #1 page of organic search results, this will generate much more profit. However, these two strategies do not sound as entirely the opposites to me, and they are the most effective when used together, especially in the beginning of establishing one's web presence.
    For instance, listing in both organic and paid search results gives the impression of site's established presence in a niche. Also, PPC instantly provides a lot of data to be used in site's optimization, for example: which PPC ads result in conversions, which keywords drive traffic to the site etc. And this information can be employed in one's SEO strategy later on. So, there are no direct effects of PPC on SEO, but the data collected in the process can be eventually used in order to elaborate and improve the entire SEO strategy.

Kianu42, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  15. greendealmanager

greendealmanager Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes. I think PPC affects the SEO. Because from PPC google gets so many money and SEO is free. So it gives more importance to PPC. You can see the First page for any Search results. You will found lots of advertising on First SERP.

greendealmanager, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  16. Bigbash

Bigbash Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, PPC has positivity over SEO.

Bigbash, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  17. LauraB

LauraB Peon

Best Answers:
    PPC is not supposed to directly effect seo, mainly because google's ppc pot (adsbot) has a different logic and algorithm than google's search bots. This provides assurance that data does not pass from one resource to the other (assuming they are promoting the same site). If you are unsure about the strength of ppc pages - you can put them under noindex/block them using robots.txt.
    Other than that, there is an indirect effect on the traffic - when someone promotes a page in ppc, users can respond better to the ad, resulting in less entrance to pages and this can effect how google will precieve your page.

LauraB, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  18. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes! Its absolutely Right That PPC Will Help You to Increase In SERP's & also in SEO.

iwebsocial, Jan 21, 2013 IP
  19. efortuneglobalsolutions

efortuneglobalsolutions Active Member

Best Answers:
    SEO and PPC are different. to bring traffic for less period use PPC and higher traffic for long maintain position

efortuneglobalsolutions, Jan 22, 2013 IP
  20. Abinajay

Abinajay Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes, PPC can increase the CTRs of your site. So that you can gain more traffic through that.

Abinajay, Jan 22, 2013 IP