1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sub categories added to my main menu ?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by mrix, Jan 16, 2013.

Hello all, I would like sub categories added to some links in my main menu, the links I have just direct to various forum categories but now I have added sub categories so would like the menu to reflex that if possible :confused:
    My forum menu code to date is this, well part of it....

Ideally I would like to add something along the lines of what this site explaines -
    http://users.wfu.edu/matthews/misc/web/navbar/

I like the idea of the enclosed sub links.

I am not really up on this type of thing so any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks all
    mrix

mrix, Jan 16, 2013 IP
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You'll need a menu for that - what you have is just links. Look at the code on the site you posted for an example of how to do it.

Rukbat, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  3. mrix

mrix Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately it shows me how to create the menu in dreamweaver but for some reason I dont have the drop down menu option which it explains ?????
    Thanks
    mrix

mrix, Jan 17, 2013 IP
  4. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't say "read the article", I said "look at the code". Just copy the code, put it in your site and change the menu items as needed. (And get rid of Dreamweaver. If you use it properly - as a text editor, it's about $390 too expensive. If you use the design panel, which is the wrong way to use it, it writes bloated incorrect code.)

Rukbat, Jan 18, 2013 IP